Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Lyrics are important to songwriting, dicklicker.

Ed can't write lyrics worth a shit. Dave HAD to write the lyrics, because no one else could. There was none of this 'Ed had to do it that way so there would be no fighting over royalties'. LOL

In case you haven't figured out....music is one half of a rock song, and lyrics are the other half.

Comment

• evhfan
      Banned
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Warham
      Lyrics are important to songwriting, dicklicker.

Ed can't write lyrics worth a shit. Dave HAD to write the lyrics, because no one else could. There was none of this 'Ed had to do it that way so there would be no fighting over royalties'. LOL

In case you haven't figured out....music is one half of a rock song, and lyrics are the other half.
      what i'm saying cock munch is that dave didn't write nor ever wrote any of the music...comprende dick?

Comment

• Winston

If EVH did write the songs, then why is his style so different now from that which he wrote with Dave, and, conversely, why is Dave's music more related to the stuff that he did with Van Halen?

I'll tell you why. Just because Eddie can play the guitar it does not necessarliy imply mean that - overall - he's a good composer of music. Just look at the shit they're putting out now with Sammy. It is because Dave had a large part in the creation of VH music - production, arrangement, lyrics, videos, composing, etc. You name it.

EVH cannot write a song to safe his life. The only thing that makes his records sell is his ability to play the guitar. Nothing less, nothing more.

Satisfied? No?

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

No, he didn't, but that wasn't the point, evhlicker.

The point is, Hagar is running around singing Roth's lyrics, therefore he is covering David Lee Roth.

Got that? I know you are slow. Maybe we shouldn't go so fast, ok evhlicker.

Comment

• evhfan
            Banned
            • Jul 2004

bri, bri, bri...you're just a stupid beach boy lover...what do you know about good music...get back to jacking off over sheep and fodling your dog...mmmmkay?

Comment

• Coyote
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by evhfan
              get back to jacking off over sheep and fodling your dog...mmmmkay?
              :confused: ...the fuck are you on? LSD? EVH's sperm?
              Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Winston

The problem with Van Halen is that, admittedly, both browthers are brilliant musicians, and in that lies theri problem. Precisely because they know it, they assume that they can fool the fans buy putting out a new record in the hope that people buy their records because they're good. But what suckers like you miss is that the MUSIC itself is not good.

Comment

• Winston

No use putting up a few good licks in a song and you have some dumbo write lyrics like "put sugar in my coffee and butter on my biscuit" (or whatever) and making vaginas gestures on stage.

I mean, shit, Sammy is almost sixty years old and he still makes vaginas to male audiences who are old enough to have seen enough pussy not to worry about it for that time period they go to a rock show. I mean, how fucking silly can this Sammy guy get?

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                    Commando
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                    Nothing wrong with doing covers.
                    Sammy does them every night... albeit badly, but, he does them nonetheless.
                    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                      Commando
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by RogueHorseman
                      Sammy does them every night... albeit badly, but, he does them nonetheless.
                      and furthermore, Ed (self admittedly) can not even READ music himself.

Thus, he has never "written" a song in his life... he wings it, feels it, plays it, lays it down on demo tape... but, he can not write the notes he plays on paper. He can not construct a song pen to bar napkin.

Dave, and later Sammy, took his noodling, solos, to whatever degree "constructed" "songs" and added/substracted/rearranged to make them complete... adding much more to the end product than just lyrics.

Dave, by the way, CAN and DOES in fact WRITE music... note for note, pen to paper. And, for the sake of argument, so does Sammy.

If you don't think Dave (and again, Sam on his era stuff) had a MAJOR part in how the tunes were constructed then you are simply ignorant to the facts, or a blind fool.

I'd venture both, and then some.
                      Last edited by RogueHorseman; 07-27-2004, 03:47 PM.
                      <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Mezro
                        Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by evhfan
                        bri, bri, bri...you're just a stupid beach boy lover...what do you know about good music...get back to jacking off over sheep and fodling your dog...mmmmkay?
                        Step away from the crib while wearing a bib little evhfan.

Mezro...better to dig Brian Wilson than jack off to pictures of Flip Wilson, Pete Wilson and Ann Wilson...
                        Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• 55starfire
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Jun 2004

why do I have to read a 100 useless responses from "Evhfan" everytime I open up a thread on this site now- I am all about freedom of speech- and a few sammy/eddie fans to debate with intelligently is cool- but that guy is wasting bandwidth with his spam... Is there some kind of "ignore" function on the board?

Comment

• Warham
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

He's been terminated.

Comment

• 55starfire
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Jun 2004

thankyou sir- I (and many others I'm sure) appreciate it

Comment

• Warham
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Don't thank me. Sarge probably got rid of his ass.

I thank whoever did it as well.

He was a major cocksucker.

Now, let's get back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Comment

Working...