X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by perrin29
    The low crowd noise drives me a bit cause for 40,000 people they're a little too quiet.
    Imagine that...

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by perrin29
      I would pretty much agree with you on those picks. He does a couple vocal things I like in RWTD, Hear About It Later and Romeo. I've been listening to it all week and it has grown on me. The low crowd noise drives me a bit cause for 40,000 people they're a little too quiet.
      The crowds in Japan are known for being quiet and listening.. Something that American audiences should take into their hearts. What I find mildly annoying is the raising of the crowd noise if Tokyo is mentioned.
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VAiN
        The crowds in Japan are known for being quiet and listening..
        Is that why Cheap Trick at Budokan is chock full of screams from the audience ??

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Something that American audiences should take into their hearts.
          C'mon dude, you're making that up as you go along...

The only Americans need to take into their hearts is Christ Jesus !!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

The crowds in Japan are known for being quiet and listening.. Something that American audiences should take into their hearts. What I find mildly annoying is the raising of the crowd noise if Tokyo is mentioned.
            Yup, but you kinda knew that the crowd would be relatively quiet now in hindsight with Dave picking the show because of his affinity for the Japanese culture....

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Is that why Cheap Trick at Budokan is chock full of screams from the audience ??
            Not quite the fair comparison...

Budokan is 1/4 the size of Big Egg (Tokyo Dome), it's cavernous.... The Cheap Trick show was with them young in their prime in '77, compared to VH in their '60's....

Here's a video of Japanese girls screaming for VH when they were young....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by ELVIS
              C'mon dude, you're making that up as you go along...

The only Americans need to take into their hearts is Christ Jesus !!
              No way man, I plan these posts out months in advance.

How about a compromise? Americans take Jesus AND shutting the fuck up into their hearts?
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

To this day , that chick is etched into my brain screaming " Robin,Robin"..

Comment

• ODShowtime
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

I like when Bonzo would taunt the Japanese audiences.

"Far too noisy"
                  gnaw on it

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

And you just knew this was coming....

I knew Sammy Hagar was calling me Monday, so I kept saying to myself, “Don’t ask him how terrible the new Van Halen album is.” But then, Hagar brought up how terrible it is.

New Van Halen album has Sammy Hagar laughing

By DOUG ELFMAN
                    LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

I knew Sammy Hagar was calling me Monday, so I kept saying to myself, “Don’t ask him how terrible the new Van Halen album is.” But then, Hagar brought up how terrible it is.

Here’s the bad-blood background if you’re 10 years old or a newly arrived space alien: David Lee Roth sang in Van Halen. Then Hagar sang in Van Halen. Then Roth rejoined Van Halen.

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad.

“I’m trying to tread lightly on the whole thing,” Hagar told me. “Every time they do something, I’m like, ‘Oh my god, can these guys do anything worse to their reputation and to the level of the music of the band?”

I can’t believe Van Halen even released the album with Roth’s voice sounding like it does.

“They’ve got some pretty rough vocals,” Hagar said of Roth.

I told Hagar I tried not to even bring up Van Halen.

“I’m glad you didn’t, but I did,” Hagar said and laughed. “I try to stay away from criticism, but here I am, already starting this interview with it. It’s impossible, Doug. It’s impossible to stay away from. Standing back, I’m just going, ‘What the (expletive) are these guys thinking?’”

Meanwhile, Hagar has a new band called the Circle. It includes Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony, Wabos’ guitarist Vic Johnson, and last but not least, Jason Bonham on drums.

This Friday at Fremont Street Experience, a tribute band will perform some Hagar hits. Then around 9 p.m., the Circle will walk on stage with Sammy’s Beach Bar’s Rum, toast the crowd and watch an overhead-canopy show of Circle songs.

After that show, Hagar will party at his Cabo Wabo Cantina in Planet Hollywood.

Then on Saturday, the Circle performs at the Downtown Las Vegas Events Center.

The Circle has its own live album, “At Your Service,” coming out May 19. I’ve heard one song. That one song sounds infinitely better than the new Van Halen album.

On stage, the Circle performs Van Hagar songs, Hagar solo hits, songs from his days in the band Montrose, and Led Zeppelin classics, since Bonham is the son of Zeppelin’s iconic drummer.

Hagar said Bonham, revered in his own right, is at the top of his game.

“In the old days, he was great, but he was crazy. We’d say, ‘Where’s Jason?’ It was like, ‘He just got up and walked off stage and went back to the dressing room to get himself a drink.’ He was living that real ’70s Led Zeppelin style.”

Hagar said seeing the Circle is the only way to hear Van Halen musicians play the Van Hagar oeuvre.

“The Van Hagar era — those great songs, ‘Poundcake,’ ‘When It’s Love,’ ‘Right Now,’ ‘Why Can’t This Be Love?,’ ‘Top of the World,’ ‘Finish What Ya Started,’ ‘Best of Both Worlds’ — you’ll never hear those songs again, unless I’m singing them.”

