Andrew Says VH "In Mixing Stage For New Album" (VHND update added)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
    The ego and ignorance of this band never ceases to amaze me. Do they really believe all their secrecy is warranted in this day and age? Do they really believe that shit promotes them in a positive light, and makes them seem more relevant than they really are?
    Who are you talking about ??

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Yes, if you haven't listened to the last Tremonti album, or his Alter Bridge albums, you are doing yourself an injustice as a fan of rock and roll.
      You're losing it...

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
        You're losing it...

No, I'm not.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Oh yeah...

Big time...

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The ego and ignorance of this band never ceases to amaze me. Do they really believe all their secrecy is warranted in this day and age? Do they really believe that shit promotes them in a positive light, and makes them seem more relevant than they really are?
            I think it boils down to the fact that the brothers live in isolation and what little exposure they get from the outside world is within the narcissistic, psycho Hollywood world of Southern California. Their social circles all idolize each other and blow smoke up any available ass on the red carpet.

So anytime they step out of their gated compounds... they are treated like they deserve big star relevancy. That's the way that community operates and they're surrounded by it 24/7/365. If they spent any time outside the Hollywood circle... they'd discover 98% of the world doesn't give a shit who they are nor would even recognize them unless they stumbled across some old hippies or lost 80's losers.

Yeah Wolfgang gets it... he's making a life and name for HIMSELF. On the other hand... sure he loves his dad, but Van Halen is the dusty old, rusty crap of his old man's and uncle. Kids don't respect or take care anything their parents have or value... they didn't have to work for any of that shit. They'll just use it, abuse it then just toss it and walk away bored with it... That's what this entitled generation does.

They have quite capable and excellent industry management who could get an album, LP or anything out or book them gigs anywhere in the world. They just can't get Ed, Al & Dave's lazy asses off the couch... for any price!!

The saddest thing in play is the window to produce anything viable from the 3 original members is closing fast if it hasn't closed already...
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
              Oh yeah...

Big time...
              Open up that rusty screen door, and step into the present, Elvis.

VH would never let Tremonti, or many other bands out there right now, open for them these days. They know they'd get their asses blown off the stage. Why the fuck do you think they are putting fucking Kool And The Gang and that Marley dude out there to open their shows? No chance to get blown off the stage by them!

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Kool And The Gang came close...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

...It's just frustrating as such a huge fan of this band, to be treated like we don't matter, by them. When I can walk into Best Buy and see Blu Ray DVD's from a show from the 1970's from Uriah fucking Heep (don't get me wrong, I like them), it fucking frustrates me.

That!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    That!
                    I second the motion ! ReDICKulus !!! I guess it takes time to superimpose Wolfs face over Mike's on the old concert footage !

Comment

• wolfsbane
                      Roadie
                      • Jan 2005

Read between the lines people.

There probably is not any new music recorded. DLR has disappeared to finish the mystery project( which will be a big letdown).

John 5 is back to talking about the Over the rainbow stuff again.

DLR comments that EVH does not want us to know his vision - Which is that he no longer wants new music.

We will probably get one more tour - and that's it.

Don't hold your breath.

Comment

• Never was
                        Foot Soldier
                        • May 2012

May get a dvd of MSG 2008 and re-issues with bonus track recorded during ADKOT plus a Vegas residency. That would be a productive 2015. We shall see

Would be cool if the John 5 DLR record got out.

As a business Van Halen Inc. is shockingly dysfunctional. The band however still has life in it despite its current appearance.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

I have come to the conclusion that if I never see or hear anything out of VH again, it will not bother me.

I would love it if they brought bassplayer back for their final tour, but Ed hates bassplayer so much, I doubt it will happen.

If they tour again, I will go see them once more. If they don't tour again, I got to see them once on this last tour, so I can't complain.

I got to see them 4 times when they were a real band, so I am fine with whatever ends up happening.

If they are stupid enough to get back with Spamulus, then I will gladly wish they go fuck themselves.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Digital music has killed VH...no kids today download Van Halen..The days of walking into a music store and seeing the artwork, hearing the music on the store stereo and asking who it is..ironic.Kids today want quick and easy and VH has gotten lazy..

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

^so sad, but so true.^

Comment

• mug
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Mar 2005

How bout a live disc. An old, new show dvd blu-ray package.

Comment

Working...