X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Carmine
    They did one in Toronto on the 07/08 tour too...
    Yup, for Research in Motion, or RIM, the makers of Blackberry....

Betcha they won't be doing that again anytime soon...
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Never was
      Foot Soldier
      • May 2012

Given RIMs management IQ they actually think thats a good way to spend what little cash they have left.

Comment

• TJMKID
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Carmine
        They did one in Toronto on the 07/08 tour too...

So Jeff Spicoli wasn't fucking with us after all --- Van Halen will actually play private gigs (ie, for the right price)?

Makes me wish I was a kid that came outta Bill Gates' dick!

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I would suggest VH will only do private performances... when it can be very, very conveniently scheduled when the band is actively touring and nobody has to go out of their way in the least bit... then for the right price. Not exactly open for hire...
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• TJMKID
            Veteran
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
            I would suggest VH will only do private performances... when it can be very, very conveniently scheduled when the band is actively touring and nobody has to go out of their way in the least bit... then for the right price. Not exactly open for hire...

I wonder if this is how a current conversation would go between EVH and Live Nation --- and if true, the whole music biz needs to be shut down permanently and all we'll need is the memories:

EVH: "Hello, can I speak to someone in the Performance Pre-Approval Dept., please?"

Live Nation: "Sure, please hold."

EVH: "Yeah, yeah, yeah." [lights up an electronic nicotine device]

Live Nation: "Hello, this is Dept. Manager for Performance Pre-Approval -- how can I help you, sir?"

EVH: "This is Eddie Van Halen --- I wanna play a gig at the Whiskey-A-Go-Go club on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood."

Live Nation: "Oh, I see. What is the reason for this performance request, Mr. Van Halen?"

EVH: "Gee, fuck it, man --- I just wanna fuckin' play with my band. I'm a musician, that's all I know how to do."

Live Nation: "Yes, I see. Are you currently on tour with full surety bond and liability insurance coverage, sir?"

EVH: "No, I'm sitting at home on my ass while my colon repairs itself. I'm fucking bored to death and I wanna play, man!"

Live Nation: "Oh, I see. Well I'm afraid we can't approve this performance request, sir. Current laws and regulations require us to issue full surety bonds and proper liability coverage for the performance, sir. How much income would you expect to make from this one performance, sir?"

EVH: "Fuck if I know. Probably charge $50 a head at the door --- maybe 300 fans total at full capacity. I might just do a free gig, man --- I'm a fucking musician!"

Live Nation: "Sorry, sir, we don't operate like that. You are under full contract with Live Nation and we have shareholders to answer to, Mr. Van Halen. This performance would not meet our stringent minimum requirements for a profitable event as outlined in our company mission statement. I'm afraid we'll have to deny your performance request. Have a nice day, sir!"

EVH: "FUCKING PRICKS! You better all be wearing a cup the next time I talk to you assholes. I hate this fucking business!"

Live Nation: [click]

Last edited by TJMKID; 01-04-2013, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• mh5150
              Foot Soldier
              • Mar 2010

Priceless !!!!^^^^^^^

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• Zing!
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

Need to work Kody into the story somehow, then it would be perfect.
                My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• mh5150
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Zing!
                  Need to work Kody into the story somehow, then it would be perfect.
                  Who do you think is going to open the show? Kody doing dog tricks like putting up xmas lights.....

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• Zing!
                    Veteran
                    • Oct 2011

Yeah, I guess that makes about as much sense as Russell and company showing up on the jumbo-tron during Ice Cream Man.

Wait...
                    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

Working...