X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    The description from Youtube says it's from the International Ampitheater in Chicago, Jul. 20/21, 1981....
    Yeah, that's what it is.

Got that footage as part of a trade back in the late 1990s.

There is footage out there (along with audio) of virtually an entire 1981 show shot on videotape from what appears to be the mixing board perhaps twenty rows from the stage in the center of the arena in terms of vantage point: it's just the one camera angle and the band is somewhat distant...certainly more distant than the Chicago 8mm footage, but it's an entire show and the camera itself was obviously on a tripod, because the shot is steady throughout. Also, the entire stage set from stage left to stage right is included. It's the 1981 Memphis show, if memory serves me correctly.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Terry
      Yeah, that's what it is.

Got that footage as part of a trade back in the late 1990s.

There is footage out there (along with audio) of virtually an entire 1981 show shot on videotape from what appears to be the mixing board perhaps twenty rows from the stage in the center of the arena in terms of vantage point: it's just the one camera angle and the band is somewhat distant...certainly more distant than the Chicago 8mm footage, but it's an entire show and the camera itself was obviously on a tripod, because the shot is steady throughout. Also, the entire stage set from stage left to stage right is included. It's the 1981 Memphis show, if memory serves me correctly.
      Yeah, I have 5 of the Memphis videos on my Youtube playlists, haven't looked for others in a while....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Dimebag66
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Mar 2013

Thats what I'm saying!!!!!

Comment

• thismusicsux
          Full On Cocktard
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
          I get so anoyed with this band when I see this stuff. They have live stuff up the ass I would think in storage. I guess Ed is waiting for us all to be in our 70's when he realises that his fans have been wanting it forever. I don't get it. All the other older big bands drop something once or twice a year at this point.
          yup.. think we're all beyond annoyed we never got a proper Classic VH concert/DVD. such a shame. This Chicago footage is pretty great. I have the Memphis 81 show. Great to see basically the full 1981 show (although pretty bad quality)

Comment

Working...