New VH Album And Tour or Box Set DVD's Of Old Shows?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

A DVD-CD box set mix would suit me. Old live stuff with the mighty glorious sound VH delivered on stage. I've grown tired of the stifled sound of most bootlegs.

I agree with Von's statement about Dave's voice though it hurts... WTF happened between 2008 and 2012? Dave delivered so much in 2007-08, his singing definitely made it, spot on, fully in tune. How badly that was missed during the ADKoT Tour...

I'd be delighted with another album, but it seems it's either a DVD and/or a CD box set that's in the works, but you never know - let's hope it isn't just a new flip-flop collection.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

I'd really like the old shit.

If they tour, then great - I'm pretty sure, however, that they'll not come to Europe so for purely selfish reasons I voted for the boxset.
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

You know what if we had of played this game in 2007 or before we got wind of the album we would have been miles out.....
        Using that logic they could have anything planned .
        Judge them harshly ....please do .
        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'd love to see a live box set.... CD's, DVD's, or both.

We know some quality video was shot, and those masters have to exist somewhere (We finally know who has the US Festival..that historical archive, or whatever it is.)

Quality audio recordings..... it's surprisingly disappointing how very few soundboard recordings exist of a band that has been around for 40 years. Maybe the band has a few stashed away in a vault and somehow they never leaked out. Surely the tapes must exist somewhere for the live album that was supposed to be released in 1982.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Don't mind if I do...

EVH can play better these days but his tone pretty much sucks...

Dave sucks live, but he still sounds pretty good on record...

He sounded awesome live though in 2007, go figure...

Wolfie is a fair player and a decent backup singer, but his distorted bass tones just plain sucks...

Alex is still good but he doesn't play the old songs correctly...

There...

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
              I'd love to see a live box set.... CD's, DVD's, or both.

We know some quality video was shot, and those masters have to exist somewhere (We finally know who has the US Festival..that historical archive, or whatever it is.)

Quality audio recordings..... it's surprisingly disappointing how very few soundboard recordings exist of a band that has been around for 40 years. Maybe the band has a few stashed away in a vault and somehow they never leaked out. Surely the tapes must exist somewhere for the live album that was supposed to be released in 1982.
              I'm happy with the existing bootleg stuff...

Who gives a fuck if a cleaner version exists in an EVH vault ??

I'd only be interested in something I haven't heard before...

Comment

• VAiN
                Use my hand, I won't look
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I think as a marker for their place in history they need to release a proper DVD/Blu-Ray of Classic™ VH.. It's a crime against all that does not suck that there isn't something out there for the 'kids' to reference VH with other than 2 shitty commercial releases with the fat clown. Release that Oakland 81, Fresno 78 or anything from 78-81 and watch the jaws drop.
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

I sort of agree, but I think it's a bit too late...

Van Halen (the now classic version) isn't really the big deal it could have been...

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Apr 2005

Never happen.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Hmmm...

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Apr 2005

I just don't think they give a fuck. Hope I'm wrong. I mean how out of touch are they ? What was up with Dave and that last Best Of he just put out of his solo stuff ? What a waste of time.
                        Last edited by 78/84 guy; 04-18-2014, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                          Who gives a fuck if a cleaner version exists in an EVH vault ??

I'd only be interested in something I haven't heard before...

I do. I give a fuck about it. VH was awesome on stage until 84, they gave awesome gigs in 2007/08 too, their performances deserve adequately awesome releases.
                          But I agree with you about new stuff being most worthy.
                          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

You know, I always think ADKOT when properly presented (sans Tattoo) is almost 100% great, besides the muddy recording...

What happened ??

Did EVH refuse to sign in blood this time around ??

Interscope records could have made good money on that record...

Tattoo still sucks but the rest of the album stands well above 1984 and Diver Down in every way...

Excepting Michael Anthony, of course...

But you know...

Dave and Edwad especially have surprised us time and again...

I think they're more than capable of another good album...

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                              I think as a marker for their place in history they need to release a proper DVD/Blu-Ray of Classic™ VH.. It's a crime against all that does not suck that there isn't something out there for the 'kids' to reference VH with other than 2 shitty commercial releases with the fat clown. Release that Oakland 81, Fresno 78 or anything from 78-81 and watch the jaws drop.
                              Can't put it any better than you did!
                              Last edited by Jérôme Frenchise; 04-18-2014, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                                What was up with Dave and that last Best Of he just put out of his solo stuff ? What a waste of time.
                                I don't think Dave had anything to do with that...

i think it's the label and the contract I'm assuming he signed...

Comment

Working...