Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katina
    Commando
    • Mar 2012

I think Dave has aged incredibly well, at his age not many men have his level of fitness and body. There are no more jumps from the drum riser, but now he likes to dance, and does it very well with a smile, and has lot of fun goofing around in front of a mirror. And he is sharing it for free, with whoever wants to watch it.
    While watching it, when I get tired of the Love Train tune, I play Skycraper and I really love it!!!

Thanks Dave, the 28 years wait has its rewards, this is one of them, Roth On

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by loucap81
      So can anyone here honestly say they watched this entire video? I bet even Dave hasn't actually sat down and watched it from start to finish.

My take if anyone cares--it's a boring but utterly harmless video. At least the bits and pieces of it I watched, and I'm assuming the video is pretty uniform in content. But I'm quite surprised something this harmless has generated such vitriol. I suppose this is what happens when the band is inactive, the emotions and the anger fly high and anything that's VH related, but not indicative of the band touring or making music, is subject to harsh criticism.
      I watched maybe 15 minutes skipping forward hoping something new would appear... it didn't.

It is boring and utterly harmless. I believe the hoopla it's generated is due to a couple of things... high hopes and too many years of missed opportunities from both Dave and Van Halen. Just when it got going really great... tour canceled, well dried up, here we go again off the tracks and then this...

Blame Dave for a good part of this... he gave so much at times. He schooled us on the whole life sized value that "A Little Ain't Enough"... this time he overshot with "A Little 50 Times is Too Damn Much"!!!
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• envy_me
        Swedish Love Pump
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Dec 2010

What do you guys think is the point of this video? What was the thought behind it? It might be easier to understand from another point of view.

Discuss...
        The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The point... how much fuel mileage can you get from a 6 pack of Red Bull, bottle of Baby Powder... and some hardwood flooring. It's just fuckin around...
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
            What do you guys think is the point of this video? What was the thought behind it? It might be easier to understand from another point of view.

Discuss...
            There is no point - it's just Dave screwin' around and obviously enjoying the hell out of it. No big deal. Now, if you want artsy fucking around then watch the No Holds Barred-B-Q video...get a case of beer and a joint, kick back, light up and enjoy the ride..
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ZahZoo
              The point... how much fuel mileage can you get from a 6 pack of Red Bull, bottle of Baby Powder... and some hardwood flooring. It's just fuckin around...
              You mean he danced for 2 hours without any special reason? I'd might dance that long maybe to save a life. And then release it on internet, same song on repeat not less then 50(!) times (when you heard it 24 times, there is still 26 times left), with him just doing the same moves. There has got to be a point. I refuse to think that there isn't.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

You mean he danced for 2 hours without any special reason? I'd might dance that long maybe to save a life. And then release it on internet, same song on repeat not less then 50(!) times (when you heard it 24 times, there is still 26 times left), with him just doing the same moves. There has got to be a point. I refuse to think that there isn't.
                Ok, I'll let you in on it. You ever see the TV show The Young Ones? Probably not, way before your time. Anyway, at random places in the show they'd put in a couple of frames of some nonsense - like a quick shot of a bird flying, or a faucet with water coming out of it. For no reason, kinda like a quick subliminal message. If you watch the Dave video really closely you'll see the point of it.

Comment

• envy_me
                  Swedish Love Pump
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                  Ok, I'll let you in on it. You ever see the TV show The Young Ones? Probably not, way before your time. Anyway, at random places in the show they'd put in a couple of frames of some nonsense - like a quick shot of a bird flying, or a faucet with water coming out of it. For no reason, kinda like a quick subliminal message. If you watch the Dave video really closely you'll see the point of it.
                  If Jesus himself left a message, i'm not watching two hours of that. I'm gonna watch 24 minutes in where he takes his shirt of, and that's it.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Im guessing this is just some bits and pieces Dave filmed when he had time..along with the lyrics videos,etc...No point except maybe working on moves to use during the tour..getting used to the sliding all over the floor..just getting in tour condition..released to the public because he is a mad genius..he wants to stay in the public eye as much as possible..volunteering to play the SB..releasing videos to this site and others..finally learning to use the internet.

Comment

• atomicpnk47
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Feb 2007

Hmm there's probably a hidden message if played backwards....

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by atomicpnk47
                        Hmm there's probably a hidden message if played backwards....
                        Well, now the fucking cat's out of the bag...

Comment

• Momshell
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                          Well, now the fucking cat's out of the bag...
                          Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• Yount
                            Commando
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by ashstralia
                            hahaa!

you'll soon have a bright and shiny 'NBN'!!
                            featuring very expensive censored infrastructure...
                            Maybe I've been hitting the turps too hard lately. Took me 10 minutes to figure out what NBN meant. I thought it was some kind of acronym for boner or maybe an epiphany!!?? I mean I was just staring at this post at the screen going "WHA???"

Got it now. Yeah 2 gig. Fark. Someone here make sure they keep a hold of this video (along with Dave radio etc.)

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Yount
                              Maybe I've been hitting the turps too hard lately. Took me 10 minutes to figure out what NBN meant. I thought it was some kind of acronym for boner or maybe an epiphany!!?? I mean I was just staring at this post at the screen going "WHA???"

Got it now. Yeah 2 gig. Fark. Someone here make sure they keep a hold of this video (along with Dave radio etc.)
                              So, what the hell does it mean???
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Coyote
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

If Jesus himself left a message, i'm not watching two hours of that. I'm gonna watch 24 minutes in where he takes his shirt of, and that's it.
                                If Jesus is gonna just ramble for nearly a half an hour, he'd better bust out a stripper or two to keep me awake...
                                Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

Working...