• Dec 2003

Happy Birthday Michael Anthony !!!

Van Halen needs you !!!

Comment

• VHscraps
      Veteran
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by mug
      That's the outfit he wore on the 2nd tour i saw in milwaukee with googles down to start.I was blown away by the ENERGY this band had. Happy birthday Mike!
      Goggles down at the start! Now that's a pic I'd like to see ...
      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Happy Birthday to Biff "cannon mouth" Malibu.

Comment

• diamondclaudio
          Roadie
          • Jan 2004

Happy b-day mr biff malibu, and just in case you´d come back to the vh camp,you better sing along hugh grant to get just in time!!!

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            Hold on bro....

Put yourself in his shoes back then....

The brothers treated him like shit during the '04 tour.... They didn't even WANT him on that tour....

By '06, VH, in particular, EVH, wasn't doing a fucking thing, and hadn't been doing anything for YEARS.... Just lounging around on Howdy Doody Mountain wasted out of his mind.....

There was no album to record, nothing even remotely CLOSE to that.....

So while I firmly believe that Bette absolutely ruined the legacy of Van Halen forever, I simply do not blame Mike at all for getting out there and playing the tunes for the fans....

What was he supposed to do ??
            I agree, don't get me wrong - I fucking hate how things ended up the whole way around.. Ultimately it's EVH being a complete prick and ruining his band. I just can't stand how Mike is joined at the hip with fat fucking clown.
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

This is all I remember now. Frankly. I've lost interest in what that band is doing now. They are old. It looks like they still can manage to play decent and if people want to pay a lot of money to see that then fine. I just prefer to remember the way it was.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Wolfie will never be as cool as Mike was in the old days. Ampegs blazing and background vocals to die for. Ed and Al were pricks. Vallerie said the only reason Ed tours anymore is he wants to play with Wolfie so I guess there is no chance in hell of ol' Mike coming back in. Oh by the way, Happy Birthday!
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Terry
                  As a fan who would like to see Anthony playing with the band, it's perhaps understandable that I would want Anthony to have sat around and took whatever the Van Halens were dishing out at him in order to see CVH play again.

Putting myself in Anthony's place, I don't blame him for a moment or have any feelings of 'what a tool' towards him for playing with Hagar. The Van Halens, in the end, treated him like they didn't want him around anymore. Anthony stuck with them, was more loyal to them than either Roth or Hagar were (now, the case can be made that Anthony didn't have any other option BUT to be loyal...however...), and he got the shit end of the stick. I mean, to be treated like a fucking sideman by the time the 2004 tour rolled around, this is the thanks he gets?

In the end, the Van Halens didn't want him there, and Dave "it's all or nothing when it comes to a CVH reunion" Roth was willing to do whatever it took to play with the Van Halens, even if that meant Anthony wasn't gonna be a part of it.

Whatever the situation is today, Anthony was a part of one of the greatest rock bands ever. And it wasn't Anthony who neutered the band's sound in the mid-1980s by writing a bunch of synth-pop ballads. Hope the dude is doing well.
                  I can't blame Mike for sticking with the guy who stuck with him vs. the dudes who crapped on him and didn't want him around. Bottom line- he's not in the band because the Van Halens don't want him to be.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
                    I can't blame Mike for sticking with the guy who stuck with him vs. the dudes who crapped on him and didn't want him around. Bottom line- he's not in the band because the Van Halens don't want him to be.
                    And as I've been saying for years, the fact that in EVH's opinion Wolf was "ready" to take over on bass by '07 gave him the convenient excuse to get Mike out of the band....

The timing was perfect, in that respect....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      And as I've been saying for years, the fact that in EVH's opinion Wolf was "ready" to take over on bass by '07 gave him the convenient excuse to get Mike out of the band....

The timing was perfect, in that respect....
                      Back at the time, did Wolfgang influence Ed about hooking back up with Dave? I just don't remember what happened in real time to make Ed pull his head out and finally make amends with Dave. I know Wolf was a huge factor in the tours and the new album, but I just don't recollect if he had any influence with Ed about Dave in the first place back in '06 or whenever it was.

Comment

• VHscraps
                        Veteran
                        • Jul 2009

I remember a story Ed told - I think it was during his infamous 'I cured cancer' interview with Howard Stern. Stern was talking about Dave, and I think asked what Wolfgang thought about Sam vs. Dave. Ed said that until Hagar split, Wolf didn't even know there had been another Van Halen - not until on day sometime before Dave came in for the greatest hits tunes.

'Hot For Teacher' came on the radio, and Wolf said - 'who's THAT singing?' Ed said, 'that's Dave'.

Who knows, maybe Wolf's interest in the old VH was what gradually softened Ed up to workng with Dave again, and led to the various false starts before Dave was oficially back in - what? - late 2006??
                        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          Wolfie will never be as cool as Mike was in the old days. Ampegs blazing and background vocals to die for. Ed and Al were pricks. Vallerie said the only reason Ed tours anymore is he wants to play with Wolfie so I guess there is no chance in hell of ol' Mike coming back in. Oh by the way, Happy Birthday!
                          What do you mean were ?

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            Happy Birthday Michael Anthony !!!

Van Halen needs you !!!

be careful what you whish for...

Roth Army Icon
                            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Happy Bufday Mistah Mike!

Comment

Working...