X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
    Dave makes a fool of himself and destroys what's left of his legacy yet again.

And wears that ridiculously tacky suit and cap? For fuck sake but what's wrong with him?
    What's wrong with him..? Age...

Dave's 1 summer away from turning 60... What the hell do you expect a guy that age to find in his closet to go perform an almost 50 year old hit that Dave covered almost 30 years ago with a band that are all pushing into their 70's...

Luckily they didn't need one of those fake smoke machines on stage... there were so many old fucks on that stage fartin dust... the machine wasn't needed!!!

Welcome to 2014... time to renew your AARP membership...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      What's wrong with him..? Age...

Dave's 1 summer away from turning 60... What the hell do you expect a guy that age to find in his closet to go perform an almost 50 year old hit that Dave covered almost 30 years ago with a band that are all pushing into their 70's...

This.

Yes, there are some things about the DLR of the past 3 or 4 years that really aggravate me, most notably his insistence to yelp at those higher octaves... It could very well be he simply can't sustain his normal vocal range at his age now, and it may be that the yelping is the only way that he (they) can continue to haul out the VH machine on tour and collect the $$$$....

But his hair? I think his hairstyle looks perfectly fine for a nearly 60 year old man. Could he grow it a little longer, like Paul Stanley does when he's not wearing his wig? I suppose so. But I'm not losing sleep over his hair....

Nor do I honestly give a rat's ass about his wardrobe.....

Look, we all would like to go back in time machine and relive our youth, and that youth includes a Van Halen as the biggest band in the world....

But let's face facts, age and time takes its toll... I choose to simply acknowledge it and enjoy the music while they're still around....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• fraroc
        Commando
        • Jun 2012

I think that Baby's On Fire, Bleater and the rest of the fucking Sammy Hagar fans can all go fuck themselves.
        How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Angel
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
          Dave makes a fool of himself and destroys what's left of his legacy yet again.

And wears that ridiculously tacky suit and cap? For fuck sake but what's wrong with him?

Instead of wasting money on The Roth Show he could have gotten a stellar hair transplant 20 years ago and looked cool.

Dave needs to retire to the tropics and never be heard from again. For his sake. He's an embarrassment to himself.

You're an embarrassment to my country. Post some pics of yourself 30 years ago compared to now. I bet you haven't aged nearly as well. Fucking cunt...thought you were long gone....
          Last edited by Angel; 02-22-2014, 12:02 PM.
          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• BITEYOASS
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Don't care how he sings or what he looks like. As long as Dave acts like Dave, I don't care. Besides, he seems to have taken good care of himself despite the years of JD and a few years of nose candy usage.

Comment

• Zing!
              Veteran
              • Oct 2011

Loved this episode of The Roth Show. Hated this version of Cali Girls. Dave's voice is gone for good I guess. I'd be happy with him doing a Broadway show with a John 5 soundtrack. No more live shows, please.
              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Zing!
                Loved this episode of The Roth Show. Hated this version of Cali Girls. Dave's voice is gone for good I guess. I'd be happy with him doing a Broadway show with a John 5 soundtrack. No more live shows, please.
                Sadly, I'm in full agreement with this. The over compensation factor is off the charts at this point. He actually does a bit of the switch up that was so disliked in DTNA. I just don't get it. Dave, stick with the baritone gott dammit! The intermittent yelps are not lending to the songs either.

Comment

• fraroc
                  Commando
                  • Jun 2012

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                  Sadly, I'm in full agreement with this. The over compensation factor is off the charts at this point. He actually does a bit of the switch up that was so disliked in DTNA. I just don't get it. Dave, stick with the baritone gott dammit! The intermittent yelps are not lending to the songs either.
                  Yeah? Well you're shit like Krusty now.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

But his hair? I think his hairstyle looks perfectly fine for a nearly 60 year old man.
                    Nor do I honestly give a rat's ass about his wardrobe.....
                    He has more hair than most of the older fellas I know. I don't know if it's hereditary but it seems like alot of Jewish men suffer from male pattern baldness. As far as his wardrobe goes he's up there to entertain people and he's expected to wear funny clothes. That's part of his shtick. If Dave doesn't look, sing and act like Dave he'd probably end up like Ricky Nelson at the Garden Party.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

I would LOVE to see Dave do a Broadway show!!!!
                      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Satan
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        He has more hair than most of the older fellas I know. I don't know if it's hereditary but it seems like alot of Jewish men suffer from male pattern baldness.
                        Well, allegedly the baldness gene is inherited from the mother's side, just like Judaism is. Though I question the baldness part, since I have known several bald mortals who also had bald fathers.

As far as his wardrobe goes he's up there to entertain people and he's expected to wear funny clothes. That's part of his shtick. If Dave doesn't look, sing and act like Dave he'd probably end up like Ricky Nelson at the Garden Party.
                        I think you took the exact opposite message from that song that Ricky Nelson intended.
                        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Satan
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Wouldn't that actually require him to do MORE singing?

I don't see a lot of Broadway shows, but I'm reasonably certain you can't "forget the fucking words" in the middle of the second act.
                          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

That's one of the numbers from rainbow bar and grill ... I forgot the fucking words .
                            Then enter the tiller girls ....

Actually with Dave that's probably literally
                            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• ThatGuy1
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Jul 2013

DLR is just a fucking nut job. Who can sit through the crap he posts? He loves to hear himself talk doesnt he? Drugs are bad... mmm kay.

If you didnt turn it off at 4:40 then you are gay. WTF was that crap?
                              Last edited by ThatGuy1; 02-22-2014, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• fraroc
                                Commando
                                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by ThatGuy1
                                DLR is just a fucking nut job. Who can sit through the crap he posts? He loves to hear himself talk doesnt he? Drugs are bad... mmm kay.
                                Get the fuck out of here.

Comment

Working...