How would you feel if VH re-recorded CVH tunes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 78/84 guy
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by fourthcoming
    Don't like the re-record idea....wouldn't buy it.....it's lame. Leave that to the Def Leppard's of the world....who just re-recorded High and Dry.....never want to hear that.
    Fuck I didn't even buy the remasters of the 6 pack ! Why would I want 6 great albums to sound any different than they are/were recorded.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

The remastered CDs sound much better than the crappy sounding CDs Warner bros first released...

They don't sound different than the original recording, they sound closer to the master tape than the early CDs due to advancements in digital mastering technology...
      Last edited by ELVIS; 08-05-2012, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
        Veteran
        • Mar 2012

Last night I was at a little party. They had a record player. I got to listen to 1984 on Vinyl...cool shit, minus the fact of having to get up to flip the damn record over. Man, how times have changed. Van Halen sounds fucking killer no matter what!
        Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• loucap81
          Head Fluffer
          • Apr 2012

Your friends need to get a turntable that automatically flips the record. Otherwise they're just so behind the times

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
            Last night I was at a little party. They had a record player. I got to listen to 1984 on Vinyl...cool shit, minus the fact of having to get up to flip the damn record over. Man, how times have changed. Van Halen sounds fucking killer no matter what!
            My youngest daughter is fascinated by some of the older stuff. She wanted a rotary dial phone for some reason so I found a cool old pay phone on Ebay and hung it on the wall. It works and when kids come over they love that thing. I have an old Seeburg juke box in the rec room and you can see it switch the records. Kids love that too. I have 1984 on vynle and it's in good shape. Still has the original sleeve and everything. I play it now and then. You get more bass and dynamics from the vynle. Pop on the MP3 and it will sound thinner.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
              Hits by any band suck ass 99% of the time, like Jump...
              Like Tattoo.

Comment

• loucap81
                Head Fluffer
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                Like Tattoo.
                "Tattoo" might have been crafted specifically for radio airplay, but it was hardly a hit. Not that it matters for anything but how long did it last on terrestrial radio? In Philly it literally had a week's shelf life and then they moved on. Of course, this is pretty much how it goes for most legacy bands anymore.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

The new holy grail for a new release is to get it to be used in a television ad. If you can get the Super Bowl or The Olympics and it's a good catchy song that translates to airplay on the radio too. The attention span is so sort these days hits aren't what they used to be.

Comment

• loucap81
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Apr 2012

And when was the last time a song from a legacy band got substantial play in a TV ad? I'm thinking "Vertigo" by U2 in 2004 for the iPod.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by loucap81
                      "Tattoo" might have been crafted specifically for radio airplay, but it was hardly a hit. Not that it matters for anything but how long did it last on terrestrial radio? In Philly it literally had a week's shelf life and then they moved on. Of course, this is pretty much how it goes for most legacy bands anymore.
                      I think Tattoo was a bad choice for the initial single... I have semi-scientific proof...

I had an interesting experience over the weekend DJ'ing a wedding reception as a favor to a close musician buddy of mine. Something I've never done... or will do again I think. Anyways... as the night wore down after all the cake cutting, bride/father dance crap was out of the way... I threw Stay Frosty into the mix and it packed the dance floor with all ages of folks. Had several people ask... "is that Van Halen? That rocks!!" A while later I threw Tattoo on and it bombed... Shortly after I had some 70-something old timer, drunk off his ass, inform me that "people don't want to listen to that hard rock shit!!" Then requested some Patsy Cline... and I obliged and spun Crazy for him. So there ya have it...
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...