X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJMKID
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    Definitely an "I'm trying to keep everybody happy" vibe. He always dresses cool offstage, but lately there's a little carnival barker vibe going on with the stage outfits I don't dig. But I'm not a 40-something MILF going to VH shows either, so who cares what I like... Personally though, if I was gonna raid his wardrobe for stage clothes, I'd want shit like he wore in '07-'08.

I wonder how people in Japan & Oz would react if they saw these two freaks come out onstage together this year?

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

ZZ speaks the truth!! I don't want to see dog videos at a VH show!! Bring back the Singapore Dicksling!!
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
        I wonder how people in Japan & Oz would react if they saw these two freaks come out onstage together this year?

If I had that gold suit I'd wear it everywhere. Especially to Walmart!
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• TJMKID
          Veteran
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
          It's not the attitude... It's the damn dogs... See there wasn't any Russell The Diamond Dog™ chasing sheep nor any Kody the Facebook celebrity spokes-dog in the picture previously. Maybe an old hound dog or two... but just common household pets. But now... our rock-n-roll legends have turned into those creepy middle-aged weirdos that treat their dogs like they are their own children. You know the types... you see them taking Fluffy to PetCo to shop every Saturday afternoon... they refer to themselves as "Mommy" and "Daddy" when relating to themselves or spouses in baby-talk tones to their little 4-legged crappers... They frequent pet psychologists and drop their varmints off at day care centers rather than just locking them in the back yard.

The dog stuff is getting a little weird.

Dave found a cool hobby and I'm happy for him. But somehow I think he regrets never having kids and Rusty the Dog is a nice substitute for that fatherly affection that every middle age guy misses once the kiddies get older and move out of the house.

Same thing with Ed --- Wolfie is all growed up and so he needs a little mutt yapping around the house to make him feel like a Daddy again.

I've seen this phenomenon happen with lots of people I know so it's a basic human need at some level --- doesnt mean the fans want to partake in it.

Comment

• Zing!
            Veteran
            • Oct 2011

I'm not a mid-40's MILF that goes to a VH show --- but I have a gut feeling that ladies want to see a bare-chested Dave just throwing all the passion into the singing --- not shimmying across a taped dance mat in a blue lame shirt and barking into a headset.

Keep it simple and sexy for the femmes, Mr. Roth!

I would agree with this. No shame in the less-is-more approach at his age. Focus on making the vocals be as good as they can possibly be, and shaking his ass for the ladies.
            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Dave found a cool hobby and I'm happy for him. But somehow I think he regrets never having kids and Rusty the Dog is a nice substitute for that fatherly affection that every middle age guy misses once the kiddies get older and move out of the house.
              I think his only regrets are not using a condom all of the time. I'd be willing to wager that he's fathered a kid, two or three over the years.

Comment

• Zing!
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Momshell

This is one of my fave pix from the '07 tour...shirtless with attitude!
                He seemed to lose the mic stand as well in 2012. Always wondered why, as the 07-08 tour it was a big part of his stage presence. It would seem like a pretty basic prop to lean on rather than sticking the mic in his pants. I'd prefer seeing him wail into a mic on a stand the entire show like in the pic above than doing the backwards truck shuffle on the wood floor like he does in the STW vid

Hey, DDE reps - you getting all this?
                My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

The dog stuff is getting a little weird. Dave found a cool hobby and I'm happy for him.
                  This Phil Collen (Def Leppard) quote from the first Zloz VH book has me thinking Dave's had this dog hobby for quite some time now.

"One time I overheard Dave seriously talinkg to my mum about dogs and all things domestic. Seemed weird, considering Alex was having a drink off with one of our guys at the same time."

Comment

• So this is love
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2012

Hilarious! lol
                    Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• TJMKID
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                      This Phil Collen (Def Leppard) quote from the first Zloz VH book has me thinking Dave's had this dog hobby for quite some time now.

"One time I overheard Dave seriously talinkg to my mum about dogs and all things domestic. Seemed weird, considering Alex was having a drink off with one of our guys at the same time."

I've always been leery about celebrities foisting their hobbies and causes on the fans --- just rubs me the wrong way.

I remember seeing Jim Carrey on Larry King and other talk shows bloviating about the dangers of vaccines just because he was porking Jenny McCarthy every night. They broke up, and now he seems mysteriously silent about the supposed evils of vaccines. Makes him look stupid and fake. Why couldnt he just fuck that skank silly and support her autistic kid but do it in private?

Dave has every right to run his cattle dogs until their legs fall off --- just be careful about shoving it down our throats because maybe we don't dig that stuff like he does.

Comment

• So this is love
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DLR Bridge

Intersting DLR Bridge..... can you paste the whole paragraph to grab the context to this story...tks
                        Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by So this is love
                          Intersting DLR Bridge..... can you paste the whole paragraph to grab the context to this story...tks
                          That was the whole quote! So short, I typed it me self with the book on my lap.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I don't think he's shoved it down our throats. The brevity of the subject during the intro to ICM was just right. I dug it, and I especially loved the Vimeo he released about it all.

Comment

• Headly1984
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jul 2011

I bought my 1st house in 00' - got a Samoyed in 03' - hadn't had a dog since I was 15

I found hiking with my boy on the weekends, either with or w/o the g/f, was 2nd to sex for fun & relaxation - shoot I like hiking with my dog better than riding either of my motorcycles, the fast one or the HD or using the kayak

I also live ~1 hr from the Adirondacks & like to take him there, well did b4 he had a leg problem - he even had his own back pack, ruff-wear brand if anyone is interested. I did the research Ruff-Wear is the #1 pack for dogs

off leash hiking requires more attention to the animal and more training to get him to obey your commands - I was lucky when he chased a coyote, and it stopped and turned at him - I was running after the 2 of em and yelling and flapping my arms trying to scare the yote'- I scared my dog enough to stop the chase - lol!

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

The opening of the 3/1 MSG show was one of the true highlights of last year --- when EVH launches the intro for "Unchained" that whole place was jizzin'

You fucking got that right. That first song was about as epic Van Halen as you will ever see.....old or new. Period.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...