David Lee Roth Better Than Robert Plant Singing Live???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heater
    Foot Soldier
    • Nov 2010

Open the vaults! Am I right?

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Heater
      Who else Fucking LOVES Dave?

Dave!

Comment

• Satan
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

I see Bleater scored some of the blue meth this evilning.
        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• fraroc
          Commando
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Satan
          Hopefully it's laced with cyanide.
          How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Except you're probably basing those comments on the official overdubbed and highly processed recording of that show, since you weren't actually in London to see the performance.
            The unenhanced (as in no post-show studio overdubs) audio of the 02 show is obviously a bit different than what ended up on Celebration Day, particularly with the vocals. As the raw audio demonstrates, Plant could still pull off some songs well (For Your Life sounded really good). Hearing him try and warble through Stairway at that show was just embarrassing. It'd be one thing to be there seeing it in realtime, I suppose, but when listening to it with a clinical ear it was just...it didn't sound good. Good Times Bad Times sounded like it was detuned at least a whole step...with the stuff they did from Houses through Presence, the vocals sounded decent. Anything earlier than Houses found Plant struggling. There was no escape, my sweet Satan.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Heater
              Foot Soldier
              • Nov 2010

No, he said BEERsack, I LOVE ballsacks.

But who the HELL carries beer in a sack? How funny am I? I'm the kind of deep, thinking man funny. Dave would Love me.
              There's nobody else like you here.......except for, well......

Comment

• Heater
                Foot Soldier
                • Nov 2010

More comic gold from your genius mind. You should write professionally.

Comment

• Heater
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by fraroc
                  Hopefully it's laced with cyanide.
                  Or maybe F. Satan could lace it with his love juice...then you would devour it. Right? Right. All gone.

Comment

• Satan
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Bleater, I'm truly sorry that you seem unable to find the man of your dreams, but the Gates of Hell just don't swing that direction. Maybe you need to stop fantasizing about The Devil, and about heterosexual rock singers, and just go out there and meet somebody.

I'm sure there's a redneck bar nearby where you can find guys who are into sheep.

Comment

• Mushroom
                      Commando
                      • Jul 2009

Bleater, I'm truly sorry that you seem unable to find the man of your dreams, but the Gates of Hell just don't swing that direction. Maybe you need to stop fantasizing about The Devil, and about heterosexual rock singers, and just go out there and meet somebody.

I'm sure there's a redneck bar nearby where you can find guys who are into sheep.
                      Personally I prefer to be caught with a sheep rather than another man

Comment

• Satan
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Don't say that around Bleater. He might take it as an invitation.

Comment

• Mushroom
                          Commando
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Terry
                          The unenhanced (as in no post-show studio overdubs) audio of the 02 show is obviously a bit different than what ended up on Celebration Day, particularly with the vocals. As the raw audio demonstrates, Plant could still pull off some songs well (For Your Life sounded really good). Hearing him try and warble through Stairway at that show was just embarrassing. It'd be one thing to be there seeing it in realtime, I suppose, but when listening to it with a clinical ear it was just...it didn't sound good. Good Times Bad Times sounded like it was detuned at least a whole step...with the stuff they did from Houses through Presence, the vocals sounded decent. Anything earlier than Houses found Plant struggling. There was no escape, my sweet Satan.
                          Celebration Day is a calculated cash grab if I ever saw one and it's a steaming pile of crap. Every cut I've heard on the radio off of Celebration Day sounds noisy and poorly balanced. John Paul Jones is the best quarter of the whole. Pagey is going through the motions. Jason Bonham does not have the presence of his father. And Plant sounds strained. There is no magic. I will never buy this record!!!

Decision: Roth wins!

Comment

• Mushroom
                            Commando
                            • Jul 2009

Don't say that around Bleater. He might take it as an invitation.
                            He needs self control. Heater don't be a poseur, just be yourself. If you're a fag, you're a fag.

Comment

• Satan
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mushroom
                              He needs self control. Heater don't be a poseur, just be yourself. If you're a fag, you're a fag.
                              Yeah, but he's also a sheep!

Comment

• Satan
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mushroom
                                Celebration Day is a calculated cash grab if I ever saw one and it's a steaming pile of crap. Every cut I've heard on the radio off of Celebration Day sounds noisy and poorly balanced. John Paul Jones is the best quarter of the whole. Pagey is going through the motions. Jason Bonham does not have the presence of his father. And Plant sounds strained. There is no magic. I will never buy this record!!!

Decision: Roth wins!
                                You think that's a cash grab?

Have you heard the latest news? Page is remastering the entire Zep catalog.... AGAIN.

This has to be at least the 6th time, if not the 666th. I should have included record royalties in the deal I made for their souls.

Comment

Working...