X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
    ....and at some points he's even mimicing things from the original recording.
    I noticed that during the sideways Unchained. Fewer "unchain me babe"s than in the Japan shows.

One little DLR nitpick. He breaks in to this comical, almost faux Elvis-type bellow here and there that sounds a little bit odd. Noticed it in YRGM, but he usually does it in Pretty Woman.

Being that they're on fire and only have one more show lined up, I hope they go straight into the studio after the CA show.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by katina
      Hot For Teacher

Dave sounds strong on this one...
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Great shows past wkend, except for the travel, we had a good time. Thanks for those who enjoyed. w/Dave backstage. pic.twitter.com/JWfV9szdjs— STEPHEN PEARCY (@StephenEPearcy) July 22, 2013
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Ed VH backstage yesterday, the band kicked ass! The mighty EVH looked and sounded great. pic.twitter.com/1ndLYjBCYm— STEPHEN PEARCY (@StephenEPearcy) July 22, 2013
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Zing!
            Veteran
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
            From the clips that I've seen it looks like Dave is behaving himself vocally. He's sticking to the lower register and seems to be mindful of keeping things in key....and at some points he's even mimicing things from the original recording.

I love Dave's improvisation, but at this stage of the game there's no shame in playing it safe more often than not.
            Yeah it's nice to see DLR giving a bit more effort and singing like he's capable. Still not 07/08, but much improved from last year. Now is the time to hit the studio - unless they want to add a few more random dates here and there...
            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              Great shows past wkend, except for the travel, we had a good time. Thanks for those who enjoyed. w/Dave backstage. pic.twitter.com/JWfV9szdjs— STEPHEN PEARCY (@StephenEPearcy) July 22, 2013
              jeez...Dave survived pretty well compared to some of the hair-day-heroes...
              Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Sounds like a great show..glad VH was smokin..and not surprised Jackyl kicked ass..Take that haters!!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2005

I always enjoyed Jackyl live. Fun band. Good too see Van Han delivered a good show again. They need to add some more dates this year. I just don't see why they would stop at this point. Even if it is just a few a shows a month. But record some music in between please !

Comment

• Southpaw
                    Roadie
                    • Jan 2009

nice pic with Pearcy... complete with wardrobe options

Comment

• qikgts
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2012

Lovin' the clips! They sounded great! Hope some more dates get announced!

I almost didn't listen to DTNA because I figured it was gonna be the usual Dave on VHII hate crime... However, this time it sounded like Wolf with his balls in a vise. Dave was really pretty good on most of it!
                      You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by High Life Man
                        Jackyl stole the show on Saturday. Jesse James is a great frontman and kept the energy going the entire hour+ they played. Jackyl has come a long way since I first saw them nearly 15 years ago. And they stayed and signed autographs and shook hands for a couple hours after the show - the line was very long. Sounded great, classy guys.
                        I was working in Erie, PA last week, and it was Bike Week. I ran into Jesse at the hotel. Talked to him for a few minutes. Very nice dude. We talked about them opening for Nugent at the Whiplash Bash years ago. He goes "You were at that show? Fuck, that was 20 years ago. Where does the time go?". He didn't seem in a hurry to brush me off. Asked me my name and where I was from. Bullshitted about a few other things, and then I left.

Glad everyone had great time at the VH show. Haven't had a chance to listen to any clips yet, but the reviews seem to be favorable.

Manbone, those not touched by this band like we are, would never understand your reaction. I get it. Too cool man.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                          I was working in Erie, PA last week, and it was Bike Week. I ran into Jesse at the hotel. Talked to him for a few minutes. Very nice dude. We talked about them opening for Nugent at the Whiplash Bash years ago. He goes "You were at that show? Fuck, that was 20 years ago. Where does the time go?". He didn't seem in a hurry to brush me off. Asked me my name and where I was from. Bullshitted about a few other things, and then I left.
                          Did you tell him you had a pal named blueeyedmurder that wanted to blow him?

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                            Did you tell him you had a pal named blueeyedmurder that wanted to blow him?
                            No. I didn't know I had a pal named blueeyedmurder that wants to blow him, or I would have told him!

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Found Unchained.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                                Found Unchained.
                                yeah...great camera...
                                Roth Army Icon

Comment

Working...