Who came first, Sammy or Dave?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guwapo_rocker

Dave was the only Van Halen front man EVER!!!

Comment

• tjvhou812
      Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

diver down was the album that got me goin on vh....

and from there i just went and got every vh album made...

and diver down is my leaste favorite....

vh 1 is the best cd ever
      Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• throatrocket
        Groupie
        • Jun 2004

At the tender age of ten, I was like everyone else. "If it wasnt KISS it sucked." I knew for a fact Ace was the best guitarist in the world. I actually had a fight with some kid at the summer rec. hall when he expained how some Van Halen loser smoked my man. The nerve of that guy........Some time later, I listened to VH I over at my cousins house..*?~!!!**??... . . .Oh my. I really hated those guys for about two days. But then "Fuck kiss they blow". Now here I sit on this site that I wish had never had a reason to be. Sorry guys. I love ya. Its a dirty job and you do so well. Dont you miss the good old rumor mill back in 99!

Comment

• Dan
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

1984 was the first Album I listen to when my sister brought it when she was 14 years old,so been hooked on Van Halen since.
          Long Live David Lee Roth.
          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by moose
            From the first time I heard "RWTD" back in 78' when my cousins brought the disk to my house. I have hated van halen since 86'(except
            96) when they brought the fuckin cheesehead in.....................
            Long LIVE CLASSIC VAN FUCKIN HALEN!
            Metallica says: OBEY YOUR MOOSE-TER! MOOSE-TER!...moose-ter.....moooooose-terrrrr

I heard/saw the video for 'You Really Got Me' in 1978 and it scared the shit outta me so badly that between the beginning of Pink Floyd's Time and VH's You Really Got Me, I seriously had nightmares with those two songs 'haunting' me (for lack of a better word). I was one scared 8 yr old! I ended up getting the VH 1 cassette much later as a birthday present.
            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• MUSICMANN
              Sniper
              • Apr 2004

Classic VH baby, I was 10 yrs. old, big bro had the 8 track of VH1 And ever since then my life was forever changed. I don't see how anyone that is 30 yrs. old or older and grew up listening to classic VH could even compare the two and like the line up that has been going on since 86. How can anyone look at a old clip of VH and say, wow those guys sucked with Dave at the helm, and on the other hand look at the concert clips with Sammy and think, man now they are a real band. It's like a night and day differance. The attitude and overall production of the show back then and now is astonishing.

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
                Sniper
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Snow Ho
                the sammy years when fuck came out (i was about 12)which is probably why i hated van halen for the longest time. then i heard some songs off 1984 and realized so this is why everyone likes vh
                Great post.

Comment

• AJW
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jun 2004

1980 for me. Classic VH all the way.

Comment

• moose
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by moose
                    From the first time I heard "RWTD" back in 78' when my cousins brought the disk to my house. I have hated van halen since 86'(except
                    96) when they brought the fuckin cheesehead in.....................
                    Long LIVE CLASSIC VAN FUCKIN HALEN!
                    Believe it or not I remember this day like it was yesterday........ my fuckin life changed, I truly became Van Halenized!

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

I was 10 in 1978. I remember hearing the VH version of "YOU REALLY GOT ME" and being totaly blown away. Not long after, I heard the Kinks version and thought"Why did these guys mess up that GREAT song?" From day1 I knew that this was the greatest band I would ever here.......and I haven't been proven wrong YET!

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Thought the first album was great when it first came out, but really became harcore in 79'.

Comment

• tobinentinc
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Apr 2004

I'm 17 so I really haven't had to the chance to get into either era when they came out. So, me and my buddy both bought BOV 1 and only listened to the Roth era tunes. Never forget actually discovering the Dave ones at the end. I didn't get past track 8 with out repeating.
                          http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...hics/sines.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...m/kissarmy.jpg http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...ve/vhlogo1.gif

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                            Veteran
                            • Jul 2004

Well i guess im not a long time Van Halen fan considering that ive only been a fan for about a little over a year. Im 16 now and ive always been a Dave fan. I listened to all his stuff first. Since then i have every Vh album with dave. People may think i hardly know anythin about original VH because of my age, but its quite the opposite. Ive read so much shit on them you couldnt imagine. So im proud to say that im a complete dave fan

Comment

• rockvanhalen66
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Jun 2004

been a vh fan since 78 and on....great band.....
                              long live van halen

Comment

• Cathedral
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Fans of both eras can live in harmony as long as YOU PUSSIFIED HAGAR FANS realize which side your bread is buttered on, and WHO the fuck buttered it for you.

The man with the knife is Diamond David Lee Roth.

Learn it, Know it, Live it..........

Peace

Comment

Working...