X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    Thank Christ...a Roth conversation....Hey Rikk...it's time you turned the Sheep Pen back into what it was built for...or I'm going to move it to the dump....

good convo here...
    always good convo, when the convo is about Roth.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
      Well, the only way we'll probably see our hero ON TOP again would be a reunion. And after seeing the state that band is in now, I don't know how ON TOP they could be. '96 was it...the only chance. September '96 seriously bummed me out. I couldn't believe how much it upset me. And all the time I was trying to tell myself, "It's just a fucking band." But I was hoping for a Van Halen reunion more than any other band in history. John Lennon was dead. John Bonham was dead. Only one band in history could TRULY reunite.

Now, to me, Eddie Van Halen is fucking dead too.
      Ed just needs some inspiration. Dave is that inspiration. Sure they may not get along, but I think they are competitive, and that truly comes out in the music. I hear Dave sing, then Ed rips away on the guitar, then Dave fires back, then Ed. Fair Warning was totally competitive between Ed and Dave. Theres no threat with Sam, the back up singer or the skins beater. Ed needs Dave and Dave enjoys Ed.
      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
        I want to hear an original album with Dave using Brian Young on guitar. The guy is amazing. He does Ed better than Ed does Ed.
        Fuck yeah man. Let's get a VH reunion out of our heads........if it happens, GREAT! But how realistic is it at this point? An original Roth album is where it's at, followed up by a tour that features A LOT more solo material.

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Thank Christ...a Roth conversation....Hey Rikk...it's time you turned the Sheep Pen back into what it was built for...or I'm going to move it to the dump....

good convo here...
          POJO...I swear that I will try my damn hardest to put the Sheep Pen back on track. We will do our best to avoid any spamming from the two or three posters that have been doing so. And we'll get back on track.

You have my word.

Now let's talk Mr. Roth.
          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
            Fuck yeah man. Let's get a VH reunion out of our heads........if it happens, GREAT! But how realistic is it at this point? An original Roth album is where it's at, followed up by a tour that features A LOT more solo material.
            Yeah, but he keeps passing up that chance. DLR BAND would have kicked so much ass live. I would have paid $100 to see him just perform that album live in its entirety with maybe just a quick encore of MEAN STREET, ROMEO DELIGHT and YANKEE ROSE. Now that would be a Roth show! He never even tried out LITTLE TEXAS live. That would have kicked major fucking ass!!!
            Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• redblkwht
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
              Thats a hard one. Id go with EEAS for creativity but for a hard rockin fav, Id say DLR Band.
              See i agree totally with ya there
              dude, dead on primed for the 2000 5 finger knuckle shuffle
              by the VH goofs..
              DLR band cd rocked period.

EUAS

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by redblkwht
                See i agree totally with ya there
                dude, dead on primed for the 2000 5 finger knuckle shuffle
                by the VH goofs..
                DLR band cd rocked period.
                LITTLE TEXAS, my friend. Roth's greatest moment since leaving Van Halen IMO (and he's had MANY great moments).
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

• redblkwht
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

My fav's are tight & goin places..simply showed DLR's versatility..
                  honorable mention for me was the right tool for the job.
                  I still dig the dave blues.

EUAS

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Yeah, but he keeps passing up that chance. DLR BAND would have kicked so much ass live. I would have paid $100 to see him just perform that album live in its entirety with maybe just a quick encore of MEAN STREET, ROMEO DELIGHT and YANKEE ROSE. Now that would be a Roth show! He never even tried out LITTLE TEXAS live. That would have kicked major fucking ass!!!
                    He's ignoring so many GREAT solo tunes on his last few tours.........of course we want to hear him tear it up on the classic VH tunes, but let's get a shitload of solo tunes in that setlist Dave!

Comment

• YankeeRose

I used to think this was an alias. But not a fucking chance.

This idiot is a sheep to the extreme (no pun intended). And I have to say, I don't really get BAD COMPANY. They had a few good songs, but basically they were radio rock...the first hints of bad arena rock that rose out of the late 70s. But even they were brilliant compared to Van Hagar or fucking Hagar solo.

It's amazing how your twenties roll on and a lot of CDs you own seem useless. I can't believe how much I used to like PUMP or GET A GRIP. Now I can realize why an unproduced garage album like NIGHT IN THE RUTS is actually much, much better.

Great day in the mornin' sweetheart...you are so far off base....POJO is the farthest thing from a sheep that the army has to offer. Perhaps you accusations against him reflect your own insecurities. Trust me when I say this...99.9% of us will stand behind his word over yours any day!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

LMFAO...thanks for the defense Rose...but that wasn't directed at me...it was directed at a "True Van Halen" fan...

you know...one of those idiots that think riding the fence is the best way to go...

back up through the thread...you'll see what I mean...

Trust me...Rikk's an Army capitain....he gets the mojo...
                        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

He quoted me...but was talking about diamondsam...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by YankeeRose
                            Great day in the mornin' sweetheart...you are so far off base....POJO is the farthest thing from a sheep that the army has to offer. Perhaps you accusations against him reflect your own insecurities. Trust me when I say this...99.9% of us will stand behind his word over yours any day!!
                            LOL...Jesus Christ, I never called POJO a sheep! Are you kiddin'? I called the person he was quoting a sheep!

ROTFLMAO! It's amazing how touchy people have been around here lately. I'll call someone a sheep if he says Van Hagar is better than Van Roth. I know exactly what POJO was saying, and it wasn't him I was referring to!!
                            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Trust me...Rikk's an Army capitain....he gets the mojo...
                              Thanks POJO. Glad you caught who I was referring to.
                              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Don't worry about Yank as well brutha...

we go way back...she doesn't know you from a hole in the ground...

and thought you drew a line in the sand...

and us EUAS stick together......even us that don't wear the tag anymore...

but hey...founders don't have to...do they...

Comment

Working...