Hagar also has a new TV show starting on AXS, called “Rock and Roll Road Trip.” He’s interviewing famous friends like Tommy Lee and Alice Cooper on that show. And he is launching a radio show this year.

As you can see, Hagar remains one of the world’s most reliable quote machines.

“Yeah, I’ll tell you anything,” he said. “Then I read my interview, and I go, ‘Dammit, I shouldn’t have said that. Next time, I gotta watch out.’ After my 30,000th interview of my life, I’m still going, ‘Oh boy, I shouldn’t have done that.’

“The truth of the matter is, everyone is welcome, and has the right, to their own opinion. That would include me.”
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

By DOUG ELFMAN
                      LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

“Every time they do something, I’m like, ‘Oh my god, can these guys do anything worse to their reputation and to the level of the music of the band?”
                      Well...they've done two "somethings" in the last 3 years. One was ADKOT, which I think was great....and Hagar's jealous poodle ass can go jump off a cliff.

As for "Tokyo Dome", I kind of agree with Hagar. I think they should have left well enough alone.

Not that I care...but what happened to Chickenshit? Is Chad really that busy that they couldn't keep that "supergroup" together?
                      Originally posted by perilouspete
                      fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fraroc
                        Commando
                        • Jun 2012

By DOUG ELFMAN
                        LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Here’s the bad-blood background if you’re 10 years old or a newly arrived space alien: David Lee Roth sang in Van Halen. Then Hagar sang in Van Halen. Then Roth rejoined Van Halen.

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad.

“I’m trying to tread lightly on the whole thing,” Hagar told me. “Every time they do something, I’m like, ‘Oh my god, can these guys do anything worse to their reputation and to the level of the music of the band?”

I can’t believe Van Halen even released the album with Roth’s voice sounding like it does.

“I’m glad you didn’t, but I did,” Hagar said and laughed. “I try to stay away from criticism, but here I am, already starting this interview with it. It’s impossible, Doug. It’s impossible to stay away from. Standing back, I’m just going, ‘What the (expletive) are these guys thinking?’”

Meanwhile, Hagar has a new band called the Circle. It includes Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony, Wabos’ guitarist Vic Johnson, and last but not least, Jason Bonham on drums.

This Friday at Fremont Street Experience, a tribute band will perform some Hagar hits. Then around 9 p.m., the Circle will walk on stage with Sammy’s Beach Bar’s Rum, toast the crowd and watch an overhead-canopy show of Circle songs.

The Circle has its own live album, “At Your Service,” coming out May 19. I’ve heard one song. That one song sounds infinitely better than the new Van Halen album.

On stage, the Circle performs Van Hagar songs, Hagar solo hits, songs from his days in the band Montrose, and Led Zeppelin classics, since Bonham is the son of Zeppelin’s iconic drummer.

“In the old days, he was great, but he was crazy. We’d say, ‘Where’s Jason?’ It was like, ‘He just got up and walked off stage and went back to the dressing room to get himself a drink.’ He was living that real ’70s Led Zeppelin style.”

Hagar said seeing the Circle is the only way to hear Van Halen musicians play the Van Hagar oeuvre.

“The Van Hagar era — those great songs, ‘Poundcake,’ ‘When It’s Love,’ ‘Right Now,’ ‘Why Can’t This Be Love?,’ ‘Top of the World,’ ‘Finish What Ya Started,’ ‘Best of Both Worlds’ — you’ll never hear those songs again, unless I’m singing them.”

Hagar also has a new TV show starting on AXS, called “Rock and Roll Road Trip.” He’s interviewing famous friends like Tommy Lee and Alice Cooper on that show. And he is launching a radio show this year.

“Yeah, I’ll tell you anything,” he said. “Then I read my interview, and I go, ‘Dammit, I shouldn’t have said that. Next time, I gotta watch out.’ After my 30,000th interview of my life, I’m still going, ‘Oh boy, I shouldn’t have done that.’

“The truth of the matter is, everyone is welcome, and has the right, to their own opinion. That would include me.”
                        How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• perrin29
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2012

By DOUG ELFMAN
                          LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Another example of why Hagar is a complete asshole. Puts off the persona like he's a happy, go lucky dude but deep down he's a bitter, resentful dick. He had every opportunity not to mention it but his only relevancy to th world is when he is putting down VH. Nobody cares about what he is up to. He's in a band with Bonham covering Zepp songs, MA singing Dave songs and him schlocking that mediocre catalogue from the Hagar years. If anyone challenged him on it to his face, he would start going on about album sales. I could give him countless examples of artists that sold a shit ton of music but doesn't mean it will be revered in twenty years. the classic VH years are and still stand the test of time and that jealous fuck can't handle it.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Whatever...

He's 1000% right about this...

"and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad."

Comment

• private parts
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2007

Sounds to me like Sammy agrees with 90% of the members of this site. Dave sounds like shit and Van Halen fucked up doing a live album.
                              Should we invite him to chime in on the "Dave can't sing for shit" thread?
                              sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Clichegar might want to listen to the way Victor butchers those Van Hagar songs. He might be a good guitarist, but he can't play Ed for shit.

Comment

Working...