Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

I just wonder how much of it they actually kept, video wise.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      I think the double-CD set How The West Was Won was better IMHO.
      That is one amazing listen. Beautifully recorded, cleaned up, etc...

Comment

• Zing!
        Veteran
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
        I think the double-CD set How The West Was Won was better IMHO. The linear notes clearly state that Page found these live recordings he had no idea, or had forgotten, existed for the album while looking for video footage. I wonder how much Ed remembers and from when?
        Yes - that is a great Zep release as well! That's what I'm hoping for with VH. A proper release of a live album that has been found in some long forgotten trunk in a bomb shelter beneath 5150 (not a pseudo "live" album with Haggar butchering a handful of CVH tunes.) After seeing pics of Ed's storage in one interview or another last year, I'm thinking there's plenty EVH has forgotten even exists. I guess that's Wolfie's job. Just wish he would be done with the Tremonti thing and get back to work!
        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• big fatty
          Head Fluffer
          • Jul 2004

March, 26, 2013.

BFD, L.O.L.
          Last edited by big fatty; 02-06-2013, 12:40 AM.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            That's a bunch of bullshit...
            I'm not saying whether or not it was Eddie or Mikey on the finished album. But 1984 was the first album recorded at 5150 studios, at Eddie's house, and it's very likely that he might have overdubbed himself on some stuff on sessions for that record, even if not on the finished product.

As far as who played bass on the 1984 album... well there must be some reason they took Sobolewski's name out of the writing credits.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• thismusicsux
              Full On Cocktard
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
              i was told mike anthony pissed ed off during the death of ed's mom
              yea this is what I've heard too. Something about MA not going to the funeral. If true, it's understandable how EVH could be so pissed.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Not really.

I don't go to funerals.

I want to remember people as they were when they were alive.

For Ed to be so angry about someone not attending his mother's funeral is childish.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I think that whole rumor about the Mom VH snub is nothing more than that. I know it started out that Mike didn't call the brothers to express his condolences. Unless Ed or Al actual said this happened, it's probably bull shit. I mean, really, how else can anyone prove whether or not Mike called or sent a sympathy card? That rumor has to be crap.
                  Last edited by DLR Bridge; 02-06-2013, 07:36 AM. Reason: Didn't not did. Whoops.

Comment

• Zing!
                    Veteran
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                    I think that whole rumor about the Mom VH snub is nothing more than that. I know it started out that Mike didn't call the brothers to express his condolences. Unless Ed or Al actual said this happened, it's probably bull shit. I mean, really, how else can anyone prove whether or not Mike called or sent a sympathy card? That rumor has to be crap.
                    Agree. This is an urban =VH= legend that pops up here from time to time - we've debated this more than once in other threads in the past - and the general consensus seems to be that it's simply rumor/myth. Is it possible? Sure - just as possible as DLR banging Ed's wife. Would Ed be more upset about a slight over his mother than a bandmate having an affair with his dearly beloved? Entirely possible as well. Ed's a strange duck.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Softcock believes it...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by big fatty
                        That's interesting, I'll ask Jeff about that one....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Coyote
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by big fatty
                          Nicely packaged...
                          Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Zing!
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

I would be much more compelled to buy this if it had a bonus track or two, or studio outtakes or in depth liner notes like The Doors did a few years back. Hell, even ONE extra track would be nice. As it is, I already own several different versions of all those albums.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Zing!
                              I would be much more compelled to buy this if it had a bonus track or two...
                              Same here. But nnoooooooo (all sarcastic like). These guys don't play that game. Dang it all.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

I would agree.

I emailed Jeff, but if all this turns out to be is simply a remastering of the remasters, and nothing else, there's absolutely no use for me to spend the money....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...