• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    They're saving that for when Ed and Al retire and Wolfie carries on the Mighty Van Halen name!! Oh man, it's gonna be glorious! It'll be just like when Van Halen first hit the scene!
    Oh no doubt! Today he's backing up the guy from creed - tomorrow the world!
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VetteLS5
      Commando
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
      adminazi
      Ahem... it's adminitator.

nutswing.gif

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

We're all old and it still feels like a ridiculous amount of time between albums so for Ed's son it must surely seem like a lifetime.

Does anyone else remember all the discussion back in the day about Def Leppard and the unprecedented ludicrous amount of time it took them to follow up Pyromania?

It was 4 years and someones arm got ripped off.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister

It was 4 years and someones arm got ripped off.
          Speaking of, whatever happened to Rick Allen's Left Arm? That arm was quite a prominent poster at one time.

Comment

• wolfsbane
            Roadie
            • Jan 2005

Here Is my take:

Dave is working on a secret project - whatever the F that is - and I bet Eddie does not like how it is coming out.

They are also working on a new album - and that, according to Ed-in-the-head, is not going the way Ed wants. Ed's got the 10-year itch -where he can"t work with a lead singer for more than 10 years.

So, what does Dave do? Exactly what he did when there was problems with putting out ADKOT - he starts talking about the album he made with John Lowrey.

So now, one of two things will happen. VH and Dave will split and we get the California sessions album or Ed get back on his meds and talks to his shrink and the new VH album comes out next year.

F-ing drama queens.

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Von Halen
              Who said anything about Dave sounding like he did on the first few albums?
              It said he sang in the same style as I, II and WACF in the first post. I don't know who wrote the article because I didn't follow the link. It doesn't sound like the general public will hear this album any time soon if at all.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Silexxx
                'Cause I always go over to his house and we write music and things like that. It's a lot of fun.
                See Edwad ??

It's OK...

You can go on over to Dave's house...

He won't bite...

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                  Veteran
                  • Jun 2005

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                  They're saving that for when Ed and Al retire and Wolfie carries on the Mighty Van Halen name!! Oh man, it's gonna be glorious! It'll be just like when Van Halen first hit the scene!
                  No way. Wolfie has been slated to take Gene's place in Kiss. Remember...there would be no Van Halen if it weren't for Gene so Ed had to promise him his first son.
                  RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                  LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Why the hell would Dave have contractual restrictions for releasing solo material outside of VH at this phase..?

Nothing stopping Ed from doing solo work with minorities... The Bass Player Jr™ is in two bands...

Makes no sense...
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      Why the hell would Dave have contractual restrictions for releasing solo material outside of VH at this phase..?

Nothing stopping Ed from doing solo work with minorities... The Bass Player Jr™ is in two bands...

Makes no sense...
                      Because Ed said so. Duh.
                      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                        Veteran
                        • Jun 2005

Maybe it is contractual in the sense that because Dave and John are on different labels they would have to figure out what label they would release it under. I hope Dave didn't have to sign some kind of no compete type of contract in order to get back with VH. If that were the case it would make the brothers look silly.
                        RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                        LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                          it would make the brothers look silly.
                          Like there's no precedent for that...
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

It's just nuts... I mean the Eagles catalog hasn't been harmed and they let Joe Walsh release killer solo records with songs about gettin a fish bone stuck in your throat... Plus the Eagles are a bigger bunch of wussies than the Dutch Pricks...
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                              It's just nuts... I mean the Eagles catalog hasn't been harmed and they let Joe Walsh release killer solo records with songs about gettin a fish bone stuck in your throat... Plus the Eagles are a bigger bunch of wussies than the Dutch Pricks...
                              They probably justify that by the fact that Joe was an established solo artist (as well as known for his work in the James Gang) before he joined the Eagles.

But then, the Eagles never really looked at solo projects as a threat to the band anyway. They were playing Joe's "solo" songs like "Life's Been Good" and "All Night Long" on Eagles tours in the 70s, and now they play Henley & Frey's solo material in their sets.

On the other hand, I don't ever see Keith Richards playing any of his "Xpensive Winos" material on a Stones tour, and he damn sure isn't interested in backing up Mick while he sings something from "Primitive Cool". The biggest irony of all is that they let Billy Preston (not even an official band member) sing a couple of his hits on the 1975/76 tour....

Eddie let Hagar sing some of his crap songs on the Van Hagar tours, but would he let Dave sing "Yankee Rose", "Going Crazy" or "Slam Dunk" (just went with the three most obvious songs there, because they sound like Van Halen songs). I imagine the tradeoff there would be Dave would have to sing a couple Van Hagar songs to "balance it out" and that's never going to happen. Not that Ed seems to have too much interest in that cheddar drenched material anyway. Arguably he wasn't interested in it in 2004 either, which is why he was in such a regrettable state of mind on that tour.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Dave releasing a solo project has no impact on VH's live shows. The whole thing is retarded. If John 5 says it's due to "contractual issues" with Dave/VH then I'm inclined to believe it. Again, it all comes down to ED wanting to be in control. I wonder just how many years he spent, drunk out of his mind, staggering around his back yard having arguments with Imaginary Dave. And now he can do it for real - tell Dave how it's gonna be and that's that.
                                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...