New VH Album And Tour or Box Set DVD's Of Old Shows?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Never was
    Foot Soldier
    • May 2012

Originally posted by Von Halen
    11-9 right now, no pun intended.

I can't believe ONE person would take a new album and tour over a Blu-Ray box set of the old shows. My guess would be, those 9 never saw the real Van Halen live in front of their naked steaming eyes.
    You would be wrong. Saw em about 20 times FW - 1984 tours.
    The act of creation is always where the charge is otherwise you end up like Kiss who I am a huge fan of but essentially has become a parody of themselves. I want to see them still creating and making it. I know what they were like, I was there, I want see what they still can do.
    Living life like it is over and looking only backwards is a quitters way to live and fucking boring. Rather climb a new mountain. Guys that were the stud in high school and losers the rest of their life always like to live like it is still high school. Fuck that rather burn up in flames trying new shit.

Just to clarify that loser rest of their life comment is my general view not a meant to be a shot at you Von.
    Last edited by Never was; 04-20-2014, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• thismusicsux
      Full On Cocktard
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by VAiN
      I think as a marker for their place in history they need to release a proper DVD/Blu-Ray of Classic™ VH.. It's a crime against all that does not suck that there isn't something out there for the 'kids' to reference VH with other than 2 shitty commercial releases with the fat clown. Release that Oakland 81, Fresno 78 or anything from 78-81 and watch the jaws drop.
      Agree 100%. It's really incomprehensible (EVEN after all these years knowing how they ignore their past)...that there isn't a proper DVD of VAN HALEN in their glory years -- Live DVD is well overdue. And is needed to document their legend in rock history. People years from now will only have half-assed bootlegs to look at -- or dvds w Sammy! But it is doubtful since that would require something with MA be released. Dunno, maybe Ed is ready to overlook that for a minute.

From Dave's show w the (2) 1984 b-roll/clips thrown in...I get the feeling it could be a 1984 special reissue of some sort. Maybe it includes some live footage, but who knows with them!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Never was
        The act of creation is always where the charge is otherwise you end up like Kiss who I am a huge fan of but essentially has become a parody of themselves. I want to see them still creating and making it. I know what they were like, I was there, I want see what they still can do.
        Living life like it is over and looking only backwards is a quitters way to live and fucking boring. Rather climb a new mountain. Guys that were the stud in high school and losers the rest of their life always like to live like it is still high school. Fuck that rather burn up in flames trying new shit.

Just to clarify that loser rest of their life comment is my general view not a meant to be a shot at you Von.
        Absolutely fantastic post.

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          I thought gunt meant Angel...
          Seriously... it's Fab (Fabulous Shadow).

Never settle for a second-hand copy or clone from some 3rd rate other country. Nothin beats the original!!
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I wouldn't count on much from VH... They appear to be busy on some important projects. Most recent update on FB...

So I finally went to the groomers for a much needed haircut. Unfortunately, my skin is so sensitive I acquired razor burn and then needed to go to the vet for some spray and a "helmet". But its all good, and a "cigar" was worth the trauma.

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

Just seen that on twatter
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

This place gets any deader it's gonna start decomposing...

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  It's Easter double zz it's coming back from the dead
                  fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Zing!
                    Veteran
                    • Oct 2011

New =VH= album in less than a year. I have a hunch things will start picking up eventually.
                    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Never was
                      Foot Soldier
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      Start?

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Never was

Great point but....I have seen what VH can do lately...not much..I love ADKOT..love it..but they only wrote what, four songs and reworked old stuff for the rest..it was great because the old stuff became new.Thats what a dvd would do for me..you havent seen many quality clips of Live CVH..A new disc of 10-12 tunes would be awesome...but the show will be just like the last two..couple new songs followed by the same songs every night..boring..gimme CVH on a dvd over a new lp if thats the only choice..as Va said, why not both.

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                          Great point but....I have seen what VH can do lately...not much..I love ADKOT..love it..but they only wrote what, four songs and reworked old stuff for the rest..it was great because the old stuff became new.Thats what a dvd would do for me..you havent seen many quality clips of Live CVH..A new disc of 10-12 tunes would be awesome...but the show will be just like the last two..couple new songs followed by the same songs every night..boring..gimme CVH on a dvd over a new lp if thats the only choice..as Va said, why not both.
                          According to Dave, the only new song was "Stay Frosty", and he wrote that.

Like you, I LOVE ADKOT. But the tour performances were good, not great.

How about a new album in the box set of old live shows?

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Just realized it was two years ago today a few of us saw the Greensboro show..

Comment

• thismusicsux
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              According to Dave, the only new song was "Stay Frosty", and he wrote that.

Like you, I LOVE ADKOT. But the tour performances were good, not great.

How about a new album in the box set of old live shows?
                              Ahh. Now that sounds like an idea. Boxset of old live/rarities. Plus new album or even EP to go with it.

Comment

• Silexxx
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Sep 2010

Yeah something like this new Zeppelin thing would be cool.

Comment

Working...