X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    Not big fan of the shoe-gazer anthems like the one you mentioned, but Nirvana, AIC, Sound Garden and a hand full of others were a breath of fresh, albeit dirty flanneled, air IMHO
    Ha!! Nirvana was a breath of fresh air?? So is the fart that I just ripped! Nirvana sucked more cock than Freddie Mercury on New Year's Eve. Kurt Cobain was the single most untalented moron crybaby who ever got in front of a camera. Well, after the King of Hippies John Lennon. Nobrain's voice was shit, his lyrics were shit, and overall that band's music stunk worse than an early morning Cheap Beer dump. Kurt didn't die too soon - he died too late. Like 15 years too late. Fucking filthy Hippie idiot crybaby piece of shit!!

Now, what were we talking about?
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I thank Nirvana every now and then for ridding the world of the likes of Warrant. The grunge period was a necessary evil. More of it turned out to be good than bad in my opinion. The way I see it, both new and old acts of today are more influenced by the 70s and 90s than the 80s. Accept for maybe Halestorm and a few others, but fuck that noise.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Von Halen
        Well, that was a good fucking chance he took there! That disc shreds!
        Absolutely, and better late than never, but to spend the better part of three decades sounding like Dokken minus Don Dokken is a head scratcher in my book. George is better than that.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

I thank Nirvana every now and then for ridding the world of the likes of Warrant. The grunge period was a necessary evil.
          I thank Kurt Cobain every now and then too. Thanks Filthie Hippie!

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I thank Nirvana every now and then for ridding the world of the likes of Warrant.
            Hey, I like Warrant! "Hole In My Wall" and "Uncle Tom's Cabin" kick ass!

Comment

• Satan
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Donnie's just jealous because Jesus don't want him for a sunbeam....

Damn, that was a great show!
              Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
              I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

They put on a killer show on the Uncle Tom tour. Plus they played fun music, got half lit on stage, and there were actual hot chicks at the show. As opposed to a Nirvana show where you had a filthie hippie crybaby hopping around on stage, hideously ugly flannel wearing chicks and dudes (kinda hard to tell the difference), and everybody gets off on being miserable. Gee, I wonder which ticket I should buy?

Cobain couldn't sing, was a pathetic performer, had zero talent and even less stage presence. Just like the Hippie King John Lennon. Jesus, quit your cryin, write a decent song, take a goddamn shower and quit ruinin my life!!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Never said I was a huge Nirvana fan. I appreciated the movement. Primarily AIC, who oddly enough, started out as the very sleeze rock they would help destroy. That period of the 90s shook shit up. Face it, the curve ball knocked Dave off his game. OBC took a stab at sounding grungy on a song or two in the mid-90's, but his poor singer of choice couldn't adapt either. It was a fascinating time in my memory. Sure, there was some shitty music in the mix, but a lot of great stuff, too.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Never said I was a huge Nirvana fan. I appreciated the movement. Primarily AIC, who oddly enough, started out as the very sleeze rock they would help destroy. That period of the 90s shook shit up. Face it, the curve ball knocked Dave off his game. OBC took a stab at sounding grungy on a song or two in the mid-90's, but his poor singer of choice couldn't adapt either. It was a fascinating time in my memory. Sure, there was some shitty music in the mix, but a lot of great stuff, too.
                    The only talent in Nirvana was the drummer. The singer was a pathetic whining drug addict who absolutely reveled in being miserable. I do feel sorry for the guy for making the mistake of marrying one of the single most insane and unattractive women on the planet. Come to think of it, maybe all the drugs were a good idea lol.

I do actually like a couple songs from the era. But honestly when I hear a bunch of ugly hippies being angry I reach for the dial on the radio. I'd rather listen to some Rufus or Van Halen or Winger or Bread or The Captain and Tennille. Anything other than "ooh I'm so angry and nobody understands me and people are all fake and corporations suck" blah blah blah. I like being entertained - if I want to sit around and think about crappy stuff I'll go argue with Ford

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                      They put on a killer show on the Uncle Tom tour. Plus they played fun music, got half lit on stage, and there were actual hot chicks at the show. As opposed to a Nirvana show where you had a filthie hippie crybaby hopping around on stage, hideously ugly flannel wearing chicks and dudes (kinda hard to tell the difference), and everybody gets off on being miserable. Gee, I wonder which ticket I should buy?

Cobain couldn't sing, was a pathetic performer, had zero talent and even less stage presence. Just like the Hippie King John Lennon. Jesus, quit your cryin, write a decent song, take a goddamn shower and quit ruinin my life!!
                      Really Donnie, bashing a band that mattered while praising one that even knew themselves were a shitty joke of a band? I know you like crap music and gay pastel colors but come on man, you don't have to like bands to know what ones matter and will be remembered and what ones are lucky to play a local bar now. Warrant, give me a break.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2009

You would, homo

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

The only talent in Nirvana was the drummer. The singer was a pathetic whining drug addict who absolutely reveled in being miserable. I do feel sorry for the guy for making the mistake of marrying one of the single most insane and unattractive women on the planet. Come to think of it, maybe all the drugs were a good idea lol.

I do actually like a couple songs from the era. But honestly when I hear a bunch of ugly hippies being angry I reach for the dial on the radio. I'd rather listen to some Rufus or Van Halen or Winger or Bread or The Captain and Tennille. Anything other than "ooh I'm so angry and nobody understands me and people are all fake and corporations suck" blah blah blah. I like being entertained - if I want to sit around and think about crappy stuff I'll go argue with Ford
                          Jeez, you're all worked up over Cobain, aren't ya?

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                            Really Donnie, bashing a band that mattered while praising one that even knew themselves were a shitty joke of a band? I know you like crap music and gay pastel colors but come on man, you don't have to like bands to know what ones matter and will be remembered and what ones are lucky to play a local bar now. Warrant, give me a break.
                            Gay pastel colors look better than a filthy green sweater! You didn't see Sonny Crockett running around in some old dirty sweater he dug out of a dumpster!

But you have convinced me to give Nirvana another chance. So tomorrow I shall go out and buy one of their ground breaking, game changing, revolutionary, immortal CDs. Then I'm gonna set it on fire and piss on it

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Jeez, you're all worked up over Cobain, aren't ya?
                              I like poking the hippie.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I like poking the hippie.
                                But he was a fire arms enthusiast.

Comment

Working...