• Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
    Dave quit VH on April 1, 1985.
    Officially, sure....

Unofficially, he left after the last VH concert in Germany, Sept. '84.....

Don't forget, VH cut the Monsters of Rock tour short in Nuremburg, they didn't play the shows in Rome or Milan...

So basically, it was all over by then....
    Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 12-12-2012, 10:44 PM.
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Who cares when it was... Thankfully Dave didn't quit Dave... The show must go on and it did. Nuff said!!
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Requested Roth Show Topics

These ideas may come off as pedestrian when compared to the overall basis for episode 6, however, it would still be fantastic to see and hear the following topics discussed.

• Young Dave crooning with his acoustic. As mentioned in the great article posted by VH Scraps, Dave made his rounds in clubs as a one man acoustic guitar and singer act for a time in the early 1970's. What was that like? What songs besides Ice Cream Man did Dave perform? Covers? Originals? Any photos besides the one or two we've seen from this period in his life?

• Red Ball Jet- Insight into Dave's first band-fronting stage gig with mic in hand. Who was involved? How did that get started? What did it sound like? Are there any photos or recordings of this band? Did they disband the day Dave took a gig elsewhere?

• Black Oak Arkansas- In the Van Halen - The Early Years Documentary, there is mention of Dave bringing an 8 mm movie camera to the shows to film Jim "Dandy" Mangrum's moves. I find this fascinating, but I'd like to hear more of how, or even if, that actually took place, from the horses mouth.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

I passed it on....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            I passed it on....
            You absolutely rock. Thank you!

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

these are pretty fuckin cool , I hope he keeps bringing them out.
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                these are pretty fuckin cool , I hope he keeps bringing them out.
                Totally agree. He's a great storyteller, and it's soooo well put together.
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

This episode was amazing on a few different levels. The Jungle Studs stories were more graspable (?) in this format than in his book. His sense of humor, like his cool, ages like a fine wine and God Dammit, if he didn't also manage to come off like a guy who'd be great around kids! His silly voices and pantomiming are delightful and superbly delivered.

Ok, last night I had too much beer. Now, I'm swimming in coffee. I'll calm down.
                  Last edited by DLR Bridge; 12-13-2012, 12:02 PM. Reason: A fucking comma

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by jhale667
                    Totally agree. He's a great storyteller, and it's soooo well put together.
                    I could listen to him shoot the shit all day
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Zing!
                      Veteran
                      • Oct 2011

Love the casual vibe - no rock star pretensions whatsoever. It's like his assistant said "time to shoot" and Dave stops shoveling shit or or whatever it is he does around the MojoDojo, has a Red Bull, and starts talking. Doesn't even bother to change his grubby overalls. Classic.
                      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Dave was wearing Browning insulated overalls. The kind Ted Nugent wears when he goes out to kill Bambie.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          Dave was wearing Browning insulated overalls. The kind Ted Nugent wears when he goes out to kill Bambie.
                          He'd just finished skinning the giant bunny they made the suit out of.
                          Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Dave went down a rabbit hole in New Guinea and fucking killed the white rabbit from Alice and Wonderland. Beetle nut is a hell of a drug.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I loved the doubled dancing Dave imagery in the bunny suit. Reminds me of the Panama video with the two Daves in blue and white with the hair tucked up in his hat.

Comment

• KSTONER
                                Roth Army Recruit
                                • Jul 2011

UGH......Fucking school sucks the joy and life out of me. I've been meaning to watch this show for a while but I couldn't make it past the first episode due to NOOOO time.

THEN!!.....I had to answer a few essay questions for my Gender and Race in Film class. "I gotta have something on in the background", I say to myself. Well....a generous amount of Wild Turkey 101 proof and a lil' Coke for sanity mixed with some insomnia and I'm watching this shit religiously. I ended up finishing my questions very late in the morning simply because I was absolutely transfixed! I love every aspect of it. The production is great and it ALL feels deliberate. The "shit" quality video when Dave's showing off the MojoDojo had me dying in nerdy laughter. Very Tim & Eric like but with a style and class only the Diamond One can provide. Episode 6 was the best yet!

Keep it up Dave, you majestic bastard!
                                Last edited by KSTONER; 12-13-2012, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...