• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Thomas hayden Church's DLR Story

Thomas Hayden Church Thrown Out Of Van Halen Gig For Smoking Joint

Actor Thomas Hayden Church was once kicked out of a Van Halen show for puffing on a huge joint.

The Sideways star and his pals thought it would be a great ruse to create the perfect "witch's hat" roll-up for the Texas festival show - but it drew too much attention.

He recalls, "Van Halen was opening for Black Sabbath, so we got our heads together and we're like, 'OK, how can we get some attention...' and so we rolled a huge cigarette.

"(At the gig) I was like, 'Hey, over here, over here...' David Lee Roth comes running over and grabs it right out of my hand, and I'm like, 'Dude, we're supposed to smoke that together...' and he runs to the other end of the stage and the next thing security is grabbing us and they drag us out: 'Get outta here kid and keep your filthy Satan spinach with you!'"

The actor and his pals headed backstage and Lee Roth smuggled them in after recognising his drug buddy, but he told them to keep a low profile.

Hayden Church adds, "We're over by the food table and we're like, 'Don't stare at anybody, act like you're supposed to be here, don't speak to anybody...' and suddenly everybody's parting and my buddy goes, 'Holy s**t, there's Ozzy!.' We were thrown out again."

Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

"Satan Spinach"?
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• TJMKID
      Veteran
      • Mar 2004

Sounds like highly-embellished BS to me. Funny how he never mentioned this story back in the 90's when Dave was doing his Vegas act and nobody wanted to be associated with him.

Fast forward to 2012 and Van Halen is popular again with a great comeback album and tour ---- so let's roll out the "Yeah, I partied with VH back in the day" malarkey. Little bit of free PR during a career lull is a textbook maneuver.

Maybe Church will entertain us with his "Madonna snorted coke off my dick" story in a future installment.

Comment

• Satan
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
        "Satan Spinach"?
        Just call me Popeye
        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• fraroc
          Commando
          • Jun 2012

I'm going with TJMKID here. This is complete fucking malarkey. "Satan Spinach" sounds like something a prude-ass Christian fundie would say about pot. And besides, I know damn well Dave smoked that shit back then, he must have.
          How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Angel
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
            I'm going with TJMKID here. This is complete fucking malarkey. "Satan Spinach" sounds like something a prude-ass Christian fundie would say about pot. And besides, I know damn well Dave smoked that shit back then, he must have.
            He certainly smoked the one I passed him...
            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by Angel
              He certainly smoked the one I passed him...
              Now that is a cool dave story
              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

And you, music lover, you're next

Comment

Working...