Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • perrin29
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2012

The funny thing about the internet, it was all about endless amounts of information and now with sites like Facebook and Twitter it's where the uneducated, ignorant, untalented and clueless hang out. Right Now? Is she fuckin serious? Then she posts that Alex and Eddie were awesome..as for Dave, sucks getting old. Fuck her, what has she done?

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Oops..... Dup
      Last edited by vandeleur; 07-25-2013, 08:50 AM.
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

She'd be a Waste of a good kick in the twat

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I have been fortunate enough to witness Dave solo band soundchecks, and VH soundchecks. Dave has NEVER participated.

I got to sit in on a closed 2007 soundcheck. I was 2 feet from Ed when he was getting ready to walk up on stage. He asked who I was with, because it was a closed soundcheck, and they were VERY guarded as to who was in the area. No arena employees were allowed into the arena area. They had to stay in the mezzanine or backstage areas. Wolf sang the whole soundcheck.

The best thing about that event was, this dude from somewhere down south BEGGED me for my pass before the show started, but obviously after the doors had opened. He had driven hours and hours to come up to this show. He was just one of those crazy reckless fans. He had no fear. I on the other hand, have been around enough to know the rules and expectations of being backstage, and having a pass. I was done with it, and had no intentions of hanging around except to watch VH play the show, so I gave it to him and told him if he gets in trouble with it, he didn't get it from me. I thought this fucker was going to bow down before me. He took the pass, went backstage, and somehow happened across Dave. Now, those of you that have been there, and know how Dave really is, know this might not be a great outcome. But this guy was just so crazy, and so excited, that while his encounter with Dave was very brief (imagine that ) it fulfilled his dream, and made his long journey worth it. I am sure he used to post here, or at DDLR. Or maybe at both. I would love for him to show up here and post his experience himself. I bet he can offer a much greater and interesting version than I just did.

I have a friend (some of you have met him) that worked for VH from the beginning. He told me Dave NEVER did soundcheck, even back in the beginning. Val's brother wouldn't just put that out there if it weren't true. Like he said, he's been witnessing it for 33 years. I think this is so interesting that Dave did soundcheck, and I am VERY grateful to Val's brother for the tweet and the picture. Fucking awesome!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
            I got to sit in on a closed 2007 soundcheck. I was 2 feet from Ed when he was getting ready to walk up on stage. He asked who I was with, because it was a closed soundcheck, and they were VERY guarded as to who was in the area. No arena employees were allowed into the arena area. They had to stay in the mezzanine or backstage areas. Wolf sang the whole soundcheck.
            So who did you blow for the pass ??
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              So who did you blow for the pass ??
              Hey, I don't blow and tell!

Comment

• Zing!
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by VAiN

Soundcheck with Dave..
                Total VH nerd nitpick here, but I have to vent this small complaint... I wish Van Halen would take the stage with the clothes they're wearing in sound check (maybe minus D-Ro's shitkicker boots and WVH's shorts and flipflops). At least then there'd be a splash of color on stage! CVH used to be the most colorful, over-the-top band on the planet, but anymore it looks less like rock and roll attitude and more like they're going to a funeral. Compare this pic with the concert one. Other than the red pants Ed wore for a few early shows, the band has been extremely drab. Black pants, black shirts, black shades, black striped guitars, black shoes, black stage, black backdrop, black amps, and probably black EVH striped undies. DLR has a bit more color in his extremely well-worn stage ensemble (he needs to get his wardrobe lady back, pronto!) but even his outfit is pretty subdued to the point where if you're more than 20 feet away it simply looks black - like everything else on stage. Sorry for the fashion rant, but this is simply another way VH shows have gotten stale and formulaic. To me, a Van Halen show is supposed to be a party - a visual spectacle. I get it that DLR and company can't move like they used to (and Wolf doesn't have the stage presence and showmanship of MA), so adding some color and visual style to their look seems like an easy fix. From looking at a lot of classic rock bands still performing today, it appears the boring all-black route is a bland trend that is here to stay.

End rant.
                My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

Guessing we should enjoy these gigs and get any rants out of our system , with nothing booked and a band that has the work rate of ... Of . Fuck it nothing manages to waste time like this lot .
                  We may have fuck all else to to do but rip this place and each other to shit .

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by vandeleur
                    We may have fuck all else to to do but rip this place and each other to shit.
                    I'd say some folks have gotten a head start on that already.

Here's to hoping the wheels don't fall completely off before the next Dave/VH news flash.

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                      I have been fortunate enough to witness Dave solo band soundchecks, and VH soundchecks. Dave has NEVER participated.

The best thing about that event was, this dude from somewhere down south BEGGED me for my pass before the show started, but obviously after the doors had opened. He had driven hours and hours to come up to this show. He was just one of those crazy reckless fans. He had no fear. I on the other hand, have been around enough to know the rules and expectations of being backstage, and having a pass. I was done with it, and had no intentions of hanging around except to watch VH play the show, so I gave it to him and told him if he gets in trouble with it, he didn't get it from me. I thought this fucker was going to bow down before me. He took the pass, went backstage, and somehow happened across Dave. Now, those of you that have been there, and know how Dave really is, know this might not be a great outcome. But this guy was just so crazy, and so excited, that while his encounter with Dave was very brief (imagine that ) it fulfilled his dream, and made his long journey worth it. I am sure he used to post here, or at DDLR. Or maybe at both. I would love for him to show up here and post his experience himself. I bet he can offer a much greater and interesting version than I just did.

I have a friend (some of you have met him) that worked for VH from the beginning. He told me Dave NEVER did soundcheck, even back in the beginning. Val's brother wouldn't just put that out there if it weren't true. Like he said, he's been witnessing it for 33 years. I think this is so interesting that Dave did soundcheck, and I am VERY grateful to Val's brother for the tweet and the picture. Fucking awesome!

Dude, you probably made the highlight of that guys life. I know if I ever had the chance to say 2 words to Dave it would be the highlight of mine. And all my friends would be tired of hearing the same old Sadaist met DLR story every single time I got a beer or three in me and the random guy I begged for the pass that was awesome to let me have it. I'd be singing your praises like you were my guardian angel that showed up to give me that pass.

My 2 words to Dave? Simply..."Thank You"
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Best thing in this thread is that Katina in Argentina was the first to post a concert pic from last night LOL! Girl is 8,000 miles away with 47 rescue cats & dogs crawling on her and she manages to swoop all us fuckers in the same damn state as the show.

Well done Katina. Well done.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                          We may have fuck all else to to do but rip this place and each other to shit .
                          That would NEVER happen!

Who wants to fight?? Hahahaha!!!
                          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2012

They have some momentum going, so I wish they'd either schedule more gigs (complete the 2012 cancelled dates and/or make our friends across the Atlantic happy with gigs over there) or hit the studio. What they can't do is let precious time slip away and twiddle their thumbs for months/years at a time.

Come on guys- keep 'ol mo rolling!

Comment

• perrin29
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2012

I read a couple of comments on the State Fair FB and I just shake my head. "Worst concert ever, had to leave after 20 mins." What kind of asshole leaves a Van Halen show after 20 mins? Then I look at the pics or the things they like and I know where it comes from. Just sad....very sad.

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

It's the same kinda thing that I heard after Waynes World movie came out. Some younger kids (hell I wasn't that old at the time) said "it sucks Queen gets all famous from their song in this movie and then the singer dies".

@_@

Comment

Working...