X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
    Great. That's just fucking great, Von. Take a good look cretins. For today is the day the Army went corporate.

As if Sesh selling the Army's soul on Twitter wasn't bad enough.
    There's always been shit sold directly and links to other sites retail parts here, Kirsty-Jesus. Let us know when you've sanctified the temple of Roth and restored its purity...

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Sarge takes the (very small) t-shirt sales as a tiny nominal contribution to all the money he poured into this place.

VH Links is covered in advertising and they are in the middle of their 3rd annual SAVE VH LINKS campaign looking for $4000 from their members.

You would have to be kind of moronic to not realize why we would promote interviewees products.

She's being stupid or trolling, whatever there's always one...
      Last edited by Seshmeister; 10-19-2015, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Wanna make money? Sell Chinese made sex toys. No shit. Put up a sex toy sub forum and this place could be a goddamn gold mine.
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

Looks like Krusty was on a roll.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Kristy
            Do you have a degree you cyber bullying frog or did you surrender it?
            Have a Snickers. Maybe you'll choke on it biatch.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Northern Girl
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Happy to say I don't want to read this book! I don't want to know any more about this band. The last 37 years would have been a lot happier if I was just a casual fan that liked their music than one that lived through the soap opera and the dirty laundry for most of my lifetime.

Happy to be over it finally.

Hope it's a success though for those involved!!
              Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• big fatty
                Head Fluffer
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                Happy to say I don't want to read this book! I don't want to know any more about this band. The last 37 years would have been a lot happier if I was just a casual fan that liked their music than one that lived through the soap opera and the dirty laundry for most of my lifetime.

NO- You don't understand......this is not a cheap ass tabloid bullshit gossip book or a cut & paste mish mash clusterfuck of stuff we already know......

This book is a high quality super highly detailed deep in depth chronological synapsis of factual anecdotes outlining the formation of VH from before the beginning even began...

We've heard of Trojan Rubber Company and Genesis......this book chronicles the details and fills in the blanks. So many names never known or mentioned before*have been interviewed and quoted in this book. So many bass players jammed with the brothers.

The author interviewed EVH & AVH's high school peers and outlines the detailed timeline of who where and what they played in the late 60's up to 1973 when they finally hooked up with Dave.

Dave's band Red Ball Jet previously had absolutely NO information AT ALL about them until this book. The pictures alone are more than worth the price of the book.

NEVER before had I seen pictures of Red Ball Jet and that flyer. Absolutely amazing chapter jam packed with brand new information that's NEVER been chronicled before. EVER. This is THE FIRST book to shed light on Dave's Red Ball Jet band.

Too much to mention in an internet post. The book is reasonably priced there's no excuse not to scoop up a copy. Every VH fan will be more than pleased with it.

Kirk Hammet is stoked to get his copy.

This book undoubtedly sets a benchmark for rock biographies. To reach out and interview all those folks from Pasadena who knew VH back then and capture their recollections for our enjoyment and knowledge is quite an amazing feat.

There's a zillion other things to rave about but I've got to take a leak. Buy the fucking book you'll be glad you did.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                  i think we got koozies....
                  Praise be Koozies...
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by big fatty
                    NO- You don't understand......this is not a cheap ass tabloid bullshit gossip book or a cut & paste mish mash clusterfuck of stuff we already know......

This book is a high quality super highly detailed deep in depth chronological synapsis of factual anecdotes outlining the formation of VH from before the beginning even began...

We've heard of Trojan Rubber Company and Genesis......this book chronicles the details and fills in the blanks. So many names never known or mentioned before*have been interviewed and quoted in this book. So many bass players jammed with the brothers.

The author interviewed EVH & AVH's high school peers and outlines the detailed timeline of who where and what they played in the late 60's up to 1973 when they finally hooked up with Dave.

Dave's band Red Ball Jet previously had absolutely NO information AT ALL about them until this book. The pictures alone are more than worth the price of the book.

