X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Northern Girl
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
    And shouldn't you be recording my new ring tone right now? Hop to it bub.
    Huh? What? Me? I'm a bub?
    Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

I guess so, bub...

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl
        Huh? What? Me? I'm a bub?

About 1 1/2 weeks ago I popped off a "bub" at someone and I liked it so much I am trying to work it in every day.....bub. Try it. It's a lot of fun
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
          It just seems to me and what I know 1st hand about nicotine addiction. Once you're there it takes more than 1-2 cigarettes just to kick start your day. I know of virtually no one except those that rarely smoke except when drunk that can contain consumption to 1-2 per day.

Logic tells me... no regular job... lots of Red Bull... some drinkin... tons of free time... Gonna need more than a smoke or two to fill the day.
          Exactly.

People that smoke 1 or 2 a day don't smoke during their morning shift at work like Dave did on his radio show.
          He smoked 2 during the couple of hours of the Rogan show.
          The people that smoke 1 or 2 a day smoke 1 after their evening meal or borrow 1 off a friend after a couple of beers at night.

On a related note I wonder how many people took up smoking copying Eddie?

I don't want to be too hard on him but he's probably killed thousands...

Comment

• katina
            Commando
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by envy_me
            Singing is secondary. I never thought of him as a great singer. He is good and perfect for Van Halen, but nothing more.
            It was Dave´s singing that made me a fan. Living here I was very lucky to listen to VH album back in 1978, I wrote about it in the R.A. Welcome Wagon Thread, when I introduced myself.

I remember while listening to VH to those awesome songs, a “not of this world” guitar playing…. I thought “who dares to scream and sing like this, he is fabulous”!! I grabbed the album´s cover, and I saw Dave leaning backwards….I will never forget that moment.

35 years later, smoking has damaged Dave´s voice, I don´t like to watch him coughing. I care for his voice and I think he should quit smoking, for his singing and his health.

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

Not me. Dave makes me laugh and that's what I like. Plus CVH has a LOT of songs that I like. It's Aerosmith, Queen and CVH that have the highest percent good songs of all songs made (to me). Maybe Pretenders too. So it's the songs and a great front man.

God, let the guy smoke. It's rock!!! I hope he shows up late for the show sometimes. Like 2-3 hours late.
              The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                The people that smoke 1 or 2 a day smoke 1 after their evening meal or borrow 1 off a friend after a couple of beers at night.
                Do you know when they shit too, bub?
                Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Angel
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Not me. Dave makes me laugh and that's what I like. Plus CVH has a LOT of songs that I like. It's Aerosmith, Queen and CVH that have the highest percent good songs of all songs made (to me). Maybe Pretenders too. So it's the songs and a great front man.

God, let the guy smoke. It's rock!!! I hope he shows up late for the show sometimes. Like 2-3 hours late.
                  You want him to be an asshole like Axle???
                  "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Angel
                    My thoughts exactly! There's being rock & roll and then there's being a juvenile nuisance.

Comment

• envy_me
                      Swedish Love Pump
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Dec 2010

Wooho, hold it there. There is a whole scale of grey between a fishfarm and a nutcase like Axl Rose. Axl has faaar bigger problems then just being late.

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Wooho, hold it there. There is a whole scale of grey between a fishfarm and a nutcase like Axl Rose. Axl has faaar bigger problems then just being late.
                        One of our biggest bitches about this band is tbe way they treat their fans. In my day, Rock and roll didn't mean being late for a gig...it meant the band said fuck the venue managers, we're playing as long as we like.

VH used to piss me off because they would take so long to take the stage after the opening band. If they pulled a 2 hours late I'd be freaking...
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• envy_me
                          Swedish Love Pump
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Dec 2010

One of our biggest bitches about this band is tbe way they treat their fans. In my day, Rock and roll didn't mean being late for a gig...it meant the band said fuck the venue managers, we're playing as long as we like.

VH used to piss me off because they would take so long to take the stage after the opening band. If they pulled a 2 hours late I'd be freaking...

Ok, they don't have to be late, but at least don't start the show at 19.30 like EVERYBODY does nowdays. Start at 22 or so... It's not so rock'n roll to start at 19.30 exactly, be done by 21.30 and you're in bed by 22.30.

Comment

• ashstralia
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Feb 2004

iron maiden know how to look after their fans.

r.i.p. clive

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Ok, they don't have to be late, but at least don't start the show at 19.30 like EVERYBODY does nowdays. Start at 22 or so... It's not so rock'n roll to start at 19.30 exactly, be done by 21.30 and you're in bed by 22.30.
                              That's fine for you youngsters...but us old folks like to be in bed before midnight, lol.

Comment

• envy_me
                                Swedish Love Pump
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Dec 2010

That's fine for you youngsters...but us old folks like to be in bed before midnight, lol.
                                Lol. The problem now is I think that concerts have become the new company picnic. And also events that friends go to see together but don't really care about. That way you can't start at 22 cause people have families at home and work to go to the next day. I am convinced that the average person at a concert couldn't care less if it's Dave or Hagar that's singing. As long as the show is in the second week of may when the company has planned the party, who cares who plays. But it's good if it's a legendary band like Rolling Stones or Bruce Springsteen.

Comment

Working...