X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VHscraps
    Veteran
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Grit
    I'd love to see Michael Anthony in the mix but man, I don't know. I think Eddie hates him even more than Hagar. Even for the 2004 reunion with Hagar, Ed wanted Anthony gone. Hagar said no way. Anthony took a huge pay cut for that tour and gave away some rights as a member of the band. I don't know if it's simply because Anthony and Hagar were so close?? As we all know Ed was in a bad, bad place back then so who knows?
    Ed's clearly exceptionally stubborn and can hold a grudge for a long time. But Dave wants it, and Alex is supposedly very close to Dave these days.

I think it might take more, though - something (another divorce, a death) that forces Ed to reflect on his own finite life, which in rock'n'roll terms is now into the last act. Maybe then he will reflect on his past and think about making amends / mending fences while there is still time.

Hopefully not with Hagar.
    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• 5150va
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by 1nelahnav1
      I was just checking thrill call and it say 1 upcoming show for van halen may 16 2014 in Greenville SC. Not sure if anyone had seen this yet.

I hadn't seen this but I am leery of this date. Believe me, if it pans out to be true, I'll be there even if I have to walk to SC from VA. But I have seen a Van Halen date pop up on Pollstar for Reno last year after the cancellations only to be removed later. Is thrill call pretty reliable with their info?

Comment

• atomicpnk47
        Head Fluffer
        • Feb 2007

No Wolf no Van Halen didn't Val say as much around the time ADKOT was released?

Comment

• mug
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2005

Yes. But Wolfie could say dad its time to do the right thing.

Comment

• qikgts
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Zing!
            Oh yeah, how about license plate frames?"
            Honestly, I'd buy a few of those!
            You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• BenJammin
              Foot Soldier
              • Feb 2004

It was a hell of an effort. I'm still so grateful for [and still listening to] ADKOT, and I got to see them on this last tour, but seems the gas tank is empty and all the booze is gone [again]... time to go home and reflect for awhile. Not like it's the heyday years anymore. Maybe in the next few years another studio album and/or a career DVD compilation. Meanwhile I think Dave will still be Dave and ride [not so] gracefully into the sunset. Just hoping the VH family doesn't go back with Haggis for anything... ever.
              "Money can't buy poverty." -Marty Feldman

Comment

Working...