X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by fraroc
    Sadly no, that aint' me. But I can still stand my ground even though I would never beat the shit out of someone (I have the strength but not the killer instinct). And let me tell you something, I know enough about those Jersey Shore "swag" obsessed cockholes to confirm that they are nothing more than pretentious pussies that act like they're cooler than everyone because they are incredibly insecure about themselves.
    Bingo. Why couldn't Sandy have wiped them out instead of my folks shore house?

Comment

• Angel
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
      God, imagine going to a concert back when people cared.

How many people do I know who saw Bruce with the company. "Give us 17 tickets, everybody is going". How many of those people care about the artist??? Most often they say that they are going cause it's good to be able to say that you have seen a legendary band and to meet up with friends. Maybe 3% of the people at a concert are passionate.
      It has to do with rock being householderized (I made up that word). Back when it was dirty and tabu (like when they put warning lables on the records) who would have gone to see a show like that with their co-workers? Nobody.
      I don't have to imagine...I remember it well.
      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• fraroc
        Commando
        • Jun 2012

But on a more positive note, for both the VH and the Crue/KISS show there were an ABUNDANCE of young children who were dancing and knew all the lyrics to all of the songs (in a sense, a little kid singing "Lick It Up" was kind of disturbing, but not as disturbing as a little kid singing about popping mollys, fucking bitches up and smoking weed)
        How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Northern Girl
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I barely remember the 80's.

I have a vague memory of this guy flying over me on a surf board, but I may have been hallucinating.
          Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• envy_me
            Swedish Love Pump
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Dec 2010

That's another thing I love about Yngwies shows. People who are there are there cause they adore him. No companies or other losers. They will crush you for the chance to get in the front row that's how passionate they are. No matter if you're man or woman, they will crush you (that's feminism, lol).

Also he is late, REALLY late but you never got the feeling that he was screwing you over. Cause when he came out he was there and present to 110%. David Coverdale showed up at 19.30 sharp, and did it correctly, but mentally he was somewhere else. He was never there. Yngwie is just as passionate as his audience. I felt more cheated by Coverdale who was on time cause you saw that he was there cause he had to be and couldn't wait to go off the stage.
            The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Ywng is playing around the corner from where I work in a few weeks. If I can drum up the extra scratch, I might try to check that out.

Comment

• envy_me
                Swedish Love Pump
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                Ywng is playing around the corner from where I work in a few weeks. If I can drum up the extra scratch, I might try to check that out.
                Not with that attitude, lol You have to ask yourself if you are willing to crush men, women and children in your way to get to the front row, if answer is yes, then you should go.

I haven't seen Yngwie for a while, I hope he hasn't been domesticised and draws audience of suits and indifferent people.
                The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Irving Plaza is a bit grimy. Doubt there would be many suits. I've come to enjoy club shows much more while not being squooshed up against the stage. Any spot's a good spot in club.

Comment

• fraroc
                    Commando
                    • Jun 2012

just thought I'd share this.
                    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

More like Dave not knowing where he is...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                        Do you know when they shit too, bub?
                        Actually yes.

They will often shit shortly afterwards as cigarettes act as a laxative because the nicotine stimulates the bowl and tobacco is a diuretic. This effect is especially great in people who only smoke a couple a day.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

I thought you said herbs have no useful effects...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            I thought you said herbs have no useful effects...
                            Nope.

I think I'm the guy that posts again and again that aspirin is made from tree bark and that we have a name for an alternative or natural medicine that has been proved to work - medicine.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Chewing on the tree bark works just as well, possibly better for toothaches...

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                we have a name for an alternative or natural medicine that has been proved to work - medicine.
                                Proved by who, Big Pharma ??

No thank you...

The FDA ??

No thank you...

I can show you, and have shown you countless examples where the tests and studies for all sorts of medication have been false, construed, omitted, manipulated, etc.

It's a scam...

Why don't they do some honest testing for once and put their bullshit up against real vitamins, minerals, diet and and exercise instead of placebo ??

Because they wouldn't have nobody to treat because all of the chronic illness would respond to the "alternative therapy."

Modern western pharmacology and medicine is based on "Disease Management and Symptom Treatment."

Nothing about the underlying cause of disease or chronic illness...

And I don't need any government "proof" to tell me what's good...

I know how to figure it out myself and I've spent some money learning how to do so...

Fuck Big Pharma...

Last edited by ELVIS; 04-05-2013, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Working...