OH FFS: Van Halen Australian Tour 2013 Looks Likely (With BOTH Singers ?!)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by NIN1211
    gee Dave....what should I do next...can i tend the rabbits?
    Sam is happy as a clam because he's got a midget to ass fuck.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Halen High
      Commando
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Momshell
      Are these rumors rampant everywhere or just here? Just wondering what it's gonna take to get an official response from someone?
      I doubt we will get an official response unless it's really going to happen.

Comment

• fraroc
        Commando
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by mh5150

Twilight is more romantic.
        How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Halen High
          I doubt we will get an official response unless it's really going to happen.
          If (please invisible sky daddy) it IS bullshit, and you were VH, would you even glorify it with a response?
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Halen High
            Commando
            • Jul 2004

Regarding this rumour, I suppose Eddie and Alex do have a history of self-destructive behaviour where this band is concerned but I will be stunned if it is true. It simply doesn't make any sense, to bring a much maligned replacement member back to satisfy what...10-20% (at best) of the fanbase?

Since 2007, Van Halen with their original and most popular frontman have completed two successful tours, released a highly acclaimed album and seem to be a real band again with direction. Throw in Hagar's recent book with all the personal stuff about Eddie, that Hagar will soon be 66-years-old, the fact they will have to share profits with him when they clearly don't need to, the inevitable booing from large sections of the crowd when Hagar takes the stage, and a BOBW style live show where the vibe switches from Runnin With The Devil and She's The Woman to... When It's Love and Dreams...LOL...really?

If for some reason the brothers want to do Van Hagar again, to give it some kind of positive send-off after the 2004 shocker, they should break it off with Dave. I'd rather see that happen and maintain the integrity of Dave-fronted VH, than see a circus act.
            Last edited by Halen High; 01-30-2013, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Halen High
              Commando
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
              If (please invisible sky daddy) it IS bullshit, and you were VH, would you even glorify it with a response?
              No. The brothers didn't even respond to Hagar's book, I suspect to not fall into the trap of giving it more publicity.

If there is anything to this, it could be along the lines of Hagar negotiating to support a VH tour Down Under.

Comment

• VAiN
                Use my hand, I won't look
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by TJMKID
                OH FUCK --- maybe this Haggis reunion might actually be happening?

Listen to what Sobolewski says at 1:22

I'm willing to bet it's a hot sauce infused tequila or something stupid like that. No way Ed tells Wolf to take a seat while they blaze through 'why can't this be cheese' for the fans.
                I'm getting mad just thinking about this bullshit.
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Apr 2005

Saturday at NAMM & WTF is he so happy about?

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  I gotta admit, after seeing this, it concerns me that there might be some validity to it....

Think about it: He said just "Me and Sam".... If they planned to go out on the road with Mona and the other dude, that's not something MA that would have to keep a secret.....

But I also agree with what Lounge said... For a lot of general rock music fans, having both singers might be appealing to those who want to hear all of those fucking ballads....

Not me, baby.....
                  My eyes were widened entirely by accident....

Was at NAMM last week. An hour before leaving floor Sat. had to piss. Lines in all bathrooms on ground floor as near closing. Hit escalator towards farthest corner. There's a line of people and I b-line through towards back and it happens to be the Peavy exhibit, lost compared to other years. As I'm heading to back I look right and see Mike and Kevin Dugan at an auto table. Nothing but jaw dropped WTF look on my face as the two are jumping, grinning, lotto winning laughs and flat out uncontainable giddiness. This from a guy who for years has been subdued and force smiling anywhere....

It almost made me uncomfortable feeling how the hell is he so pumped. Really did not give it another thought until hearing chatter last couple days. Came on here and started reading this and now gut says I'm a lucky MoFo, being able to say was at last L.A. Shows of CVH in '84 and hoping to be wrong, front row June 9, 2012-God I hope this is just jumping to conclusion, if CVH now includes "RINGS" may not make it!

Have not read rest of this thread, kinda don't want to need to sleep tonight. Last night I read an article that if true cements this combo tour. It basically said Wolf told Ed/Dad he's done with VH and wants to do Tremonti and other projects, build his own creative music path....trying to locate link, recall pub. date was late 2012 not this month.

Guess that would be big news for Feb. Perverted as exactly a year ago we had biggest, best news in decades, ADKOT and best EVH anyone's ever seen. All I can say is we got what we wanted and if this is part of the evolution hearing Mike for an hour in a deep cut set might be tolerable and I don't have to watch the Red Abduction set. It really shocks, Never for a minute would this seem remotely feasible. It turns my stomach as Sam honestly isn't deserving of any resucetation after his book and antics. I've wondered all year how he's been so quiet of the disc and tour.....Azzoff plan all along?

65% to 35% is average CVH preference while unfortunately half the Tweens of today don't know there are two versions, promotors wet dream. Tour ads with Best of Both songs may make this a reality money punch. Damn Rolling Stone for even suggesting this tour idea as a Tour that should happen.....

If I'm stating anything already covered its been six months so haven't been through board. All the while been looking forward to big Feb news as release of ADKOT part 2......

Being a CVH lifer, one things for sure-what haven't we been through as fans? ArgoRock.

On positive note, our 19 year old went into Army week ago Monday on MLK Day. Now in Georgia bootcamp. Our 15 year old C.A.P. Sergent now guided by U.S.A.F. Lt. Colonel through his H.S. counselor pulling straight A's and fast track towards Colorado Academy.

Digression intested to wash out all poodle prancing visions...mayday mayday mayday.....
                  Last edited by VAN HLN CA; 01-31-2013, 06:06 AM. Reason: Duped quote

Comment

• ashstralia
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Feb 2004

come on, this is getting ridiculous?

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Bets on that Mikey was laughing and happy about something entirely unrelated to any sort of rumour like this.......

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                        Bets on that Mikey was laughing and happy about something entirely unrelated to any sort of rumour like this.......
                        Half price appys at Applebees???

Originally posted by Kristy
                        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                        Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• envy_me
                          Swedish Love Pump
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                          Half price appys at Applebees???

Applebees is a bit sensitive subject on this site
                          The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                            .....but 78-84....the dude held down the bottom, had personality on stage, and definitely contributed to the band's signature sound with his vocals.
                            You mean 74 to 84. I still listen to the Gazarri's 74 show quite often, which happens to be a bass heavy mix, and I marvel at how amazing his playing is on it. The high backing vocals were in full swing out of the gate. He was an extremely important part of the band and anybody who down plays him is simply being ignorant.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

That show had to be shortly after he departed Snake, where he was doing bass and lead vocals. On "If You Can't Rock Me" and "Might Just Take Your Life" he is practically taking over in parts. And let's not forget, he worked their overhead lights with foot pedals during the songs! I'd say he earned his role in that band fair and square.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

What's with all the quitters and you ain't gonna see my dime no more business?

Pussies...
                                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...