Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThrillsNSpills
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Thanks for snagging that one for us Lou.

Yes is doing playing 3 of their 70's albums front to back in a summer tour.
    Von's post made me think about if VH would do that with their debut, Women and Children , and Fair Warning. Wouldn't be terrible, would it?

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by loucap81
      I thought I was the only one here who didn't care for any of that "holdover" stuff. Not that I need anyone to validate my opinion, but since a couple of you are talking about it I might as well chime in. I've said many times throughout the years how I just don't care about what DLR does outside of VH, especially if it's non-music related. I haven't paid attention to any of his YouTubes in the past year, but suffice it to say that even at least a couple of DLR die-hards here don't care for what he's been doing lately?

I also think it's ironic that someone who prides himself on being so well read, intelligent and having all these various interests in life, he seems awfully content to just keep doing the hits and staying in his comfort zone onstage instead of going for it with great songs like As Is. I wonder if he had to be strong armed into doing the deep cuts he did perform last year.
      I think Dave just got lazy after 07. I couldn't care less about the Roth Show. I couldn't get past the first 5 minutes of the first one. I did love the interview sit down he did with the brothers. But Dave rambling on is boring for the most part. He has revealed himself a little in some recent interviews that were cool. But Dave needs too do his job he was born for. Kicking ass on a stage with Ed. Nothing else matters too me for the most part. These Japan shows will tell a story. If we get another short set like down under that might not be a good sign.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
        Head Fluffer
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
        I think Dave just got lazy after 07. I couldn't care less about the Roth Show. I couldn't get past the first 5 minutes of the first one. I did love the interview sit down he did with the brothers. But Dave rambling on is boring for the most part. He has revealed himself a little in some recent interviews that were cool. But Dave needs too do his job he was born for. Kicking ass on a stage with Ed. Nothing else matters too me for the most part. These Japan shows will tell a story. If we get another short set like down under that might not be a good sign.
        I'm with you- The Roth Show just doesn't do much for me, but I did enjoy the series of discussions where it was just him, Ed and Al sitting on stools talking. I'm wondering if it's even physically possible for Dave to get his voice back to 07-08 form. If they aren't going to tour, get back in the studio and give us a new album with brand new tunes. I could live with a couple of old tunes being redone, but how about an album with at least 90% new stuff vs. 50%.

I'm not sure I'd call Dave lazy after '07- maybe complacent. I think he had a lot to prove in 07-08 so he stepped up his game accordingly and delivered, proving that he still had the chops. I'm still leaning toward Dave being ill for at least part of the last tour, but even that doesn't completely explain some of his vocal decisions, like the higher register crap. If i had to guess, i'm thinking Dave felt he had less to prove last tour and didn't have the focus he had in 07-08.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
          If those were my shoes, they'd be standing in a yellow puddle. Damn, it's nice to know that they realize that song deserves to be played live. C'maaawn Dave!
          It was inevitable those shoes were going to be part of this world, but I still think I am entitled to some royalties...C'mon Ed!
          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

i'd settle for an invite to 5150
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

DDL is very heavy on Mike harmonies.

Maybe Dave thinks he can't do it without MA?
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                DDL is very heavy on Mike harmonies.

Maybe Dave thinks he can't do it without MA?
                I think Wolf's been coppin' the high parts well enough.

Check out that Light Up The Sky sound check. The kid ain't fuckin' around when it comes to the role he's in.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

OK, I admit that was me. Nice shoes, eh?
                  Same ole song and dance...

Comment

Working...