X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zing!
    Veteran
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by wolfsbane
    You are all M-Fers. Everyone has a different opinion. Everyone likes different tracks off of different albums. BTW, 40 below is awesome. As well as Drop in the bucket and Its Showtime.

IMO, YFLM is the only weak spot to the entire DLR catalog. Mostly because of the production and the attitude of the performances. The songs are not bad. F that Nile Rodges dude.
    This guys acronyms are the S.H.I.T.
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
      Veteran
      • Jun 2005

You are all M-Fers.
      I stand guilty as charged.
      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
        Veteran
        • Jun 2005

IMO, YFLM is the only weak spot to the entire DLR catalog. Mostly because of the production and the attitude of the performances. The songs are not bad. F that Nile Rodges dude.
        I will say this. If i was putting my own greatest hits together of DLR solo, there would be more on it off of YFLM than Skyscraper.

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

I sound like I could be in the minority here , I like alae.
          Maybe when the mood takes me second only to eas in the solo stuff .
          I think it's less patchy than skyscraper .
          I listened to skyscraper recently in the car in its entirety and alae beats it , its just got better songs.
          This is only my opinion because it didnt do great shakes in sales over here if I remember right .
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

As for Yflm , it's definitely the least of the solo stuff and I remember the uk tour and at the time thinking , the venue was changed at the last minute to a smaller venue and for the first time I was like maybe this is me but Dave ain't in to this ....
            A couple of friends I went with were a bit the same I think Dave knew perhaps his star was on the wane as a solo artist.
            Popularity and sales wise any way .
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
              Veteran
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by vandeleur
              I sound like I could be in the minority here , I like alae.
              Maybe when the mood takes me second only to eas in the solo stuff .
              I think it's less patchy than skyscraper .
              I listened to skyscraper recently in the car in its entirety and alae beats it , its just got better songs.
              This is only my opinion because it didnt do great shakes in sales over here if I remember right .
              Nah, you are in the majority there.

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

You are all M-Fers.
                If you'd kept your mom off the streets none of us would have had a chance at her... just sayin'...
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2005

The best way to solve it is to take 3 blank c.d.s and make a your own best of from all his albums. Worked for me !

Comment

• smorgdonkey
                    Roadie
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                    My issue with Billy is that on one hand is talking about how he struggled all those years and then all of a sudden he is playing packed arenas with Dave and how great it was. Then on the very next album he doesn't agree with the direction, still plays on the record, and then splits? How about some loyalty Billy? So because he didn't agree with the direction he goes and forms Mr. Big to do what? Play sub par hard rock music in the style of the late 80's hair band craze. Wow. You really showed everyone Bill. Mr. Big opened for Rush for a while in 1990. I can't imagine any Rush fans giving 2 shits about them. Then they opened for the Scorpions for a while on triple bills beside the likes of White Lion, Aldo Nova and Great White. Thus, i ask did Billy win or lose?
                    I agree with your thoughts to a T.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Plus, he's only a bass player...

Comment

• thismusicsux
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by FORD
                        Unless Billy sent you the REAL version of that album that he says he has, you're full of shit.

SkyCrapper was easily Dave's weakest solo record. And yes, I mean weaker than YFLM and the "Diamond Dave" covers album.

Too goddamn much cheese. It had only slightly less Velveeta than OUBlowsGoats2 did. And no, I don't buy the "everybody's doing it" excuse. There were albums released in 1988 that weren't buried in synthesizer crap.

Next time somebody interviews Billy Sheehan, they should ask him if he knows what FLAC and Bit Torrent are. He needs to leak that damn tape. I'd really like to hear the GOOD version of this album, if it actually exists, like he says it does.

hahaha... laughing my ass off.

I still like *some of Skyscraper. I do remember thinking it was a bit cheesy and lotsa synth. But I never listened to much after that

Comment

• thismusicsux
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                          The best way to solve it is to take 3 blank c.d.s and make a your own best of from all his albums. Worked for me !
                          ah..ha. now that is a great idea.

Comment

• thismusicsux
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                            Nah. Change was due. Lots of weak bands riding the coat tails of bands that were already riding coat tails. Watered down hair bands had to die when they did.
                            very true. sometimes i hear those 80's bands today and it's pretty disgusting how watered down and bad they got after 1986 or so.

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by thismusicsux
                              very true. sometimes i hear those 80's bands today and it's pretty disgusting how watered down and bad they got after 1986 or so.
                              I hear ya. As much as I loved Cinderella, listening to that stuff today reveals how much they sounded like AC/DC with Zeppelin-like production values. So essentially, I liked what I thought they sounded like, as opposed to the band's own inerrant qualities. And when they ran out of ideas about halfway through their second album, I pretty much gave up and moved on, sending me back to The Replacements and Husker Du.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VHscraps
                                Veteran
                                • Jul 2009

Well, YFLM has a lot of good stuff and some stuff I can take or leave ... but I'd say 'Big Train' kicks more ass than what I think is pretty cliched stuff like 'It's Showtime'. I not that interested in how technically good Becker was as a player, he just never did anything for me. By the time ALAE came out I thought "another gunslinger", cos after a while there's only so much post-Eddie Van Halen guitar playing that you can listen to if the songs aren't there.

There's plenty DLR solo stuff that I'd take over a coupla tracks on ADKOT - namely, 'As Is', 'Chinatown', and 'Honeybabysweetydoll' all of which might be great instrumentals workouts, and Ed kicks ass on them, but they fall short as songs, and for me CVH's big strength (and where they stand the test of time) is that they wrote better songs than all those other bands who followed them.

Wouldn't mind seeing VH play a few DLR tunes onstage, but of course it will never happen.
                                THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

Working...