NEVER before had I seen pictures of Red Ball Jet and that flyer. Absolutely amazing chapter jam packed with brand new information that's NEVER been chronicled before. EVER. This is THE FIRST book to shed light on Dave's Red Ball Jet band.

Too much to mention in an internet post. The book is reasonably priced there's no excuse not to scoop up a copy. Every VH fan will be more than pleased with it.

Kirk Hammet is stoked to get his copy.

This book undoubtedly sets a benchmark for rock biographies. To reach out and interview all those folks from Pasadena who knew VH back then and capture their recollections for our enjoyment and knowledge is quite an amazing feat.

There's a zillion other things to rave about but I've got to take a leak. Buy the fucking book you'll be glad you did.
                    Excellent description of the book.

I was amazed at the detail. I fucking loved reading about the backyard parties, all the jam sessions, playing in bars, and all the stuff Greg covered. Page after page, I sat there saying to myself, "How lucky were those fuckers that were there for those experiences".

Comment

• big fatty
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jul 2004

#1 Best seller on Amazon doesn't just happen by accident.

The promotion has been deadeye steadfast & diligently consistent from the get go two years ago from the VH Rising Tumbler page and shows how " Taking it to the Streets" can get things done.

Now still awaiting a review or mention rom Rolling Stone magazine.

I wish they would've promoted " VAN HALEN; Exuberant California; Zen Rock and Roll" by John Scanlon the same way as VH Rising with a little promotion to raise the profile.

It's an outstanding unique profile of the band drawing numerous parallels from pop culture that paint the picture in bright vivid colours that dazzle your eyes and steam your senses truly a captivating read. A must have for all VH fans.

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by big fatty
                        I wish they would've promoted " VAN HALEN; Exuberant California; Zen Rock and Roll" by John Scanlon the same way as VH Rising with a little promotion to raise the profile.

It's an outstanding unique profile of the band drawing numerous parallels from pop culture that paint the picture in bright vivid colours that dazzle your eyes and steam your senses truly a captivating read. A must have for all VH fans.
                        Agreed. I didn't even know about this book, but DONNIEP told me I should get it, so I did. If you're a fan of Van Halen, there is no reason not to read either of these books.

Comment

• Anonymous
                          Banned
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by Northern Girl

Finally, someone with good sense!

Comment

• big fatty
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                            Excellent description of the book.

I was amazed at the detail. I fucking loved reading about the backyard parties, all the jam sessions, playing in bars, and all the stuff Greg covered. Page after page, I sat there saying to myself, "How lucky were those fuckers that were there for those experiences".

Dolemite MFR!! I had high expectations and they were thoroughly exceeded.

I knew about the EVH Goldenwest incident when VH opened for UFO..... But the anecdotes preceding the show....DLR saying he felt bad for Micheal Schenker..... then someone asks why???......Dave said EVH is gonna wipe the floor with him......

Then afterwards.....Phil Moog telling the guys....."You fucked with Micheal....he's Fucked Up".....

Welcome To America Motherfuckers!!!!!!!!!

UFO thought they were BIG SHIT.... About the hit the Big Time......

Then VAN HALEN opens up and blows them the fuck away!!!!!!!!

Dolemite Motherfucker!!!!

Dave called it days before he was telling everybody.

It's a Mans world bitches.

There's a lesson there to be learned....

Don't let VAN HALEN open your show.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Apr 2012

"How lucky were those fuckers that were there for those experiences".
                              That's how I feel about bastards like you that saw them multiple times in the glory days!

What was your favorite old school show and why?

Comment

• private parts
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
                                That's how I feel about bastards like you that saw them multiple times in the glory days!

What was your favorite old school show and why?
                                Front row for Fair Warning tour. Was so damned loud and the lighting rig was giving us in the front a sunburn! Unbelievable that they could perform under those heat lamps.
                                Favorite memory: I threw a joint on stage and Dave stopped the song and had a roadie come out and fire it up!
                                sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

Working...