Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
    Really ??

We'll see...

He was great on ADKOT...

He's sucked 90% of the time ever since...
    Don't make me 'splain it!
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Nah... Go ahead an splain it... I want to see big E's head explode!!
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

There's nothing to splain...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DONNIEP
          Don't make me 'splain it!

donnie!!!!

10269635_793749610645604_5231775744764991563_n.jpg
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
            donnie!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11764[/ATTACH]
            Hello new avatar...
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Silexxx
              Head Fluffer
              • Sep 2010

Comment

• katina
                Commando
                • Mar 2012

Thanks !!! I´m happy !!!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Don't care for the song, but his voice is sounding pretty good.

All of the Facebook Dave haters are begging for their Margaritaville covering Bette to be brought back in to VH after this.

Comment

• fraroc
                    Commando
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                    Don't care for the song, but his voice is sounding pretty good.

All of the Facebook Dave haters are begging for their Margaritaville covering Bette to be brought back in to VH after this.
                    Those haters can do one of three things.

A. Fuck Off
                    B. Fuck Off
                    C. Suck my fucking DLR-loving ass.
                    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Zing!
                      Veteran
                      • Oct 2011

This vid demonstrates two things to me: 1.) Dave can talk just fine in a song. 2.) Dave can no longer sing, and/or, has a LOT of vocal training to do before starting a new VH album.

I'm not sure what the hell happened to his voice after 2008 (or to be generous - after recording ADKOT in 2011 or so), but it appears to be gone for good. John Shanks - or whoever handles Dave's vocals next time around - will have his work cut out for him, because he sounds like he's singing with his nuts in a vice.
                      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I'm happy but didn't enjoy the new song...

Dave mentions that it's in these studios he uses them to keep his voice in shape... I'm not convinced. What I heard wasn't what is exercised in a proper vocal training scenario. What I hear is just fucking around and vocal masturbation. If anything Dave's strengthening the vocal techniques that totally suck and the reason many of us believe he's lost it... singing wise.

Whoever the vocal coach or whatever Dave used to prepare for the Bluegrass stuff is where he needs to return to. It was after those sessions during the 07/08 that Dave sounded the best he had in years.
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Zing!
                          I'm not sure what the hell happened to his voice after 2008 (or to be generous - after recording ADKOT in 2011 or so), but it appears to be gone for good.

One word = Age.

It's not rocket surgery, simply human genetics IMO. The dude's turning 60 in five months. Not everybody's singing range will sustain after a certain period of time.....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Zing!
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

The Roth Show

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            One word = Age.

It's not rocket surgery, simply human genetics IMO. The dude's turning 60 in five months. Not everybody's singing range will sustain after a certain period of time.....
                            True. But why publicize the fact? These recent vids of DLR attempting to sing with average to poor results may serve to boost his own ego, but they do nothing for a diehard fan like me except make me cringe. Am I missing something here?

In my useless opinion, Dave should do less singing in public and continue to portray himself as a credible rock singer via studio wizardry on strictly VH releases from now on. He'll have to yelp and whoop and have blower rants and "sing" in weird keys and bizarre registers on tour, but I guess that can't be helped at this point.

The man doesn't appear to be doing anything to improve his talent these days, other than full body tattoos and irrelevant (accept to us) webisodes. I say this with all due respect to Dave - who probably accomplishes more in a week than I have in a lifetime - and with a heavy heart; but it's sad to see one of your idols lose his luster.

Waaa me. I'll get over it. Here's hoping the follow-up to ADKOT kicks ass and is supported by a phenomenal tour...
                            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Zing!
                              He'll have to yelp and whoop and have blower rants and "sing" in weird keys and bizarre registers on tour, but I guess that can't be helped at this point.

Comment

• Never was
                                Foot Soldier
                                • May 2012

I agree w Zahzoo 100%. Dave is forcing his singing to sound like something he thinks it should be rather than what it is. When he doesn't think much and just mucking around he sounds great. On this he sounds like crap to me. The low end still exists but that high in the head high note crap aint gonna get er done period. Learn sound fundamentals from the diaphragm in his natural range without forcing he sound good still. This stuff was pure crap vocally and I suspect no real producer in the room to push him into his range so he sings the way he thinks he should sound or something but it does not work. Age is an enemy but on that song he is the enemy of his own voice.

Comment

Working...