X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Ehhh, either way they ended up with a woman who ruined Van Halen.
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

There's the story. Nothing about her tits though.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by VAiN
        Maybe they should have asked Yoko Ono to sing with them.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

Actually she supposedly auditioned after Sammy quit/got fired. They were looking for a new female singer to replace the old one.
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• fraroc
            Commando
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by cadaverdog
            Maybe they should have asked Yoko Ono to sing with them.
            UNCHAINED YYYYIIIIIYIIYIYIYIYYYIIIIIAAAAAAAAAHHHOOOOOOAAAHUU AHHAUHAUHAUHUAAAAAAAAAAAHOUHAUAHAYHAOAHOHOHOHOHOOO HOHOHOHOHOHHOHOOH (orgasmic moans) HIT THE GROUND RUNNING YEAAAHHAHAHGHUGHUAHAUHAUHAUHUHAAAAAHUUHUHUA
            How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              Maybe it happened.... maybe it didn't. Though it's funny that Smyth has told this story several times now over the years, and yet she's the only one telling it.
              It was mentioned in the Musician magazine VH interview that ran just before 5150 came out.

Originally posted by Angel
              Sass Jordan was another female offered. She would've done it if the name wasn't Van Halen. She's a Roth Broad.
              But she wasn't offered the gig in 1985...

Originally posted by Mushroom
              Speaking of female rockers, I would have loved Pat Benatar.
              Benatar probably wouldn't have left Neil Giraldo behind.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• WARF's Vagina
                Banned
                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                Dave quit or the rest of the band decided he had to go? Never got a straight answer on that one. I've heard this before but I have some doubts about the Ferrari mechanic story. Dave and Sammy supposedly had a problem with each other in 78 at a concert in L A with Boston, Black Sabbath, VH and Hagar. The rumor I heard was Sammy was acting like he was the star and said something about VH being an opening act and Dave didn't like it. Ed and Alex probably sought him out just to piss Dave off and they certainly picked the right guy to do it. Too bad Wolfie wasn't born yet. He could have replaced Dave and Mikey on vocals and bass. I'm sure he has a lovely singing voice just like his daddy.
                roth and hagar prolly never gave each other a reacharound. sammy at least "turned" straight and went with the opposite sex.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Or at least they ended up with a person that had tits...

Comment

• Heater
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Nov 2010

Sammy Not First Choice For DAVE???

[QUOTE=Seshmeister;1827439]Sammy Hagar Wasn't Van Halen's First Choice

And in related and even more interesting news about our hero, our idol, our liver to the full hellion!!!

David Lee Roth was not the first choice to rejoin VH when Sammy left. Ouch, that smarts. David Lee
                    Roth wasn't even the second choice, and he knew the words!!! Yes, he forgot them at times, at times when he he being the "cool Dave" of yore up there, singing one of his intriquite vocal passes as only he could (in the studio, thanks to multiple takes auto tune and other studio wizardry, he sounded good! live? Well everyone gives his limited abilities a pass cause of the cool just running off this man.

So it appears Dave was 3 rd choice for rejoining his old band--God they must've REALLY wanted him!
                    To review, they wanted him OUT much more than they EVER wanted him in. I can see how knowing this could confuse an otherwise relaxing kayak ride. Doesnt that piss you off how little they wanted him?

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Here's a song with Ed & Scandal. 3 chord pop fluff with senseless flash showing up more often than not. There is no way in hell that she would have been able to touch a CVH song without utterly destroying it, however, if he worked with her instead of Spam and did 1 album under a different band name, it might have been more interesting than what they did with the king clown of shrill.
                        Last edited by DLR Bridge; 02-15-2014, 03:20 PM. Reason: Nice screen still of the video, huh? You can skip in 5, 4, 3...

Comment

• VAiN
                          Use my hand, I won't look
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by DLR Bridge

Here's a song with Ed & Scandal. 3 chord pop fluff with senseless flash showing up more often than not. There is no way in hell that she would have been able to touch a CVH song without utterly destroying it, however, if he worked with her instead of Spam and did 1 album under a different band name, it might have been more interesting than what they did with the king clown of shrill.
                          Ugh.. This just reenforces that unless Ed is in a band called Van Halen with a singer named Dave it just doesn't work.
                          Originally posted by wiseguy
                          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VHscraps
                            Veteran
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by DLR Bridge

Yeah, dead on. I think Ed was maybe just into her as a woman.

But that clip just reminds me that the more examples I hear of Ed playing with other people, the more I think he just can't play with other people! He always seems like he's in his own key or something. The Michael Jackson thing worked brilliantly, but he just laid down a solo and it was in the studio.

It's a weird thing, but I think without Alex, he's a bit lost really - I seem to remember reading that when he plays with VH what he has in his monitors is mostly Alex and a little bit of vocals. Alex is more of a jazzy cat as a drummer anyway - he's got a bit of swing, and doesn't sound like s straight rock or pop drummer much of the time. So this pop fluff stuff is a bit alien to Ed really.
                            THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              Sammy was however first choice when McDonalds were looking for a mascot. When he sneaked into Van Halen the role went to Ronald...

He's playing Up For Breakfast to promote the new egg McMuffin.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Heater
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Nov 2010

Its not that "Dave was the only choice" its more like "Dave was the only one left". But, he's back so, who cares if he was a back up choice to a back up choice. He is back mofos!

Comment

Working...