X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    Nah, she's disappointed me. She's nothing more than a doped up whore these days.
    Plus she lost her tour bus the other night...

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Is Miley burning up inside it?
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Sadly, neither she nor her father were aboard the bus when it went up in flames
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

What the?
          He seems like a fine young fella. He can't help who his parents are any more than any of us.

I thank him for turning a seemingly distant impossible dream into a different kind of truth.

Happy birthday Wolf! See ya's in 2016

Comment

• Zing!
            Veteran
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by ashstralia
            What the?
            He seems like a fine young fella. He can't help who his parents are any more than any of us.

I thank him for turning a seemingly distant impossible dream into a different kind of truth.

Happy birthday Wolf! See ya's in 2016
            Agree. It's some kind of miracle that Ed had a normal, well-adjusted, and responsible young man for a son. I don't really get the hate (especially after ADKOT) but whatever. Hope he had a great birthday!
            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
              Agree. It's some kind of miracle that Ed had a normal, well-adjusted, and responsible young man for a son. I don't really get the hate (especially after ADKOT) but whatever. Hope he had a great birthday!
              Some people only find happiness in belittling others...
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Those people would be the same ones bitching and moaning if Wolf HADN'T recommended getting DLR back, inevitably resulting in Bette's return....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  Those people would be the same ones bitching and moaning if Wolf HADN'T recommended getting DLR back, inevitably resulting in Bette's return....
                  ain't that the (different kind of) truth...well said...
                  Roth Army Icon
                  First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• katina
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2012

Happy belated Birthday Wolf !!! And thanks

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                      Some people only find happiness in belittling others...
                      I don't think that's really the case... there are some folks that prefer the sound, look and general vibe of Van Halen's music with Mike on bass in the rhythm section and backing vocals. That was a definitive standard for over 30 years in the band. Quite frankly... it was one of the few things that didn't need fixing or alteration.

While many have complained that Mike's bass playing was overly simplistic... I don't share that opinion. His playing was so well integrated with Al's drumming it provided a superior platform to showcase Ed's guitar work and Dave's unique vocal melodies.

This is an area where Wolfgang is clearly lacking... both due to lack of experience and poor melodic rhythm. While some say he's a more technical bass player... honestly I find his wanking around and unnecessary fills and fretboard slides muddy up the rhythm portion of many VH classics. That's bullshit immature show-boating not showmanship!! Also his over distorted bass amplification in the live environment... pretty much sucks and sounds terrible. He should leave the fancy shit to his father and concentrate on providing a clean, solid foundation in the rhythm section.

If you consider this belittling... so be it.
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

I don't like mikey any more when he talks I can smell spammy cock
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                          I don't like mikey any more when he talks I can smell spammy cock
                          Nah, Ed sucked Slappy's ding dong so much back in '86 that I don't think there was anything left.
                          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                            I don't think that's really the case... there are some folks that prefer the sound, look and general vibe of Van Halen's music with Mike on bass in the rhythm section and backing vocals. That was a definitive standard for over 30 years in the band. Quite frankly... it was one of the few things that didn't need fixing or alteration.

While many have complained that Mike's bass playing was overly simplistic... I don't share that opinion. His playing was so well integrated with Al's drumming it provided a superior platform to showcase Ed's guitar work and Dave's unique vocal melodies.

This is an area where Wolfgang is clearly lacking... both due to lack of experience and poor melodic rhythm. While some say he's a more technical bass player... honestly I find his wanking around and unnecessary fills and fretboard slides muddy up the rhythm portion of many VH classics. That's bullshit immature show-boating not showmanship!! Also his over distorted bass amplification in the live environment... pretty much sucks and sounds terrible. He should leave the fancy shit to his father and concentrate on providing a clean, solid foundation in the rhythm section.

If you consider this belittling... so be it.
                            Bravo! It's called integrity. No father with integrity stabs a loyal band member in the back so his son can be in the band. Michael Anthony is a professional musician. The dude can read music and plays several other instruments. He can sing. If people think all Mike ever did was thump the big E string through an Ampeg they are fucked. There is some great bass playing on Fair Warning.

With Ed in the band you don't need some hot shot Flea type bass player. Mike was perfect for Van Halen and Van Halen would be so much better if Mike was still in the band.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                              Nah, Ed sucked Slappy's ding dong so much back in '86 that I don't think there was anything left.
                              So it was Sammy splooge that rotted out Ed's mouth. I thought it was meth but now we know.

Comment

• CVH Rulz
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jun 2005

#fun! “@BesoHollywood: Last night at #besohollywood: Happy Birthday, @WolfVanHalen!  @Wolfiesmom #eddievanhalen pic.twitter.com/xZyF0wLciA”— Valerie Bertinelli (@Wolfiesmom) March 21, 2014

Comment

Working...