Another VH 'hearing" in a strange place.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
    I want to know how you came to hear VH in jail.
    It's not exciting.

Got in a fight outside a restaurant/bar, got locked up, proceeded to pass out once they put me in my cell and I woke up at about 4 in the morning. Hung over as hell. And while I'm remembering where I am and why, I hear 1984 coming from down the cell block. This was in the old county jail. Really old jail, really shitty place to wake up. Anyway, I hear 1984 and I'm thinking "you have got to be kidding me". And sure enough, there's a kid two cells down who's got a little jam box and he's blaring the cassette, loud as it will go. Seems he was awaiting transfer to the prison in Raleigh, once he hit 18. One of the guards came in about halfway through the first side and made him turn it down. And that was that.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DONNIEP
      In jail.
      I usually hear Johnny Cash when I'm locked up.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Southpaw
        Roadie
        • Jan 2009

I heard " Beats Workin" as they were showing highlights of the first half of a New York Knicks game. I thought at the time how did they get the rights to play that or who would even know that song and get approval to play it. I dont know anything about that process but I did hear it. I also heard "Right Now" right before the first draft pick in the NFL Draft. Which was even weirder because I thought all songs from that "error" were forgotten about. Dont be gettin all offended Sammy lovers this is a DLR website.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
          Oh same 'ole same 'ole. Sucks but I'm used to it by now. Thanks for asking.
          Maybe you should try some sort of suspension.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
            Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I've tried that before and it did work pretty well. I don't know if it would still work.

Oh dear.

Comment

Working...