• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Like I said elsewhere this morning:

If something is happening (like the tour is back on) in March, then we should be hearing about it soon. We had tickets for shows in March this time last year.

I did hear that Fleetwood Mac tickets go on sale here Friday, for a June show, so maybe this week is out. They're touring April through the beginning of July...
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

OK, everyone can relax.... Directly from DDE....

I can't tell you what is coming in March but the sky is not falling and this is not a band related message.

Stay Frosty!
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

The Roth Show is not really a show! I'm disappointed. No car chases and/or crashes, no gun violence no horrible cliche writing and bad plots (with even worse acting) with bad camera angle sex scenes. I may have to get this Twitter horseshit and "twit" Roth to get his act together.

Comment

• Never was
          Foot Soldier
          • May 2012

Maybe not so cryptic, but a clothing line he is launching?

Comment

• Northern Girl
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Never was
            a clothing line he is launching?
            Good Lord, NO! In his own words - Dave is a fashion emergency!
            Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Never was
              Foot Soldier
              • May 2012

I agree NG , but reality has never been constraint for him trying different things.

Comment

• VAiN
                Use my hand, I won't look
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                Suddenly not that interested if it isn't a band related thing.
                Agreed, but at least Dave is reaching out to us. We've gotten more out of these guys in the last 12 months than we have in the last 12 years!
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by VAiN
                  Agreed, but at least Dave is reaching out to us. We've gotten more out of these guys in the last 12 months than we have in the last 12 years!
                  Thats the angle am taking and its all good for me,
                  fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'm still wondering about the possible "surprise in February" Ed started hinting at just before he took ill, and did the illness throw that off. Plus, their management is in a mild state of flux. Business as usual when you think about it. I'm sure their cooking something up for this year. Japan's on the docket (knock wood) right?

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

I can only hope this message means that Dave Roth will be competing against Bobby Flay on Iron Chef America, while kicking his smug little ass in the process. Christ, aside from that twerp Alton Brown and the much-too-loud and hog-like Anne Burrell, Flay has to be the most annoying person on the Food Network.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                        I hear you.....very very good point. It's just too bad the rest of them can't be as ambitious. After waiting 27 yrs for a new VH album, I just wish there wasn't so much Idle time in between tours or albums but that's the way it is.
                        It's not surprising, even now.... Even when VH was on top of the rock world in the early '80's, Ed would regularly tell anyone listening how he hated being a "rock star".....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Chef, I work right around the corner from his Mesa Grill restaurant on 5th Avenue. Do you want should I go press ham on the front window?

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                            Chef, I work right around the corner from his Mesa Grill restaurant on 5th Avenue. Do you want should I go press ham on the front window?
                            Nah, to tell ya the truth, after reading about Flay (and Emeril for that matter, who found work in his shops nationwide for his employees displaced by the hurricane that hit New Orleans a few years back) in Anthony Bourdain's books over the years, I've pretty much gotten to the point of accepting the smugness. Some of these celebrity chefs have pretty good sized empires to run, with dozens if not hundreds of employees dependent upon a cash flow that isn't always accommodated for by the restaurants alone. This is why you see these cheesy competitive cooking shows springing up week after week, as they serve to supplement the bottom line. And in order to do so, these chefs more often than not find themselves starring on tediously pointless shows and even resorting to hawking at times dubious cookware on the Home Shopping Channel or at various department stores.

So in that regard, I'm willing to give Bobby Flay a bit of a break. As for Anne Burrell, the less said the better. She singlehandedly does enough yacking, snorting, guffawing and perspiring for the entire website, let alone the tv audience.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Blaze
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Momshell
                              Tokyo Hi-Power Style coming to America in March ... twitter.com/DavidLeeRoth/s…— David Lee Roth (@DavidLeeRoth) January 29, 2013
                              Cool pic, I saw this on Facebook too.

Last edited by Blaze; 01-30-2013, 10:44 AM.
                              "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                              sigpic

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Love conquers all, greetings from Japan ... twitter.com/DavidLeeRoth/s…— David Lee Roth (@DavidLeeRoth) January 31, 2013

Comment

Working...