X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
    really? you like? I love Daves voice, but the synths are overwhelming I think.
    Dave's voice is just awesome on that. He could have sang it in that horrible Steve Perry style, but instead he came up with something totally Dave-like. A lot of people also hate SKYSCRAPER, but that album has grown to be one of my favorites. Every time I heard KNUCKLEBONES, I get shivers. It's great.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Big Troubles
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Feb 2004

Yeah Id choose I'll Wait over Jump. What about you Pete? Jump was over done no? Its classic, but uninspiraring.... "I'll meet you half the way"... I can think of worse lyrics by Hagar. lol I like most of the guitar work on the 4 songs I mentioned from 5150. Get Up especially.
      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

Hmmm... Skyscraper the album has a few stinkers on it. Sorry guys. lol The title track itself, was too poppy. (creative, just too computer-ish) and Damn Good, I think, is one of the worst songs Ive ever heard Dave sing. Actually, its not so much his voice as the song itself. Cant like it at all.
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Yeah Id choose I'll Wait over Jump. What about you Pete? Jump was over done no? Its classic, but uninspiraring.... "I'll meet you half the way"... I can think of worse lyrics by Hagar. lol I like most of the guitar work on the 4 songs I mentioned from 5150. Get Up especially.
          Musically GET UP sounds like it could have come off of WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST...which is awesome. But the guitar tone I don't like. I really wish they released karaoke versions of the three songs I like on that CD...then I wouldn't have to hear the "Get up and make it work" screaming. But you're right...the guitar work and solo are good.
          Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Hmmm... Skyscraper the album has a few stinkers on it. Sorry guys. lol The title track itself, was too poppy. (creative, just too computer-ish) and Damn Good, I think, is one of the worst songs Ive ever heard Dave sing. Actually, its not so much his voice as the song itself. Cant like it at all.
            Wow. I love DAMN GOOD! I think it's one of Dave's best-ever-songs. Steve Vai really proved his talent on this one. But hey, fans always have a different take on everything.

Favorite Dave solo-album, BT?
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Big Troubles
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Feb 2004

Thats a hard one. Id go with EEAS for creativity but for a hard rockin fav, Id say DLR Band.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

I want to hear an original album with Dave using Brian Young on guitar. The guy is amazing. He does Ed better than Ed does Ed.

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Thats a hard one. Id go with EEAS for creativity but for a hard rockin fav, Id say DLR Band.
                  Spot on. Exactly how I feel. But I must say I really like SKYSCRAPER.

You know the only Dave album I really don't like except for a couple of songs is A LIL AIN'T ENOUGH. I just don't really like that album at all. This one is TOTALLY over-produced and just doesn't have enough good material. I really think Dave should have let Becker write more material on it.
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

I want to hear an original album with Dave using Brian Young on guitar. The guy is amazing. He does Ed better than Ed does Ed.
                    I've heard the boots. That would be awesome.

Of course, is Dave ever going to truly follow up DLR BAND?
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Big Troubles
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Feb 2004

Well, I think ego got in the way. Dave had and still has, a hard time letting someone else contribute more than a small share of effort to anything Dave stamps his name on to. Can't really blame him though. When "it" goes #1, it will be all Dave! lol Jason was a very creative guy too. So is Kilgore. ALAE is overproduced, and used too much whistles and bells for my liking too, but his voice sounded good to me, where as some people say thats when his voice started to lose its scream. I dunno. I think the timing of the album was horrible too.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                        I've heard the boots. That would be awesome.

Of course, is Dave ever going to truly follow up DLR BAND?
                        Id have to say... NO. I think David has gracefuly bowed out of the music biz for a short while if not indefinatley. We may hear more songs, but I dont think we'll ever get a VH reunion or another original solo album... sadly. I think Dave is happy doing the EMT training. Few shows here and there. Maybe more tv? Maybe has a girlfriend of the serious kind? But either way, I think we have all but heard the last of an original full album.

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

God, I hope you're wrong. But I don't argue with your reasoning. I guess Dave figures that he really has nothing left to prove.
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

Thats what I think too. If he does anything musically, it wont be to prove anything or to sell out arenas. Just to make music and have fun. Hell I think he's been doing that for a few years now.

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Well, the only way we'll probably see our hero ON TOP again would be a reunion. And after seeing the state that band is in now, I don't know how ON TOP they could be. '96 was it...the only chance. September '96 seriously bummed me out. I couldn't believe how much it upset me. And all the time I was trying to tell myself, "It's just a fucking band." But I was hoping for a Van Halen reunion more than any other band in history. John Lennon was dead. John Bonham was dead. Only one band in history could TRULY reunite.

Now, to me, Eddie Van Halen is fucking dead too.
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Thank Christ...a Roth conversation....Hey Rikk...it's time you turned the Sheep Pen back into what it was built for...or I'm going to move it to the dump....

good convo here...
                                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Working...