X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ffoner
    Full On Cocktard
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    During Dave's brief solo acoustic stint that followed the demise of Red Ball Jet, it is mentioned that Dave began playing Ice Cream Man and Honalulu Baby. The latter surfaced as a great unreleased VH song. Is that a Roth original or a cover?

There have been so many unreleased gems that have surfaced over the years that most of us fans have figured we've heard them all. How on Earth did you find the songs that you've put out on You-Tube over the past few months and are there any more to follow?
    Best of my knowledge, HB is an original, one dating back to before he joined VH, like early 1973.

Comment

• ffoner
      Full On Cocktard
      • Dec 2006

The book notes that one of the reasons Mark Stone was released was his insistence of not contributing vocals. Does this mean that all of the backing vocals on the Cherokee demo songs besides Angel Eyes are Edward alone?

Are there any other details about the Cherokee demo or the recordings with Jim Pewsey that aren't metioned in the book?
      Never asked Stone this question - I can ask him.

From what Pewsey told me, the Glitter Demo that DLR leaked had a keyboard by Pewsey solo RIGHT where the song is cut at the end.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Greg, for those who aren't aware of the details of last week's Van Halen Rising party in Pasadena, can you give us some highlights?

Particularly, any previously unknown nuggets from either Ted Templeman or Mark Stone?
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ffoner
          Full On Cocktard
          • Dec 2006

"For Van Halen, this is the kind of success story of talent and hard work winning out in the end. For David Lee Roth-who could have been bounced out of Van Halen in early 1977-it's a Rocky-like story of winning when the odds are stacked against you."

Having said that, what do you feel the brothers would have actually done had they been asked to ditch the man Ed once said, "we need this guy" of, who helped hone and propel their talents from nothing to something in three years time by crafting their brand of rock into catchy, fan-friendly sing-alongs?
          Hard to know of course, but I know they preferred much less commercial material when Roth joined. Hell even in late 76 they were soundchecking with Led Boots and Quadrant 4.

Comment

• ffoner
            Full On Cocktard
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            Greg, for those who aren't aware of the details of last week's Van Halen Rising party in Pasadena, can you give us some highlights?

Particularly, any previously unknown nuggets from either Ted Templeman or Mark Stone?
            One thing Ted said to the crowd - which will be in evidence when the videos go up at VHND - is his answer to the question, would you produce another VH record? FUCK YES.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Ok everyone sorry for the delay we are ready to go.

Click on the link!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Hi Greg, thanks for coming over for the chat.

Quick question - when do the Van Halen Rising shirts go on sale?
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• ffoner
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                  Hi Greg, thanks for coming over for the chat.

Quick question - when do the Van Halen Rising shirts go on sale?
                  Tomorrow with any luck! I'll post info on my VHR facebook.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ffoner
                    Tomorrow with any luck! I'll post info on my VHR facebook.
                    Awesome!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      Ok everyone sorry for the delay we are ready to go.

Click on the link!

http://www.rotharmy.com/chat.php

Um, Greg ??
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Click on Sesh's link, and follow the directions.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Well...I did, I can see everything, but can't post

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I have a suspicious feeling I missed out on something ghey.

Which is cool with me.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

get ready
                              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Anyone can write a book about Van Halen. Let's see...

Chapter 1:

About what, early 70's, two brothers, one Jew and one half-Jew got together to form a band. For the most part, they sucked. They were lazy, uneducated, unemployed, but loved pussy and free beer. They would gig most anywhere for pussy and beer but after awhile could no discern which was more stale. Then another Jew sought an opportunity to make money off of them and sign them to a lopsided record deal. A poorly mixed and generic album was made that was basically forgotten rip offs of some sucky Blue Oyster Cult tunes. They made 5 more albums just like this. Eddie adopted a black kid, spawned a F A T kid and their singer went bald.

The rest would have to be filler.

Comment

Working...