X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
    From reading your snarky, condescending posts. You try to come off as a voice of reason while taking shots at anybody that doesn't frequent your shit hole of a site. A lot of the time you are a decent dude, it is when you try taking shots at people that haven't said anything to you in months that you come off as a douche.
    Sorry my sarcasm offends... taking shots is a tradition here that built this place!! Why do you people keep forgetting that fact?
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF
      Obviously there isn't gonna be a merge with our sites. I'm just saying there isn't enough interest in David Lee Roth to have multiple sites exist and still have decent traffic. Facebook groups are where everyone posts now. Nobody wants to post at message boards. I've run into lots of members from here and the ddlr.com days and they post in fb groups.
      Times, change... people change... the net changes. Change will remain with us until the end.

Merge isn't on the menu... Change ain't lookin for friends... Change calls the tune we dance to.

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I've run into lots of members from here and the ddlr.com days and they post in fb groups.
        Are you serious?

What is the attraction of posting in a FB group? What does it allow, that you can't do on a traditional forum?

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
          Times, change... people change... the net changes. Change will remain with us until the end.

Merge isn't on the menu... Change ain't lookin for friends... Change calls the tune we dance to.
          You're right ZahZoo...

I think it's time to stop riding the white horse...

It's time to ride the white pony!!

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
            Are you serious?

What is the attraction of posting in a FB group? What does it allow, that you can't do on a traditional forum?
            You can type with your thumb on one hand and still jack off with the other hand. Other than that I see no difference...

Comment

• WARF
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Are you serious?

I've been asking my staff for 8 months why fb users won't make the switch! There are hundreds of FB Van Halen/DLR groups... I've been trying to make them members of my site. I've asked hundreds to register! 90% of them don't register..... 9% register and don't make a post... and maybe 1% of them will become regular members. I think I've got maybe one or two active members from fb.

Facebook has killed message boards.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2009

Obviously there isn't gonna be a merge with our sites. I'm just saying there isn't enough interest in David Lee Roth to have multiple sites exist and still have decent traffic. Facebook groups are where everyone posts now. Nobody wants to post at message boards. I've run into lots of members from here and the ddlr.com days and they post in fb groups.
                Facebook is great for family and personal friends, for just fucking around on the net I would much rather post on a message board. Just my personal preference but I doubt I am the only one that feels that way about it.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

People, for the most part, post on fagbook as themselves. Most of them don't understand the relative anonymity of posting on a message board. Or that most message boards are places where people routinely rip on each other and the rules are way looser than on FB. Plus, a lot of those people have the attention span of a gold fish and they're not interested in ongoing conversations about anything. It's ooh, typey typey, post, next update, ooh! Here's a Van Halen picture you've all seen 37,000 times. And they're all thinner skinned than an albino in a desert.
                  American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I've been asking my staff for 8 months why fb users won't make the switch! There are hundreds of FB Van Halen/DLR groups... I've been trying to make them members of my site. I've asked hundreds to register! 90% of them don't register..... 9% register and don't make a post... and maybe 1% of them will become regular members. I think I've got maybe one or two active members from fb.

Facebook has killed message boards.
                    So basically, everyone that doesn't like one of the other groups, can start their own group? Easily, and free? Or maybe they have a huge ego, like WARF , and they just want to start their own group, because they can?

Isn't it watered down as fuck? How do you bond, if the groups are fragmented into hundreds of pieces?

Comment

• wolfsbane
                      Roadie
                      • Jan 2005

Facebook is for people who work in cubicles and for people who are mentally 16 years old.

The discussions are not about the subject or the message, it is about the person posting the message.

I want to discuss the subject not the person posting. Facebook people should get a real life and not live in virtual reality.

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                        People, for the most part, post on fagbook as themselves. Most of them don't understand the relative anonymity of posting on a message board. Or that most message boards are places where people routinely rip on each other and the rules are way looser than on FB. Plus, a lot of those people have the attention span of a gold fish and they're not interested in ongoing conversations about anything. It's ooh, typey typey, post, next update, ooh! Here's a Van Halen picture you've all seen 37,000 times. And they're all thinner skinned than an albino in a desert.
                        Basically, it's the "me me me" philosophy.

Comment

• WARF
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

So basically, everyone that doesn't like one of the other groups, can start their own group? Easily, and free? Or maybe they have a huge ego, like WARF , and they just want to start their own group, because they can?

Isn't it watered down as fuck? How do you bond, if the groups are fragmented into hundreds of pieces?
                          Exactly it's FREE.

Anyone can start a group and have thousands of members.

All the old posters that left this site and ddlr.com post in my group now. lol

They still won't post at my site though... even though I link the group with links of topics to our forums.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                            Facebook is great for family and personal friends, for just fucking around on the net I would much rather post on a message board. Just my personal preference but I doubt I am the only one that feels that way about it.
                            That's exactly how I feel. I can't stand tinkering with all of the various privacy settings on FB, so I use it minimally outside of family and friend crap. I prefer the separate universe of message boards for bands and the like.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2009

Even if they made the switch to here or Donnie/Warham's site (I don't own it btw...) They wouldn't be used to all the fighting and insane shit some of the members post.
                              Exactly it's FREE.

Anyone can start a group and have thousands of members.

All the old posters that left this site and ddlr.com post in my group now. lol

They still won't post at my site though... even though I link the group with links of topics to our forums.
                              Do you own the site or not? lol

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Basically, it's the "me me me" philosophy.
                                Yeah, just dumbed down to a third grade level. Warf and I not only got kicked out of a group, they threatened to sue us lol. Which seems to happen a lot, actually.
                                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...