OH FFS: Van Halen Australian Tour 2013 Looks Likely (With BOTH Singers ?!)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by fourthcoming
    And worked the flash pots too!
    Rocks first multi tasker!

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      What's with all the quitters and you ain't gonna see my dime no more business?

Pussies...
      Kinda questioned that myself, as anyone expecting integrity from Van Halen after all of these years has to be borderline (if not completely) masochistic in nature.

I mean come on folks, really?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'm a bit surprised by that talk as well. While I have no interest in seeing Hagar, I most certainly would still bring my 9 year old girl to whatever VH circus blows through town next time, if there is a next time in these parts. If Dave weren't involved at all, that's another story. If for whatever reason, all of these aging rockers hug it out and decide to put on a dual genre show, I'd still check it out. It's something to do. Fuck it.

I still think a hatchet burying with Mike would help the likelihood of ever seeing classic shows and unreleased tunes get an official release.

Stop giving these bastards my money? Chances are slim to none and slim just left town.

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

If these 3 examples didn't tighten up the purse strings, make everyone swear off this band forever, and essentially disband this glorious website, nothing will.
          I was thinkin just the opposite... consider a venue with a huge contingent of CVH fans sporting Roth Army shirts having the time of their life while the Toastmaster General™ works the stage. They switch over to Hagar and the audience goes Pants Off™ and moons the stage!! Then heads to the beer windows...

Opportunities like this are rare... why tuck tail and bail?
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
            a dual genre show...
            Possibly the best summation/commentary ever offered at this or any VH related site, regarding the vast differences between real VH and...uh, the Samsonite era.

Well done, sir.

Last edited by chefcraig; 01-31-2013, 10:53 AM. Reason: can't spell fer shit...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Pussies...
              I don't see why that is such an outlandish statement to make Zah....

I won't speak for anyone else, but I can tell you that the very SECOND that I see Bette's fat ass and start hearing the first notes of "When It's Love" or any other Van Velveeta sappy ballad, it's going to immediately get me in a fucking bad mood, regardless of how good their set with Dave (and possibly Mike) would be....

Now I'll say this - If I were drunk, it would be a better time, no doubt.... Me and Poj were fucking hammered at the Dave/Bette '02 tour, so there's that.....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

VA your sentiment is shared by many... especially the nausea that immediately sets in when Spammy opens his trap. Buzz kill is imminent...

I just don't figure quitting the game when the circus considers adding another freak-show act is warranted yet. VH has been nothing but amazing surprises of the good kind for the last year. Who knows where this could go...

I noticed the VH official site VHBlast is carrying this story in their news feed... Not that it means much but the camp is aware of what's floating around out there in the press and fan sites...
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

If these 3 examples didn't tighten up the purse strings, make everyone swear off this band forever, and essentially disband this glorious website, nothing will.
                  My point was more toward the angle that even after all of these years of visceral fan-abuse, people still hang on to this band. And I really don't see this potential slap in the face to be reason to abandon ship. Come on, think about it: If any of us had more than half an ounce of common sense, we would have hit the road years ago.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
                    My point was more toward the angle that even after all of these years of visceral fan-abuse, people still hang on to this band. And I really don't see this potential slap in the face to be reason to abandon ship. Come on, think about it: If any of us had more than half an ounce of common sense, we would have hit the road years ago.
                    But this stinks of nothing but $$$$.....

FFS, they just put out an album with Dave that was arguably the best rock album in the last 10 years, and now they may be considering going back out on the road and include Bette?

That's fucking nuts to me, but whatever....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Never was
                      Foot Soldier
                      • May 2012

Pleasing fans isn't a common motivation for VH, and nor is any great love for their singers, so that leaves economics as motive.

Economically it makes no sense to have em both for a one off Aussie tour. If its money motivation to do a US tour well then that will likely mean admitting their done and ring the register. If that's the case why not stay at home and just empty their vaults for DVD and unrealesed tracks with little work.

Just do not see this happening unless they are ditching Dave outright and considering the fairly positive response to ADKOT after getting reamed for 15 years with bad response I'd be surprised.

Comment

• Never was
                        Foot Soldier
                        • May 2012

There is no indication from the actual band they are considering this.

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          That's fucking nuts to me, but whatever....
                          Thank you for agreeing with the initial thrust of what I was saying.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I noticed the VH official site VHBlast is carrying this story in their news feed... Not that it means much but the camp is aware of what's floating around out there in the press and fan sites...
                            Interesting. Didn't Dave defuse the Superbowl rumor right quick upon the traction that it took? If he stays silent through all of this, I'd say something's brewing.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Folks are always saying that tours are cash grabs. No. Tours are insanely expensive to produce. The vaults of stuff Ed has locked up is where the cash cow is. Costs nothing to press a CD. For decades, Ed could have drained the vaults for serious mula. He hasn't. Who really knows what anyone's motives are?

Comment

• Never was
                                Foot Soldier
                                • May 2012

Giving the history of accuracy of Aussie reporting on VH it probably is a good bet to be nothing more than speculation or his source in Andrew who was also at NAMM and has a direct line to Hagars crotch. The Anthony quote is pretty standard industry speak for don't have jack yet. Until indications that Wolf is taking a full time gig or Dave has left there just is NO indication it is being considered. They have done a lot to rip em for but ripping em for this is wrong. Rip the reporter.

Comment

Working...