Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VHscraps
    Veteran
    • Jul 2009

What is that saying ... 'gimme Dave or the grave' ...

Well, I say (obviously, this being fackn Roth Army) - Daaaavee!

I think this is my fave one of these so far. Way to go, Dave - and keep them coming.
    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• clarathecarrot
      Full Member Status

• May 2010

cant seen to edit my above post edit screen is blank unresponsive can't correct splels..nuttin... won't even initiate advanced ... so please delete the second post a dupe...and I even rebooted and re-established internet link relogged on etc... but it just won't work I can type here though...it's wierd man...I am going to try and log back in in 30 min and beat the time out check my connection..out.

thank you

delete this to if you will....I know you all are busy but I tried....lol
      2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
      clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Cato
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

anyone posted this yet?

"Jump remix" is on Dave's site.

The official David Lee Roth website. The Roth Show videos, playlists and more.

click on the picture.
        Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• clarathecarrot
          Full Member Status

• May 2010

New to me, wild... t/x, Cato.

Comment

• Cato
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I already imorted the track to my iTunes but still have no idea if it's cool or not.. what do you think of this version, thome?
            Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• clarathecarrot
              Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by Cato
              I already imorted the track to my iTunes but still have no idea if it's cool or not.. what do you think of this version, thome?

Call me clara the carrot or clara or shit for brains ...just don't call me late for dinner..lol.

I like it alot, the last half is the best... but it seems to me to be DLR mixing up some jazz just playing around with some updated tools to keep the rythm juices flowing, I like some ambient style music and this seems just like DLR making a string of cuts that can be used for smaller time limited applications ...for what I don't know.

Like cropping in on a picture it's gives a different perspective and tells another story.

Peace.

Comment

• Zing!
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

A tad long - the deejay talk could have been tightened up, but the final ten minutes made it all worth it! Classic Dave - and man can that dude put a smile on my face! Love the comparison between an actual, physical book in your hands and an iPad. Might have to steal that and use it in school!
                My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

The #Tokyo Hi-Power Style radio show with David Lee Roth

Click Here !!
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

New from DLR. Tokyo Hi-Power Style ow.ly/hu02G and the Jump Super Floor WhiteNoize Remix ow.ly/htZX8 twitter.com/DavidLeeRoth/s…— David Lee Roth (@DavidLeeRoth) February 6, 2013
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Maybe it's a Japanese cultural thing... but neither the high power radio thing nor that trashing of Jump impressed me the least bit. Whatever...
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Zing!
                        Veteran
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Cato
                        I'll tell you what I think: this is living proof that you don't have to kiss DLR's ass and say everything he does is gold. I'm still cleaning my ears from when they bled the first (and only) time I listened to the Jump remix turd. That was goddamn awful. Sounded like an 8th grader downloaded a trial version of an mp3 mixing program and tried to make a dance club mix out of Jump.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't always get Dave...
                        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by jhale667
                          The "Jump" remix is... interesting.
                          I hope I'm reading you right as I interpret your definition of "interesting" as "mindblowingly suckish."

I mean...I love Dave and all...but that was awful.

I have a new theory on the Brazilian nightclub fire. I think they spun that remix and someone deliberately set the fire as part of a mass suicide pact.

C'mon Dave...give us a break.
                          Originally posted by perilouspete
                          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

OK, I lost count. How many different genres of music has Dave re-imagined Jump with? That tune needs a vacation.

Comment

• Coyote
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                              The "Jump" remix is... interesting.
                              Meh, could've been better...

Try these...
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaK_0b-Dfe8 (IMO, a better "dance" remix)
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM2KuEdr0rM (Dubstep remix)
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN_ECzaWQ38 ("Brainpain remix"... fitting name.)

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                              OK, I lost count. How many different genres of music has Dave re-imagined Jump with? That tune needs a vacation.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhtszrTRbAo (Don't mind the lyrics... They're in Finnish... )
                              Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                                Full Member Status

• May 2010

...like I wrote above I think the jump remix is a grouping of smaller time limited background for something we don't know about, you can tell there are about 25 different styles of takes in there it isn't one long chain mixed all the same time wise, it is a bunch of little segements chained on one stream as to save it and remove segmented cuts later.

I am listening to the radio Hi-Power link off the twitter image above and it is cool to write to....Roth On DLR!!!

Nice...

Comment

Working...