X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

US Festival DVD Released Today

No much Heavy Metal Day bands, either... No Crue, no Ozzy, No Quiet Riot, and no Halen.....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Why the fuck is this in Main?

Comment

• Satan
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

This is a stupid fucking idea.....

Who the hell releases a ONE DVD compilation of a three day festival, and with two of the three headliners completely absent??

Bowie, VH, and The Clash were the headliners. The Clash is included, but no VH and no Bowie.

Several of the bands involved have already released their sets commercially, and many of the others are widely circulated bootlegs. Who do they think is going to buy this crappy compilation?
      Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
      I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• VAiN
        Use my hand, I won't look
        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Fucking retarded, but it gives me hope that the VH footage is alive & well somewhere not called 5150.
        Originally posted by wiseguy
        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Satan
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
          Fucking retarded, but it gives me hope that the VH footage is alive & well somewhere not called 5150.
          Well... the good news is, that yes, the entire US Festival 83 master reels -Van Halen included- are preserved by something called the "Historic Films Archive". And they have uploaded many clips of the show to YouTube in excellent quality (though with annoying watermarks and time codes)

Bad news is that this organization doesn't make DVD's and sell films to the public, though they do "license" them for certain purposes. (I'm not sure of the details there, but I'm guessing it's when media needs a couple minutes of "stock footage" or whatever....)
          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Oh yeah, that's right.. I've heard about those guys.. Makes ya want to start an LLC, pool some cash and get a copy!
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VHscraps
              Veteran
              • Jul 2009

It seems that Wozniak owns the original Us Fest footage, including the VH footage, and he's probably waiting for the right offer.

These DVDs - and earlier ones - are just cleaned up versions of the cable TV broadcast - this is what Glenn Aveni (see his name on the DVD cover, above) owns. There is no Clash stuff on it apart from clips that were broadcast on Cable TV at the time - as with VH, no one has seen the whole of the Clash footage.

There was a discussion on a thread - link HERE - at the beginning of last month when a cleaned up clip of SGMAD appeared.

I did a fair bit of digging for info (see post 32/33) Who knows, maybe the master reels will be sitting in some garage, rotting away, along with old Apple components ...
              THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Satan
                Well... the good news is, that yes, the entire US Festival 83 master reels -Van Halen included- are preserved by something called the "Historic Films Archive". And they have uploaded many clips of the show to YouTube in excellent quality (though with annoying watermarks and time codes)

Bad news is that this organization doesn't make DVD's and sell films to the public, though they do "license" them for certain purposes. (I'm not sure of the details there, but I'm guessing it's when media needs a couple minutes of "stock footage" or whatever....)
                drunk or not...they were smoking. and those fucking brothers are as tight as hell. keep that in mind, when we say good bye...you can' get this stuff no more...
                Roth Army Icon
                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Cato
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Can I show off my US Fest concert program?
                  Attached Files
                  Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Carloscda
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                    drunk or not...they were smoking. and those fucking brothers are as tight as hell. keep that in mind, when we say good bye...you can' get this stuff no more...
                    And no matter what's said about Al he's the one from all the boots I've heard never missed a beat!

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Dunno if I'd want to buy this, if only because VH1 Classic a couple years back had 2 or 3 one-hour programs of the various US Fest days, with one or two tunes from a good chunk of the acts there...on the initial thread pic listing the bands, the only one I can't recall being shown on the Classic programs was Quarterflash...

But, yeah, I'd rather have a multi-dvd release with full sets. It's kind of foolish that something along those lines hasn't been released, as Triumph, Quiet Riot and Judas Priest have released their entire sets. I've also scooped up full set US fest performance bootlegs of Missing Persons, Motley Crue, Van Halen (obviously). Van Halen's US Fest performance is like ground zero for VH bootlegs in that virtually anyone you trade with has a copy of it. Like, to the point where people I traded with were giving me copies of it as a bonus without me even asking for it.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...