Which musicians has Eddie Van Halen mocked over the years?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

i tried bath salts.. not bad, apart from the zombie apocalypse thing.

sent from my commodore64 via soupcan and string

Comment

• VHscraps
      Veteran
      • Jul 2009

He said in one of those early Guitar Player interviews - to a direct question 'are there any guitar players you don't like?' - 'I don't like Joe Perry and Ritchie Blackmore'.

But then qualified it by saying 'that's because they hate my ass. I don't like them because they don't like me.'

In both cases it was to do with the fact that he was snubbed when he tried to introduce himself to those two - with Blackmore it was when they were a nobody Sunset Strip band in 75-75 when Ed and Al went up to Blackmore in thr Rainbow Bar and Grill; with Perry it was some backstage snub in 78.

I think the truth is probably that he liked both of them as players, and just didn't like being brushed off.

I know that Blackmore said somewhere in an interview - back in the early 80s - that he thought Ed was an amazing player.
      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
        I know that Blackmore said somewhere in an interview - back in the early 80s - that he thought Ed was an amazing player.
        I recall an interview with Blackmore around the time of the "Right Now" single where he offered this somewhat bizarre comment:

"Eddie Van Halen is probably the most influential player in the last 15 years. I think he's going to be remembered-he could be the next Cole Porter."

HUH?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          Someone failed to meet me for a beer the last time I was in L.A.....

Scheduling error... next time for sure!
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
            I recall an interview with Blackmore around the time of the "Right Now" single where he offered this somewhat bizarre comment:

"Eddie Van Halen is probably the most influential player in the last 15 years. I think he's going to be remembered-he could be the next Cole Porter."

HUH?
            You sure he didn't mean Nat King Cole..?

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• VHscraps
              Veteran
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by chefcraig

HUH?
              Yeah, I remember that, too, Chef.

I think that was a Blackmore compliment, but you never know with him - is he taking the piss or not. There was a book about Blackmore that was quite good as collection of anecdotes about the practical jokes he played on people throughout the years ... Black Knight: Ritchie Blackmore by Jerry Bloom.

Even in that cover pic, you suspect - well, I do - that he is making a gesture with the hands, aimed at the photographer. 'you are a dick', or some such ...
              THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• fraroc
                Commando
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                The Other Half which was a band started by Sauce Soboweski and Sammy Hagar.
                That "band" is nothing more than Sammy Hagar and Mike taking every opportunity to bite the hand that fed them. At least Mike actually has the common fucking decency to like ADKOT and admit that Wolfie is an awesome bassist. Sammy, PUH-
                LEEZE. "Respect for others" ain't even in his vocabulary.
                How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• baru911
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jun 2012

Ed did say this about Page later:
                  "He's a genius. He's a great player, a songwriter, a producer. Put it this way, he might not be the greatest executor of whatever, but then you hear a Page solo, he speaks. I've always said Clapton was my main influence, but Page was actually more the way I am, in a reckless-abandon kind of way."
                  Just remember boys and girls, to get Nick the Dick and his partner FORD off your porch when they come to your home you just need to pay them for the pizza.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

I remember that...

Comment

• Zing!
                      Veteran
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                      Kinda unrelated note but Nikki Sixx bit ed's hand once
                      A moose once bit my sister...

No realli! She was Karving her initials on the moose with the sharpened end
                      of an interspace toothbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an
                      Oslo
                      dentist and star of many Norwegian movies: "The Hot Hands of an Oslo
                      Dentist",
                      "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Molars of Horst Nordfink"...

Mynd you, moose bites Kan be pretti nasti...
                      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• gbranton
                        Veteran
                        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Zing!
                        Did it give you a headache?
                        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• jpage78
                          Groupie
                          • Sep 2011

Ritchie Blackmore is brilliant and one of the best guitar players of all time. He's also extremely moody and prone to be prick and the most random of moments. I think Ed unfortunately met Blackmore during one of those moments.

Comment

• WildTurkey
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Oct 2010

See, the VH and Rush in a hotel bar story I heard was a little different. It was something to the effect that Geddy and EVH ran into each other one evening, and Geddy, looking up to Ed, offered him a tape of Rush's to listen to and give his feedback on. Seems like it was supposed to be a demo, or a Rush album that hasn't been released yet. Supposedly, Ed took the tape, dropped it in his drink, and laughed at him.

I heard this a few years bag from some fag on the classic VH site, so who knows the veracity of it all. I believed it when I heard it, given that it involved Ed being a drunken oaf. Now that another version pops up, I am inclined to wonder how true it might be.

I have no idea what year this supposedly took place, but it wouldn't surprise me if the tape had been Hold Your Fire. I'd drop my copy of that in a drink, or flush it down the shitter, but the damn disc won't fit in either one.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              I met Jimmy Page in Salt Lake City, Utah. He was doing a fund raising thing for his wife's charity. He was smartly dressed in an expensive suit and very polite. He was in full British gentleman mode but then of course he was smiling for dollars that day.
                              80% Alert

Comment

• Coyote
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
                                A moose once bit my sister...

No realli! She was Karving her initials on the moose with the sharpened end
                                of an interspace toothbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an
                                Oslo
                                dentist and star of many Norwegian movies: "The Hot Hands of an Oslo
                                Dentist",
                                "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Molars of Horst Nordfink"...

What about the 42 whooping llamas?
                                Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

Working...