Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Droomer5150
    Roadie
    • Jan 2012

Check out this photoshop someone made haha. http://s129.photobucket.com/user/CGa...AJuve.jpg.html
    SMOOTH INTENTIONS, RIGHT NOW, EMILY JOY, CHRIS GIBBS BAND, RUN RIOT! (Def Leppard), KISSTAKE (Kiss), SNAKEBITE (Whitesnake). Recording/Session Drumming http://www.youtube.com/joshkosh95 https://twitter.com/joshcgallagher https://www.facebook.com/joshgallaghermusic

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Droomer5150
      Check out this photoshop someone made haha. http://s129.photobucket.com/user/CGa...AJuve.jpg.html
      That's old news around here.. That pic was originally Jhale.
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Droomer5150
        hairy kid.jpg

canella's kid's face
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chuckjitsu
          Head Fluffer
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by DONNIEP
          A good bit of the stuff has already been cataloged. They had a guy working on it a few years back (maybe more). And as usual nothing came of it.
          Well, if that's the case, then that is pretty lame. Not surprising, but still lame. Don't know if it's been discussed around here before, but are there copyright issues around some of that stuff? Take the US Festival show for example. Could they put that out even if they wanted to?

Comment

• CreatureFrmTheC
            Groupie
            • Jul 2009

Interesting that Mike says he's not interested in writing a book just yet because he would make too many enemies. I can't imagine him divulging so much damning information about other people in a book about his life the way his buddy did. Even in this interview, he said "not to mention any names" at least a few times. While the possibility of returning to VH remains remote, he is wise to not burn the bridge.

You can too write a book with out pissing people off if you write about the good times. Who the fuck said every book has to be full of piss and vinegar just to sell it.
            Sam's book, well he's just someone who has to make everyone look bad so he looks better. Maybe it worked, but I never read it because I have no respect for someone who behaves that way.

Same with Valerie. Why release a fucking bio of her fucked up life in the middle of her child's first chance at getting some respect as a musician? Why release it when the man she once loved is trying to recover from a lifetime of addiction, just for sport? Did she enjoy the tour getting put on hold so Ed and Wolf could recover from their wife and mother's vicious vile tribute about their life together? Did she enjoy that power?

This behavior is why I have had nothing to do with VH after Dave left. Sammy was very vocal, me or Dave. I wanted both, but was only invited to one. I chose the one who took the higher road, loved the band he left, and never said a rotten thing about his friends or gave Sam and the media the war they wanted. I became ROTH FAN

So Michael Anthony, if you want to write a book, do so. Do so with class. Not with spit and venom. You are part of the original Mighty Van Halen!!! You threw backyard parties for thousands of fans in sold out arenas for years! Remember the good times. Write about that. We don't give a shit who fucked who over. We want you back for a farewell tour. We want to hear your voice again. Remember us? The fans that were there for you in the backyards of Pasadena up until the 1984 tour. We are the original 6 pack.

I really hope you read the new book that is coming out.
            Last edited by CreatureFrmTheC; 09-18-2014, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by CreatureFrmTheC
              I really hope you read the new book that is coming out.
              You mean Van Halen Rising? Yeah, that's going to be amazing. Many here are shrugging it off as just another collection of the same old stories plodded out. I've been in touch with the author and let me tell you, this guy has done some severe homework. He even interviewed Mike. VAiN designed the book jacket, which looks awesome. Says it's going to come out by mid 2015, hopefully. I think he's having too much fun writing and he keeps finding more info as he goes that simply can't be excluded. I'm looking forward to it all right.

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                You mean Van Halen Rising? Yeah, that's going to be amazing. Many here are shrugging it off as just another collection of the same old stories plodded out. I've been in touch with the author and let me tell you, this guy has done some severe homework. He even interviewed Mike. VAiN designed the book jacket, which looks awesome. Says it's going to come out by mid 2015, hopefully. I think he's having too much fun writing and he keeps finding more info as he goes that simply can't be excluded. I'm looking forward to it all right.
                Greg is a good dude, and posts here from time to time. I have no doubt his book is going to be first class, and I am looking forward to it.

