• chi-town324
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Feb 2007

this is bullshit

Comment

• Monkeeman
      Groupie
      • Jul 2012

Britain's Classic Rock magazine (which is usually a reliable source of info) contains a quote from the promoter on their newspage regarding VH cancelling an Australian tour - http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/n...acken-tragedy/

Comment

• loucap81
        Head Fluffer
        • Apr 2012

I guess they couldn't secure the fee they wanted?

How does it work again, the promoter pays the band an upfront fee to do all the shows, and then it's on the promoter to do all the leg work and try to make a profit?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VAiN
          I'm calling total bullshit on this one. vh.net is a fucking joke. The link just goes to their shitty forum and a post by some rumor mongering jerk-off.
          Junior Varsity.....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Pulled out..? Doesn't sound manly to me, Bill. I say leave it in there and get the job done!!

Must of been the Japanese sword training... another "unnecessary roughness" call... damn zebras!!
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
              Pulled out..? Doesn't sound manly to me, Bill. I say leave it in there and get the job done!!
              Excellent Carlin reference....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• fwacf
                Roadie
                • Jul 2004

When it comes to Kangaroo Country......Melodic Crock has it covered!
                When you turn on your stereo, does it return the favor?

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2012

Sorry guys....it appears that you are right and this was some kind of bullshit, because I still haven't seen anything on the VHND...
                  Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I find that in general... you have to have a tour booked before you can cancel it...
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by fwacf
                      When it comes to Kangaroo Country......Melodic Crock has it covered!
                      The fact that Sammy Hagar isn't involved, coupled with the notion of how spectacularly and insipidly wrong he was about every detail leading up to the release of ADKOT and it's subsequent tour more or less suggests the halfwit is fairly gun-shy about opening his mouth again on the subject of Van Halen. Which in and of itself provides harmony to the universe.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Halen High
                        Commando
                        • Jul 2004

A Melbourne newspaper, the Herald Sun, has reported that Van Halen won't be touring Down Under this summer. They are not the most reliable source for music news but TripleM radio love VH and are usually across any news on the band. They are reporting that the tour won't go ahead this year.

I'm sure VH management wanted to tie in an Aussie tour with Japan for the economics of the whole thing so as we are now in mid-August, if they don't organise some October/November dates in the next 3-4 weeks with another promoter, I doubt they will come here. December is too close to Christmas.

The wait goes on...
                        Last edited by Halen High; 08-14-2012, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Halen High
                          Commando
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                          The fact that Sammy Hagar isn't involved, coupled with the notion of how spectacularly and insipidly wrong he was about every detail leading up to the release of ADKOT and it's subsequent tour more or less suggests the halfwit is fairly gun-shy about opening his mouth again on the subject of Van Halen. Which in and of itself provides harmony to the universe.
                          Based on Andrew's love for Sammy and preferance for the Van Hagar era, I've always believed that his main source for news was in Sammy's camp. He was getting the scoops for the 2004 fiasco, but today, I don't think he has the motivation to report on VH.

ADKOT rocks too hard for Melodicrock.

Comment

Working...