X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Izzy Moreno
    Sex & Religion is awesome up until that part where they all start squealing like pigs.
    was going with eat em and smile but as you were
    Last edited by vandeleur; 01-03-2016, 07:10 PM.
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Anonymous
      Banned
      • May 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
      Lennon only brought a megaton more to the music world than the likes of Warrant.
      I will admit that Lennon more or less balanced the evil that he brought upon us all with all the bands that were influenced by the Beatles, aka the very first boys band.

But that's as far as I go.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Like always, you are extremely cool-headed & entirely reasonable, Terry.

It certainly wasn't talent that put grunge in the spotlight. Lack of absolutely anything else seems quite fitting.
        Right, because Jerry Cantrell, Chris Cornell, Dave Grohl, Matt Cameron, Mike McCreedy, Layne Staley, Andrew Wood and a host of others stumbled in and succeeded with pure luck. LMAO.

Comment

• Anonymous
          Banned
          • May 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
          was going with eat em and smile but as you were
          What's wrong with Skyscraper? Ford hates it, that means it's brilliant.

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

But he was a fire arms enthusiast.
            He was a weirdo. Now he's a dead weirdo.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

Right, because Jerry Cantrell, Chris Cornell, Dave Grohl, Matt Cameron, Mike McCreedy, Layne Staley, Andrew Wood and a host of others stumbled in and succeeded with pure luck. LMAO.
              Jerry Cantrell is a groovy mother fucker

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

I didnt want to overload the fact that vai who was a big part of the Dave band was getting put in the same bracket as ngog moomingtrol

Comment

• Anonymous
                  Banned
                  • May 2004

Whining hippies, the lot of them.

Riding the coattails of the filthiest whiningest hippie of them all.

They should've gotten haircuts, real jobs & left Music to the likes of George Thorogood, John Lee Hooker, Bob Seger, Bruce Springsteen, Bruce Dickinson, Helloween, etc.

You can safely ignore their entire careers & still never run out of EXCELLENT music to listen to, even if you manage to live more than a few lifetimes.

Comment

• Satan
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

The only difference between Skycrapper and Othisblowsgoats2 was that one had a tolerable vocalist.

Other than that, both were Velveeta drenched artery clogging synth pop nightmares. (with the notable exception of "Damn Good". The Van Hagar album had NO notable exceptions, of course)
                    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

the likes of George Thorogood, John Lee Hooker, Bob Seger, Bruce Springsteen, Bruce Dickinson, Helloween, etc.
                      Good grief.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Satan
                        The only difference between Skycrapper and Othisblowsgoats2 was that one had a tolerable vocalist.

Other than that, both were Velveeta drenched artery clogging synth pop nightmares. (with the notable exception of "Damn Good". The Van Hagar album had NO notable exceptions, of course)

Who listened to Othisblowsgoats2 any hoo

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                          He was a weirdo. Now he's a dead weirdo.
                          Is that right. How well did you actually know him? Did your records sell as well?

Comment

• Satan
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

I listened to it once.... in 1988. I still use it to torment the damned in Hell. But only in places where the screams can't reach my office.
                            Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• beavrtek
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Aug 2004

That's a bold statement. Definitely a handful of tasty riffage on there, but a fair share of clunkers, too. Not sure what the 5 weeks difference would have made, but the guy wasn't about to break any musical ground with Oni Logan dishing out huff and puff lyrics about his burning soul.
                              Regarding Wicked Sensation, just curious as to what, in your mind, constitutes a "clunker"? Opinions obviously vary but I would think that it's safe to assume that most of us here at RA dig melodic hard/heavy rock. Though George Lynch's Lynch Mob was a little more self indulgent than early VH, I find it hard to believe that Wicked Sensation would not have been big, if radio had not adopted grunge. The disc oozes melody and heart felt attitude. To my ears, the only "clunker" on WS would be (maybe) Street Fighting Man. Shmultzy was on the way out, and George understood this. In his solo stuff (w/Oni Logan on vocals) he could staked his claim, if only the public had been given a chance (via FM radio) to hear it. I doubt that GL has even begun to get out from under the debt incurred from the WS sessions. He is now living in a trailer, but was so close, bitd, to becoming a household word. Though in life you place your bets and takes your chances... that's gotta hurt.

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Satan
                                I listened to it once.... in 1988. I still use it to torment the damned in Hell. But only in places where the screams can't reach my office.
                                Well you get what you deserve, if you listened to the first coathanger abortion of an album and then went back for more who is a silly devil.

Comment

Working...