Comment

• smorgdonkey
                  Roadie
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by CreatureFrmTheC
                  So Michael Anthony, if you want to write a book, do so. Do so with class. Not with spit and venom. You are part of the original Mighty Van Halen!!! You threw backyard parties for thousands of fans in sold out arenas for years! Remember the good times. Write about that. We don't give a shit who fucked who over.
                  Without the dirt, it isn't real.

Sam is a scumbag for what he did to his wife, but as for airing out the dirt on Ed and anyone else - it comes with the territory and if Ed thought that Howdy Doody Mountain was an armed palisade, then he got it wrong. If anyone deserves to have their bad behavior out in the open it is Ed.

I'd still like to read Sam's book to know some of that stuff but he is an off-putting character so I can't bring myself to do it...and remember, Ed wanted Sam in the band. Ed.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by smorgdonkey
                    ...and remember, Ed wanted Sam in the band. Ed.
                    In '86, after crying to the Lamborghini mechanic, sure. I hang the '04 mess on Al, who called Hags. Not so sure Ed remembers '04.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by smorgdonkey
                      I'd still like to read Sam's book to know some of that stuff but he is an off-putting character so I can't bring myself to do it...and remember, Ed wanted Sam in the band. Ed.

I don't see any point in reading Hagar's book when I know half the stuff you can check is just made up bullshit.

So when you get to a bit that you don't already know like something behind closed doors how do you work out if it's true? Do you assume 50% bullshit? 75%? Anything that makes him look bad is true and vice versa?

What's the point? What insight would you get from, lets face it, a pretty dumb guy ? Plus Van Hagar was a shitty boring MOR band with one or two rock songs per album with annoying singing. You would be better reading the singer of Loverboy's autobiography if there is such a thing.

Reading Sammy's book would be like reading the autobiography of a pretty unpleasant compulsive liar with no self awareness who won the lottery.
                      Last edited by Seshmeister; 09-18-2014, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        I don't see any point in reading his book when I know half the stuff you can check is just made up bullshit.

So when you get to a bit that you don't already know like something behind closed doors how do you work out if it's true? Do you assume 50% bullshit? 75%? Anything that makes him look bad is true and vice versa?

What's the point? What insight would you get from, lets face it, a pretty dumb guy ? Plus Van Hagar was a shitty boring MOR band with one or two rock songs per album with annoying singing. You would be better reading the singer of Loverboy's autobiography if there is such a thing.

Reading Sammy's book would be like reading the autobiography of a pretty unpleasant compulsive liar with no self awareness who won the lottery.
                        I would just like to clarify, you are talking about Sammy Clichegar's book, and not the one Greg is presently writing. I'd hate for someone to think you're talking about the upcoming "Van Halen Rising" book.

You are talking about the Clichegar book. Someone else is talking about Mike potentially writing a book. DLR Bridge and I are talking about Greg's book he's writing now.

By the way. WTF does "DLR Bridge" mean, anyway?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Ah I'll tidy it, I thought I was replying to smorg and DLRB slipped a post in between us.. so to speak.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
                            Greg is a good dude, and posts here from time to time. I have no doubt his book is going to be first class, and I am looking forward to it.

I admit to being skeptical at first, but after talking to him and seeing just how much research he's putting into it, I agree it should be excellent.

We tried to see if we could get Greg an interview with DLR, but Dave turned it down.....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              By the way. WTF does "DLR Bridge" mean, anyway?
                              Well, you'll just have to go back to Shoes thread about screen names from 2 or 3 years ago and find out!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                                We tried to see if we could get Greg an interview with DLR, but Dave turned it down.....
                                Dag nabbit! He should write the dang forward to the thing a la the first Zloz book. That was a great forward by the by.

Comment

Working...