Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zing!
    Veteran
    • Oct 2011

It's damn fine to see Dave being Diamond Dave on a regular basis. I appreciate the sacrifice he made to stay muzzled in order to get the two tours and album done even more now.
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Dave looks like an idiot in that clip, and his voice sounds like shit...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I hate all of these shows with their background settings of some jaggoffs staring at their laptops with purpose. Get these A-holes out of the picture.

Only half way through this. Dave sort of non-sequitured his ass out of the new music question. Dammit Dave, just say we got 14 more tunes headin' their way into your car stereos by summertime!

Comment

• Zing!
          Veteran
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
          I hate all of these shows with their background settings of some jaggoffs staring at their laptops with purpose. Get these A-holes out of the picture.
          Thought the same thing with the douche asking about the CFTH movie (did the host say he was a music critic?) Have you WATCHED The Roth Show? Dave pretty much devoted an entire episode to this. Do your fucking homework before asking such an idiotic question.
          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Zing!
            Have you WATCHED The Roth Show?
            I made it through about two.5 clips...

So, no...

I for one, have not...

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
              Only half way through this. Dave sort of non-sequitured his ass out of the new music question. Dammit Dave, just say we got 14 more tunes headin' their way into your car stereos by summertime!
              Somewhere after the 4:00 mark Dave used the analogy that you only see a James Bond movie about every 3 years... otherwise you get asked weren't you just here last week.

Bottom line message I got... no new music on the way this year. Most likely no firm plans for anything... but leave them guessing. Standard Van Halen dodge...

If Dave's gonna do so damn many interviews/couch-chats back to back he needs to spread his one-liners better or diversify his wise-cracks. He's still locked into the old assumption that each channel in the media only serves a local market and listening audience. As with terrestrial radio in the 70's/80's he was addressing a new set of ears each time out... No more with the internet... Buying fucking dental floss in Japan being an adventure sounded entertaining the first time a few weeks ago... today for the 10th time wrapped in the same barrage of one-liners referencing so many summers ago it's sounding tired, worn and not so interesting...

Are we too tuned in... or is he too tuned out..?
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Dave is tuned out...

he looks and acts like he's been asleep for 100 years...

He's obviously still oblivious to the instant access the Internet provides...

And the Huck Finn outfit needs to go...

Same for his stage garb and the blue Jap suit...

And the headset mic

And the dance floor

And Jump

And the confetti...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Gee E. What exactly is keeping you here these days?

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Van Halen...

I don't have to like every stupid thing Dave does, or ignore the obvious just to post here, do I ??

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      Somewhere after the 4:00 mark Dave used the analogy that you only see a James Bond movie about every 3 years... otherwise you get asked weren't you just here last week.

Bottom line message I got... no new music on the way this year. Most likely no firm plans for anything... but leave them guessing. Standard Van Halen dodge...
                      Yeah, I got that message, but the Bond effect was nowhere to be found in camp VH between '78 and '84. The faithful were none the happier.

In Sam's shitty book, he takes credit (for pretty much everything he didn't do) for the band spacing their album releases by 3 years. From a fans perspective, that's a colossal error. We're all kids FFS! Who wants to space out their favorite escape?

Oh and we're way too tuned in. No big 'ting.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        Van Halen...

I don't have to like every stupid thing Dave does, or ignore the obvious just to post here, do I ??
                        Of coursnot! Just seemed like you spitting razor blades for a minute.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

I put a biggrin in there...

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Dave is tuned out...

he looks and acts like he's been asleep for 100 years...

He's obviously still oblivious to the instant access the Internet provides...

And the Huck Finn outfit needs to go...

Same for his stage garb and the blue Jap suit...

And the headset mic

And the dance floor

And Jump

And the confetti...

I happen to like Jump and the confetti. But it should be tens of thousands of tiny "VH" logos. Now that would be cool.

Agree with most the rest.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Jump and the confetti were tolerable in 2007, but lame as fuck last go 'round...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

I do...

Some of the smug assholes on this website don't...

The problem is people today have been conditioned to follow group think. Being a team player or bringing everyone down so things are fair are the norm. That was done on purpose to make the American public more controllable. To make them fall in line. Now I see people getting ripped off and putting up with things they shouldn't. They don't negotiate or they don't say NO! They take it up the ass because for whatever reason they are scared of stepping out and bringing attention on themselves.

I can remember when things were just the opposite. People were dynamic and interesting and had passion. Now it's a boring even keel. Is it the Prozac? Are that many people on that shit?

I just talked to someone who spent a year in Ecuador. He said the first thing he noticed coming back to the states is a lot of people are really fat. Second, they are in an unemotional daze. He says it's nice to be able to flush the toilet paper down the toilet but he says in Ecuador people are still human beings and not sheep. He says they don't have all the gizmos and real life dictates what they do. They have to re thatch the roof, or they have to cut the bananas or they have to go weed the garden. They are busy living a real life and nature seems to dictate what they do during the day opposed to some kind of program. They don't have a lot and have to work hard but for the most part, they seem more real and more happy than most Americans today. In the US everything has become a program and you are no longer a human being. You are a human resource. We are becoming like the borg.
                                Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-27-2013, 01:16 PM.
                                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...