X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
    My next door neighbor is a Roto Rooter guy. We were outside shooting the shit this morning and he starts telling me he did a job for Diamond Dave yesterday. I'm not sure he's not confusing Eddie with Dave because he's not a Van Halen fan. He said the house was on Coldwater Canyon just south of Ventura Blvd. I think that's Eddie's house. Last I heard Dave lived in Pasadena. He said the person who let him in said don't mention Sammy Hagar's name if anyone other than him talked to him. He said there's a guest house in the back that's been converted into a studio. Someone was in that studio playing Van Halen music but he didn't get close enough to actually see who it was. That's all there is to the story but I thought it was interesting enough to mention considering the lack of news from the Van Halen camp nowdays.
    Ed lives on Coldwater Canyon road. The road that goes up to his place is kind of trashy. It's on a hair pin curve and they have cement barricades to keep people from cutting across. There's no fancy landscaping. Just an old chain link fence, some mail boxes, and garbage cans. The road goes up a hill to where I'm sure is a gate and it get's nicer up there I'm sure. It's just down the hill from Muholland on the Studio City (north) side of the hill.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      Ed lives on Coldwater Canyon road. The road that goes up to his place is kind of trashy. It's on a hair pin curve and they have cement barricades to keep people from cutting across. There's no fancy landscaping. Just an old chain link fence, some mail boxes, and garbage cans. The road goes up a hill to where I'm sure is a gate and it get's nicer up there I'm sure. It's just down the hill from Muholland on the Studio City (north) side of the hill.
      I didn't make it out there last night but I plan on taking a trip through there this coming weekend. Last weekend I checked out places Jim Morrison lived or hung out at. I became interested after taking one of those Star Tours last summer. They went by a couple places Morrison frequented. I'm also interested in the Morrison/ Manson connection. I think Jim had good reason to fear Manson if those stories are true. Manson got around. He ran a bogus talent agency in Hollywood that was a front for prostitution before he was a hippy guru.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• mh5150
        Foot Soldier
        • Mar 2010

Ed and his wife just had a new house built and are moving in soon. No word what's gonna happen to 5150. Maybe Wolf will stay in the old house.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• VHscraps
          Veteran
          • Jul 2009

I didn't make it out there last night but I plan on taking a trip through there this coming weekend. Last weekend I checked out places Jim Morrison lived or hung out at. I became interested after taking one of those Star Tours last summer. They went by a couple places Morrison frequented. I'm also interested in the Morrison/ Manson connection. I think Jim had good reason to fear Manson if those stories are true. Manson got around. He ran a bogus talent agency in Hollywood that was a front for prostitution before he was a hippy guru.
          Maybe Ed should rent out that spare pool house, or whatever he has in the backyard there. Make a change from flogging new configurations of The Stripes™...

I almost went insane last year and rented THIS PLACE apparently an apartment Jim Morrison lived in.

Not that I am a huge fan, but I just wanted to go to Southern California for a few weeks to get away, and I just came across this looking at apartment rentals. £1,490 for a calendar month.

Not a bad price.
          THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

I talked to my neighbor again today. He said the house has been being renovated for over a year and they've gone through several contractors. He's not sure if the house is occupied or not. He was there to fix a broken pipe under the driveway that's part of the sprinkler system. He gave them an estimate but as far as he knows they haven't called back yet.
            All I know for sure is somebody was in the studio playing Van Halen music the day he went there. Does that mean anything? Who knows.
            Last edited by cadaverdog; 05-11-2014, 10:14 PM.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by VHscraps
              Maybe Ed should rent out that spare pool house, or whatever he has in the backyard there. Make a change from flogging new configurations of The Stripes™...

I almost went insane last year and rented THIS PLACE apparently an apartment Jim Morrison lived in.

Not that I am a huge fan, but I just wanted to go to Southern California for a few weeks to get away, and I just came across this looking at apartment rentals. £1,490 for a calendar month.

Not a bad price.
              You can take a tour of the property and here some stories about Morrison and his girlfriend Pamela Courson but you have to call the owner first. She knew the apartment was Jim and Pamelas last residence before they moved to Paris in 71 when she bought in 2003. Jim didn't live like the rock star he was. I'm not even sure he owned anything before he died. He lived in a hotel for years too. You can rent the room he lived in for $75 bucks a night but it's not in a real nice part of town. There's still stuff Morrison wrote on the walls as well as a bunch of other crap people have scribbled on it since Jim moved out.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

All I know for sure is somebody was in the studio playing Van Halen music the day he went there. Does that mean anything? Who knows.
                Hmmmm not exactly a wild leap of logic... Standing on Howdy Doody Mountain™ in the middle of Van Halen central with Van Halen music being played... Ya figure there may have been a Van Halen or three in the studio??

Why is it the grumpy old fart around here can remember little details from 5 months ago and you punk-ass youngsters can't recall a damn thing to save your miserable lives..??

From Sept 30, 2013...

Rocker Eddie Van Halen is suing a building contractor over allegations of shoddy work at his Los Angeles home. The Van Halen star claims workers left a string of problems in their wake after they were hired to remodel his home in 2008. In a lawsuit filed on Monday (30Sep13), Van Halen accuses them of causing damage to his roof, chimney, gutters and elevator shaft. The main issue, the suit claims, is a lack of waterproofing, which has caused mold damage throughout the house. He claims he has paid out more than $1 million (£666,000) and now is seeking repayment, along with interest.
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

News from Sockfucker is no news at all. You dufuses.

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

If cactus is cacti then dufus is dufi
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

If dumbasses is dumbfucks then dufuses are assholes.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Kristy
                        If dumbasses is dumbfucks then dufuses are assholes.
                        I see smartasses are still smartasses too. Excuse me for posting Van Halen stuff on a fucking David Lee Roth site. Maybe I should stick to making posts about "GHEY" bullshit. If you don't like my posts don't read them. Sounds simple enough even for a moron like you Krusty.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

You didn't post anything except some guy heard somebody playing Van Halen music, but "he didn't get close enough to actually see who it was."

Big stinkin' deal...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Nice post Elvis. Too bad I can't see it. If I could put Krusty crotch on ignore I'd do it in a second. I either forgot how I did it or ignore's no longer available.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Angel
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                              You didn't post anything except some guy heard somebody playing Van Halen music, but "he didn't get close enough to actually see who it was."

Big stinkin' deal...

Still more interesting than some of your "preaching" posts...

He's making small talk, nothing wrong with that...
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Well, if you gotta go on the internet for small talk, you got problems...

Comment

Working...