X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anonymous
    Banned
    • May 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    I prefer to answer like this. I would rather see Alice In Chains as I did in a hole in the wall club in 1990 with people all around me either scratching their heads or running for the door with shit in their pants because Layne scared it out of them. Steel Panther is of no use to me. That's not to say that I don't think they are talented. Goofy faux "cock rock" just ain't my thing.
    Well, I'm sorry, I didn't know GG Allin was your thing.

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
      Am with Izzy the pic doesnt look right.
      That's because you're both gay.
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by DONNIEP
        That's because you're both gay.
        seems harsh
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Izzy Moreno

That guy is scary.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Well I actually watched some of that. Here's what I learned:

The singer is insane and has a really small weenuh. The small weenuh probably explains the anger.

The crowd looked like all ugly dudes who are equally nuts and seem to like to hit each other. I believe they probably all have tiny Honkie Dongs too.

The music was horrible. The singer should have killed himself on stage. That would have at least been entertaining.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
              Head Fluffer
              • Apr 2012

FWIW, I liked the grunge stuff, including Nirvana. I do remember there being a ton of hype around Smells Like Teen Spirit and when I finally saw the video/heard the song I remember thinking "that's what all the hype is about?". I liked the song, but it wasn't that great. If nothing else, at least the grunge stuff was guitar based. All things considered, I thought some pretty decent stuff came out of that era. The band Helmet had their heyday during that period, so I'm glad I found them as I really liked their first four albums.

I do think the "grunge killed hair metal" mythology is not entirely accurate. I think it was just more the natural cycle of music styles/tastes changing than some sort of revolutionary call to arms for the nation's disaffected youth. That's always struck me as being a bit of a hokey narrative.

Comment

• Anonymous
                Banned
                • May 2004

seems harsh
                Donnie's just lashing out because he knows we know that he's easier to fool than a coked up Rob Halford at an all-crossdresser party.

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

Donnie's just lashing out because he knows we know that he's easier to fool than a coked up Rob Halford at an all-crossdresser party.
                  Sometimes he doesnt know how mean he is being

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

He wasn't. Layne was great, though.

Comment

• Anonymous
                      Banned
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
                      FWIW, I liked the grunge stuff, including Nirvana. I do remember there being a ton of hype around Smells Like Teen Spirit and when I finally saw the video/heard the song I remember thinking "that's what all the hype is about?". I liked the song, but it wasn't that great. If nothing else, at least the grunge stuff was guitar based. All things considered, I thought some pretty decent stuff came out of that era. The band Helmet had their heyday during that period, so I'm glad I found them as I really liked their first four albums.

I do think the "grunge killed hair metal" mythology is not entirely accurate. I think it was just more the natural cycle of music styles/tastes changing than some sort of revolutionary call to arms for the nation's disaffected youth. That's always struck me as being a bit of a hokey narrative.
                      I appreciate how reasonable you grunge guys are, trying to meet us sleaze cockers in the middle, but I'll just put all my cards in the table & come right out saying that I'll always blame John Lennon for every problem humanity faced from the 60s up until the 90s & Kunt Nobrain for all the problems since 1991.

If it weren't for Nerdvana spreading out like a disease & enabling other bands like Radiohead, facilitating the "woe is me" mentality since then, you wouldn't have disgruntled young losers from the west joining forces with the towel-headed dirt monkeys & commiting terrorist attacks.

No one will be able to cuntvince me otherwise.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

I appreciate how reasonable you grunge guys are, trying to meet us sleaze cockers in the middle, but I'll just put all my cards in the table & come right out saying that I'll always blame John Lennon for every problem humanity faced from the 60s up until the 90s & Kunt Nobrain for all the problems since 1991.

If it weren't for Nerdvana spreading out like a disease & enabling other bands like Radiohead, facilitating the "woe is me" mentality since then, you wouldn't have disgruntled young losers from the west joining forces with the towel-headed dirt monkeys & commiting terrorist attacks.

No one will be able to cuntvince me otherwise.
                        Some big (huuuge) jumps of logic there but I will point out the main one.
                        Saying People who listen to radioheeed become terrorists is missing the obvious fact that they live at home with mum and cant really stay out that late

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
                          I was unimpressed with Teen Spirit. Once I heard Come As You Are, I thought ok, I like where this is going. The Knack meets Black Sabbath, someone once called them. Can't quite argue with that.

Comment

• Anonymous
                            Banned
                            • May 2004

Some big (huuuge) jumps of logic there but I will point out the main one.
                            Saying People who listen to radioheeed become terrorists is missing the obvious fact that they live at home with mum and cant really stay out that late
                            Nope, didn't miss that fact at all. You just filled a gap where you had to take a logic jump.

If you pay attention to the young adult western retards that join forces with the towel-headed dirt monkeys, they were, indeed, living with mum.

I heard the speech of one of them, the French guy that helped plan the attack on the Eagles of Death Metal.

He was telling the others that they were to shoot everyone in sight, humiliate them, spit in their faces, etc. because that is all they deserve.

Tell me that's not the speech of someone who is pissed off they don't get enough attention. He probably listened to "Creep" before he ran away from homw.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I appreciate how reasonable you grunge guys are, trying to meet us sleaze cock...
                              Let me stop you right there. I listen to just about everything but modern cuntry. If I were just a "grunge guy" you probably wouldn't have run into me on a DLR fan site. Then again, there are those here who loathe Dave. Go figure.

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Nope, didn't miss that fact at all. You just filled a gap where you had to take a logic jump.

If you pay attention to the young adult western retards that join forces with the towel-headed dirt monkeys, they were, indeed, living with mum.

I heard the speech of one of them, the French guy that helped plan the attack on the Eagles of Death Metal.

He was telling the others that they were to shoot everyone in sight, humiliate them, spit in their faces, etc. because that is all they deserve.

Tell me that's not the speech of someone who is pissed off they don't get enough attention. He probably listened to "Creep" before he ran away from homw.
                                So we agree that instead of bombing random targets we should use these resources to check peoples record collections .

Comment

Working...