Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

欢迎访问榴莲秋葵app官网,榴莲草莓香蕉秋葵绿巨人豆奶秋葵草莓视频污黄色,秋葵app视频入口是一款18禁成人黄APP,提供安卓下载/ios苹果下载。秋葵app下载汅秋葵芭比在线,秋葵视频免费观看苹果ios片源丰富,让你高潮迭起,欲罢不能!
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

If you weren't able to attend in person, here's your chance, via this link http://www.vhnd.com/2015/12/12/full-...ted-templeman/, to see and hear what we discussed about Van Halen's beginnings and Ted's role in helping the band reach the heights of superstardom.
      Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 12-14-2015, 03:12 PM. Reason: boobs
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
        If you weren't able to attend in person, here's your chance, via this link http://www.vhnd.com/2015/12/12/full-...ted-templeman/, to see and hear what we discussed about Van Halen's beginnings and Ted's role in helping the band reach the heights of superstardom.

Yeah, highly recommended watch....

It's another indication of just how much DLR's input placing VH's legacy as a legendary band...

EVH would have made VH a good band by himself, he just changed the game that much.....

But without DLR's input, they may have very well have just been only that, a good band, instead of one of the greatest....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Got the book from Santa, really enjoying it, fills in a lot of the details of the early days. Plus makes you wanna go to a backyard party
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            Yeah, highly recommended watch....

It's another indication of just how much DLR's input placing VH's legacy as a legendary band...

EVH would have made VH a good band by himself, he just changed the game that much.....

But without DLR's input, they may have very well have just been only that, a good band, instead of one of the greatest....
            It'd be hard to imagine neither Roth nor Eddie having some degree of success in the music business as artists/performers, even if they hadn't been in the same band together, although I suppose it's possible...perhaps slightly more in Dave's case, because indeed what Ed was doing guitar-wise WAS a game changer.

I do remember back in those 6-pack days where you couldn't (outside of Creem/Circus/Hit Parader) get a rock critic to say a good word about Van Halen other than that of Ed's guitar work, because the consensus was that Roth was a show-off buffoon who couldn't sing and the band were wasting Eddie's talent on party rock music. And those same critics slobbered all over themselves to pour accolades over Van Hagar when 5150 came out. To my ears (keeping in mind that back then Eddie's guitar work was the primary draw for me), once EEAS was released there was no question as to where the spirit and fury of CVH went after Roth split.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
              Got the book from Santa, really enjoying it, fills in a lot of the details of the early days. Plus makes you wanna go to a backyard party
              Yeah, I got my copy on the way, too. From what I've heard, it's a really good book. Probably the best one about the band in terms of having been written by somebody who wasn't in the group. The other one that came out several years back, Everybody Wants Some, was a letdown: just a recycled, Ed-centric jumble of old, previously published interviews (that were often utilized incorrectly in terms of the snippets being quoted and the year the book was focusing on at the time).

The EWS book was a ham-fisted, amateurish attempt. Van Halen Rising looks like it will be much better.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                Yeah, I got my copy on the way, too. From what I've heard, it's a really good book. Probably the best one about the band in terms of having been written by somebody who wasn't in the group. The other one that came out several years back, Everybody Wants Some, was a letdown: just a recycled, Ed-centric jumble of old, previously published interviews (that were often utilized incorrectly in terms of the snippets being quoted and the year the book was focusing on at the time).

The EWS book was a ham-fisted, amateurish attempt. Van Halen Rising looks like it will be much better.

Oh, it's night and day, Terry... You'll see after one or two chapters of VHR....

While I don't disparage anyone that's previously put out any sort of Van Halen book, 'case even the lousy ones entail a shitload of work to publish it, but VHR has re-written to book (no pun intended) on Van Halen documentaries....

Now, the challenge to Greg is to write the '78-'85 era, if he indeed decides to do it....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I read it when it first came out and was as thrilled as I figured I'd be. Now that the stress of the holidays is over, I'm looking forward to diving in for round 2. I'm going to take notes this time as I think there are particular topics that deserve their own thread here. Terry, enjoy!

Comment

• VAiN
                    Use my hand, I won't look
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Terry
                    Yeah, I got my copy on the way, too. From what I've heard, it's a really good book. Probably the best one

I mean.. Just the cover alone is superior!
                    Originally posted by wiseguy
                    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Dan
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Great Book So far.

Thanks To Pete's Brother for The Book.

HMMMMMMMm.......Even Ted Templeman signed My Book.

Some Crazy fooker Also Signed it.........No Pants.

Even Mark Stone signed it on page 125.
                      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dan
                        Great Book So far.

Thanks To Pete's Brother for The Book.

HMMMMMMMm.......Even Ted Templeman signed My Book.

Some Crazy fooker Also Signed it.........No Pants.

Even Mark Stone signed it on page 125.
                        That's pretty cool
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• WARF
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Roth was a true underdog...

He was never a technical singer, I could name hundreds of other singers who have better range and a pure singer voice....

What made Dave a legend was the charisma and attitude behind his vocals, and his superior lyricism....

Plus, he was all the superlatives.... He's a rock god, intelligent, great interviewer, greatest front man etc etc

Van Halen was intelligent rock, hidden behind spandex, sex and drugs....

Never about politics, religion or any other of that faggy shit.....

Comment

• atomicpnk47
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Feb 2007

Charisma and attitude pretty much nails it Warf

Comment

• big fatty
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jul 2004

I strongly , sincerely, and firmly truly believe without hesitation that David Roth fully despises, abhores, and completely resents his heavy metal fanbase.

Most folks who read this site are aware of Dave's interviews throughout the years. His intelligence, world wide perspective and philosophy of life. The way he lives. The life he's lead. Who he is. Who he's been. Who he is now.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by WARF
                                Never about politics, religion or any other of that faggy shit.....
                                amen

Comment

Working...