Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

RD, I agree with all but your last paragraph. His live delivery was always exciting because he was giving you a different take on the studio recordings that A. worked and B. Fit in with his stage antics. He pulled off entertaining and singing like no other. Vocal range non-sense aside (should always be aside), I'd say he commanded the stage better than Mercury and still turned in an impressive vocal.

I agree with your previous remark about how you shouldn't let a bad part to a song determine that the whole song is unlistenable. There are a million songs I only like parts of. No big 'ting.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ELVIS
      Well, I'll make myself a compilation of the acceptable stuff like I always do...
      That's the way too go. A better show wouldn't require that. But whatever. Maybe 2020 ?

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        Well, I'll make myself a compilation of the acceptable stuff like I always do...
        Could be worse...Who made the DLR comment??!! lmao

Comment

• Fairwrning
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

I swear if you can get through that Natl anthem without laughing..I owe you a beer

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Fairwrning
            I swear if you can get through that Natl anthem without laughing..I owe you a beer

Hooo man. You sir, do NOT owe me a beer. I'm crying laugh tears.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
              Could be worse...Who made the DLR comment??!! lmao
              Good violinist later on though...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Yeah..keeps you watching while rooster dude is singing KC and the Sunshine Band...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

There are more people on the field than in the crowd for the preshow, makes you wonder why they bother.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Ha I had forgotten about this one...

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Wrong forum...

Comment

• BenJammin
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                        Dave is for sure on at least 5 songs. And that's why I and others keep saying why this show ???!!!! I don't get it. A ballsy move sure. But a smart one ? Hardly. I enjoyed it. I will play it a few times a year out in the back yard because it's louder than my bootlegs and piss of the local cats, but I think it will be a forgettable live album in a few years. If not sooner ! A lot of diehards will love it because it is a pure live recording. But so what ! Only half of it is really good.

Not putting it down, but if they were going to do a live album, they should have done it in 2007, like when Dave sounded like Dave could (still impressed he pulled off Atomic Punk so well on that tour ! -What did he do to prepare and why can't he do that again ?). Ed was a bit off at times, but they should have recorded a handful and cherry picked.
                        "Money can't buy poverty." -Marty Feldman

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

They couldn't/wouldn't do that because they couldn't have any of the new tracks, Wolfgang was way too green, the backing vocals were piped in and Eddie was nowhere close to where he is now even on his better nights.

It's like if you are going to choose a group photo from a bunch you are in, the first place you look is at yourself and you don't choose the one where you look goofy. If one of the other guys is blinking in the pic you look good in well that's his problem.

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Romeo Delight

For example, in HAIL...in the beginning I thought Dave was off vocaly a bit and was dissapointed. But now after a full listen there are parts later in the song where I think he nailed it better than any performance I have heard. Overall its a great live version of the song.
                            Wow. Just fucking WOW.

I have read some fucked up statements on this site, but this must be the most fucked up statement I've ever read. You sound like a fucking school girl sticking up for One Direction. You sound even worse than the Redheads did in '04.

I can close my eyes, grab any fucking bootleg off the stack, and guaranfuckingtee it will have a better version of HAIL on it, than the one you are calling the greatest version ever. That's a fucking FACT!

I'm really not sure who you're trying to convince, that this album is great. I'm thinking it must be yourself.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              Wow. Just fucking WOW.

I have read some fucked up statements on this site, but this must be the most fucked up statement I've ever read. You sound like a fucking school girl sticking up for One Direction. You sound even worse than the Redheads did in '04.

I can close my eyes, grab any fucking bootleg off the stack, and guaranfuckingtee it will have a better version of HAIL on it, than the one you are calling the greatest version ever. That's a fucking FACT!

I'm really not sure who you're trying to convince, that this album is great. I'm thinking it must be yourself.
                              I am glad you got your panties in a twist over it anyhoo...

I really like it. I love the Oakland show like everyone else, but is that really Dave's best live performance of the song? If I listened to a dozen boots I would probably find one I liked better, but this version is not anywhere near as bad as you are saying.

Btw, where exactly did I say "greatest version Ever" that would be nowhere in my post.
                              Last edited by Romeo Delight; 04-01-2015, 11:18 PM.
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                                I am glad you got your panties in a twist over it anyhoo...

I really like it. I love the Oakland show like everyone else, but is that really Dave's best live performance of the song? If I listened to a dozen boots I would probably find one I liked better, but this version is not anywhere near as bad as you are saying.
                                If you listen to a dozen boots, and only find one better than this one, you might want to go get your ears checked out.

Comment

Working...