X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    Dave's greatest strength was that he had no weaknesses! You're a relatively newer fan who's into to his intelligent persona, sex appeal and showmanship. He's still got that going on, so your pretty much covered. Older fans couldn't disagree with you more, however, regarding Dave's vocal abilities. He sang (and screamed) with such a powerful dynamic through out the bulk of his career. Sammy couldn't emulate the record version of RWTD to save his life, yet he's always been touted as the better singer. I personally enjoy Dave's singing and lyrics more than all of the other stuff.
    si, know almost every word to every song sung by dave, still tryin' to air guitar the bass intro to RWTD
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• envy_me
      Swedish Love Pump
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Dec 2010

Dave's greatest strength was that he had no weaknesses! You're a relatively newer fan who's into to his intelligent persona, sex appeal and showmanship. He's still got that going on, so your pretty much covered. Older fans couldn't disagree with you more, however, regarding Dave's vocal abilities. He sang (and screamed) with such a powerful dynamic through out the bulk of his career. Sammy couldn't emulate the record version of RWTD to save his life, yet he's always been touted as the better singer. I personally enjoy Dave's singing and lyrics more than all of the other stuff.

That is absolutelly correct. I am into all of that you mentioned. Singing is secondary. I never thought of him as a great singer. He is good and perfect for Van Halen, but nothing more. Don't get me wrong, I do LOVE great singing. But I go somewhere else for that.
      The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by envy_me
        That is absolutelly correct. I am into all of that you mentioned. Singing is secondary. I never thought of him as a great singer. He is good and perfect for Van Halen, but nothing more. Don't get me wrong, I do LOVE great singing. But I go somewhere else for that.
        you don't like any of his solo stuff?
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• clarathecarrot
          Full Member Status

• May 2010

DLR's voice is like playing a every so slightly out of tune piano with the grandest exhilaration of singing and celebration happening all around was had by all... instead of waiting for someone to come and tune it perfectly .

..and that is what makes it great.
          2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
          clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Have you listened to the first six VH albums in their entirety? Good is a major understatement.

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
              you don't like any of his solo stuff?
              "...but nothing more..." AS A SINGER.

Comment

• envy_me
                Swedish Love Pump
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Dec 2010

Have you listened to the first six VH albums in their entirety? Good is a major understatement.
                Not in their entirety. I don't think I've heard ALL songs (I wrote dongs first, lol) of any band.

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

You haven't heard all the cvh albums ???kinda seems strange to say that on here .
                  Well your in for a treat ... You should go check em out
                  fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Not in their entirety. I don't think I've heard ALL songs (I wrote dongs first, lol) of any band.

OMFG! What the hell?!

That's like, well it's the same as, or kinda similar to.......oh fuck. It ain't like anything! For fucks sake get to youtube and listen to these albums. They are things of beauty, perfection, the best god dammed collection of songs ever recorded. And can you believe it's all from 4 drunken & stoned shlubs from Pasadena?
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                      You should go check em out

Understatement of the century.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• envy_me
                        Swedish Love Pump
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Dec 2010

LMFAO You guys... I will hear them. I just don't wanna rush. There are only six of them and I have at least 60 more years to live I like to take it slow and suck on it for a while. Save some for later.

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by sadaist
                          Understatement of the century.

I was trying to underplay it
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Coyote
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

I like to take it slow and suck on it for a while. Save some for later.
                            Ah, Sweden...
                            Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• envy_me
                              Swedish Love Pump
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Coyote
                              Ah, Sweden...

Lol, you know what I mean Suga på karamellen as we say

Comment

• Coyote
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Lol, you know what I mean Suga på karamellen as we say
                                Yes, I remember saying that once or twice... "Vill du suga min karamellen?"
                                Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

Working...